I am planning a trip to California with my 18 year old son. Here is the plan so far:
Day 1 - fly into San Francisco; see The Book of Mormon
Day 2 - Muir Woods/Sausalito
Day 3- Napa
Day 4 - rental car; drive from SF with stops along the way to San Simeon
Day 5-tour Hearst Castle; drive from San Simeon to Santa Monica
Day 6-LA in one day tour from Santa Monica; return from tour @5pm and drive to Anaheim
The part that is producing anxiety is the driving. Is the drive from Santa Monica to Anaheim on a Sunday night doable? The idea of LA traffic is very stressful. Any suggestions or tips?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Ideas please for travel between Grand Canyon & Monument Valley
- 2 your favorite city USA?
- 3 Austin with Kids
- 4 ogunquit or kennenukport
- 5 Two days out of Seattle
- 6 New Orleans and Slidell
- 7 Senior Travel Helper
- 8 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 9 Coronado, La Jolla, or Other?
- 10 Help with driving East to West
- 11 Choosing between a few cities for a long weekend trip
- 12 Southern Cali itinerary help
- 13 Pacific coast road trip
- 14 Long weekend in D.C. With family
- 15 Driving Trip to Idaho
- 16 5 nights/6 days in Honolulu during Thanksgiving
- 17 South Carolina
- 18 New York City Transportation Experts - this one is for you!
- 19 NYC - Sargent - Sorolla
- 20 Flight Deals to Hawaii From Nashville?
- 21 Where to stay in Kansas City MO/What to do
- 22 Hotel suggestions San Francisco
- 23 Austin Getaway
- 24 Maine
- 25 Driving From Florida to Maryland