I am planning a trip to California with my 18 year old son. Here is the plan so far:
Day 1 - fly into San Francisco; see The Book of Mormon
Day 2 - Muir Woods/Sausalito
Day 3- Napa
Day 4 - rental car; drive from SF with stops along the way to San Simeon
Day 5-tour Hearst Castle; drive from San Simeon to Santa Monica
Day 6-LA in one day tour from Santa Monica; return from tour @5pm and drive to Anaheim
The part that is producing anxiety is the driving. Is the drive from Santa Monica to Anaheim on a Sunday night doable? The idea of LA traffic is very stressful. Any suggestions or tips?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Where to add a few days in Colorado?
- 2 late-night DC restaurant
- 3 palm desert, CA
- 4 New York Trip
- 5 Balloon fest hotels
- 6 Road trip from Oakville to Vermont, Maine, Boston - too much in 7 days?
- 7 Philadelphia ?
- 8 Disappointed with Hotwire for our Austin Rental Car
- 9 Chicago - Walk? Cab? Bus? From Soldier Field...
- 10 Orlando-off-the-beaten-track
- 11 Joe Tro's San Francisco trip report
- 12 Suggested Itinerary for Grand Canyon and Utah National Parks in two weeks
- 13 Itinerary for solo traveler to Maui, Hawaii
- 14 Baggage & Missed Plane Connection Questions
- 15 California: Sonoma/ San Fran/ Carmel
- 16 Houston in September
- 17 America's Quirkiest Towns -- Is that a good thing?
- 18 Connecticut trip 3rd week of September
- 19 Aloha from Paradise (aka Kauai)
- 20 Hwy 54 instead of I-40 from Tucumcari to Wichita good or bad idea?
- 21 El Paso to Kansas City via Texas
- 22 Yosemite First timers in August survival Guide
- 23 Exploring New Jersey and New York city
- 24 Seattle to Las Vegas Family Road Trip
- 25 Dinner-Portland, OR-Favorites?