I am planning a trip to California with my 18 year old son. Here is the plan so far:
Day 1 - fly into San Francisco; see The Book of Mormon
Day 2 - Muir Woods/Sausalito
Day 3- Napa
Day 4 - rental car; drive from SF with stops along the way to San Simeon
Day 5-tour Hearst Castle; drive from San Simeon to Santa Monica
Day 6-LA in one day tour from Santa Monica; return from tour @5pm and drive to Anaheim
The part that is producing anxiety is the driving. Is the drive from Santa Monica to Anaheim on a Sunday night doable? The idea of LA traffic is very stressful. Any suggestions or tips?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Looking for suggestions for Washington state weekend getaways
- 2 Advice on tipping
- 3 Campground and Beach near Mystic, Ct
- 4 Restaurants in San Francisco and Napa/Sonoma Valley
- 5 Hilton Head restaurants
- 6 Self-Catering to Lunch at Philadelphia's Barnes Collection
- 7 September Road Trip in New England
- 8 Road trip October
- 9 Western Trip - CO, Utah, NV
- 10 Amish
- 11 Our Badlands, Black Hills, Yellowstone Adventure, June 2015
- 12 SF, One day trip to wine county help July 3-5th??
- 13 United Nations tours
- 14 Solo Trip to Seattle on a Budget
- 15 national/state park in November
- 16 Road trip phila to toronto - help!
- 17 Nantucket for Columbus Weekend
- 18 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 19 Cayo Costa State Park
- 20 Restaurant near Dana on the bay San Diego
- 21 Philadelphia to Sunset, SC via I81 and others
- 22 Cross Country NH to WA
- 23 Yreka, CA to Medford, OR, Siskiyou Pass
- 24 Road Trip
- 25 2 months in Hawaii!