I am planning a trip to California with my 18 year old son. Here is the plan so far:
Day 1 - fly into San Francisco; see The Book of Mormon
Day 2 - Muir Woods/Sausalito
Day 3- Napa
Day 4 - rental car; drive from SF with stops along the way to San Simeon
Day 5-tour Hearst Castle; drive from San Simeon to Santa Monica
Day 6-LA in one day tour from Santa Monica; return from tour @5pm and drive to Anaheim
The part that is producing anxiety is the driving. Is the drive from Santa Monica to Anaheim on a Sunday night doable? The idea of LA traffic is very stressful. Any suggestions or tips?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Cape Cod in September with toddler
- 2 Road Trip From IA to Niagara Falls
- 3 Atlanta Airport
- 4 Badlands, Yellowstone, Grand Teton, etc. 2016 trip - Need suggestions
- 5 Help with first time
- 6 Thousand Islands - Must Dos
- 7 San Francisco Itinerary help
- 8 San Francisco to Monterey Bay Time?
- 9 Crowd levels in Pigeon Forge/Sevierville
- 10 Best Fly-fishing in July
- 11 New York City never gets Old! A long "Christmasy" weekend.
- 12 Lodge at Torrey Pines or Hilton Torrey Pines?
- 13 Discounted Rental Car?
- 14 2-day pass through trip in Glacier & Waterton National Park
- 15 A day at Franconia Notch State Park and White Mountain National Forest
- 16 Boston thru New Hampshire to Quebec City
- 17 Colorado Winter Wedding Venue
- 18 Best City/Place to stopover between Seattle & San Francisco
- 19 SW Colorado and Moab, UT
- 20 Chicago, Illinois: Where to stay? Do you need a car?
- 21 Would appreciate help choosing NYC hotel for Aug/Sept visit.
- 22 BYOB in New York City
- 23 1st Visit to USA with kids in Jul-Aug, SFO,LA,SD & LAS - 21 days. Need Help
- 24 Alaska cruise round trip from Seattle - need a passport?
- 25 Inexpensive family getaways