I am planning a trip to California with my 18 year old son. Here is the plan so far:
Day 1 - fly into San Francisco; see The Book of Mormon
Day 2 - Muir Woods/Sausalito
Day 3- Napa
Day 4 - rental car; drive from SF with stops along the way to San Simeon
Day 5-tour Hearst Castle; drive from San Simeon to Santa Monica
Day 6-LA in one day tour from Santa Monica; return from tour @5pm and drive to Anaheim
The part that is producing anxiety is the driving. Is the drive from Santa Monica to Anaheim on a Sunday night doable? The idea of LA traffic is very stressful. Any suggestions or tips?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 family road trip from SF to Portland to Seattle
- 2 Northwest National Parks Tour
- 3 Guest Ranch - Montana/Wyoming
- 4 Skagway
- 5 Pacific Northwest with daughters
- 6 Retiring in NM?
- 7 Where would you live for a year if housing was paid for?
- 8 Chicago to Charleston
- 9 Alaska in First Week of Sept
- 10 Hiking the Narrows, Zion National Park
- 11 How many states have you been to?
- 12 Amtrack: Denver to California?
- 13 Where to stay 3 nights to see Yosemite from Death Valley?
- 14 Moving to Dallas - Where to live?
- 15 Washington DC in mid May. Questions!
- 16 Gros Ventre campsite availability mid Sept
- 17 Honeymoon out west.
- 18 New Orleans to Memphis and back
- 19 Route Planning for East USA
- 20 Favourite San Francisco hotel / New things to see??
- 21 Utah National Parks visit
- 22 Dallas for the first time. Rent car? Activities?
- 23 A Puffin, a Whale, and a Moose walk into a bar. In Maine
- 24 universal studios and disney
- 25 Visit to St. Simons Island, Georgia