I am planning a trip to California with my 18 year old son. Here is the plan so far:
Day 1 - fly into San Francisco; see The Book of Mormon
Day 2 - Muir Woods/Sausalito
Day 3- Napa
Day 4 - rental car; drive from SF with stops along the way to San Simeon
Day 5-tour Hearst Castle; drive from San Simeon to Santa Monica
Day 6-LA in one day tour from Santa Monica; return from tour @5pm and drive to Anaheim
The part that is producing anxiety is the driving. Is the drive from Santa Monica to Anaheim on a Sunday night doable? The idea of LA traffic is very stressful. Any suggestions or tips?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Oom-pa-pa at the Y (our “camping” report) April 2015 St. Louis MO
- 2 Purchase of Florida Condo
- 3 Alaska Trip Planning
- 4 Southern Alabama trip report
- 5 Calling card for land line phones in National Parks in the western states
- 6 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 7 Traffic from Wine Country to SFO on weekday
- 8 Atlanta to LA
- 9 scenic route from Estes Park to Salt Lake City
- 10 2 Short Trips to NYC: Broadway, Opera, Tenements, Hotels, Cholesterol
- 11 New York City-New Things?
- 12 SOS....Thunderstorms when we plan to visit NOLA
- 13 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 14 Don't let me miss any special spots, YNP & GTNP in July.
- 15 Navajo Trail in Bryce Canyon -- what to do when Wall Street closed??
- 16 Traveling from Vegas to Grand Canyon and Southern Utah
- 17 Driving from RI to NB, Best Place to Overnight in Maine?
- 18 Connecticut Highway 1. Should we do it?
- 19 Yes, there are coyotes in Manhattan
- 20 Lake Tahoe - May Vacation Advice
- 21 final plans utah/arizona trip
- 22 Utah: Zion for sure, Arches or Bryce?
- 23 Unique things to do in PA with a 20 month old! (and some adults too!)
- 24 4 Days in Kauai what to see and do
- 25 new york subway help please