I am planning a trip to California with my 18 year old son. Here is the plan so far:
Day 1 - fly into San Francisco; see The Book of Mormon
Day 2 - Muir Woods/Sausalito
Day 3- Napa
Day 4 - rental car; drive from SF with stops along the way to San Simeon
Day 5-tour Hearst Castle; drive from San Simeon to Santa Monica
Day 6-LA in one day tour from Santa Monica; return from tour @5pm and drive to Anaheim
The part that is producing anxiety is the driving. Is the drive from Santa Monica to Anaheim on a Sunday night doable? The idea of LA traffic is very stressful. Any suggestions or tips?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 First family ski trip
- 2 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 3 Huntington Beach - hostels?
- 4 5 nights in/around Yellowstone w/ kids
- 5 Here's how I spent my 3 hour layover in Washington, DC
- 6 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 7 NYC theatre broadway
- 8 Alaska
- 9 San Diego grocery stores
- 10 San Diego parks and attractions
- 11 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 12 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 13 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 14 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 15 Best non-chic, non-strip Hotel choices in Las Vegas??
- 16 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 17 Looking for Destination Ideas
- 18 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 19 Chigo O'Hare layover
- 20 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 21 Other places like Chautauqua Institution
- 22 Anchorage Sheraton Hotel and Spa
- 23 Visiting Denver
- 24 Visiting Denver
- 25 Planning family gathering in Sedona