I am planning a trip to California with my 18 year old son. Here is the plan so far:
Day 1 - fly into San Francisco; see The Book of Mormon
Day 2 - Muir Woods/Sausalito
Day 3- Napa
Day 4 - rental car; drive from SF with stops along the way to San Simeon
Day 5-tour Hearst Castle; drive from San Simeon to Santa Monica
Day 6-LA in one day tour from Santa Monica; return from tour @5pm and drive to Anaheim
The part that is producing anxiety is the driving. Is the drive from Santa Monica to Anaheim on a Sunday night doable? The idea of LA traffic is very stressful. Any suggestions or tips?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 limited mobility for Savannah
- 2 Husband unable to walk long distances
- 3 Flipkey may be worse the vrbo
- 4 Two Seniors Visit NOLA, Cajuns and MS, Leave Wiser
- 5 Pacific Coast Highway 1st Timer
- 6 Hotel near Marlins Park
- 7 Middle aged and overweight - can I hike
- 8 Easter Week in Key West April 2017
- 9 Tioga Rd closed May-Oct??
- 10 Colorado Forest Die Off - How Awful Is It? Should We Visit Elsewhere?
- 11 Northwest Passage
- 12 Travelling to Colorado for the First Time - What Should I See and Do?
- 13 Yosemite, Sequoia, Kings Canyon in June 2018
- 14 Cleveland in 36 hours
- 15 17 DAYS - NATIONAL PARKS (LOOP FROM VEGAS)
- 16 Northwest Car Trip
- 17 Vegas to Grand Canyon by car in a day
- 18 What type of hire car for Nat Parks in UT, AZ
- 19 Inexpensive NYC Meals 2.0
- 20 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 21 All you can eat lobster in vegas and caviar
- 22 Family Colorado Road Trip
- 23 fairfeld inn or Hampton inn
- 24 Springfield, IL to Louisville, KY best route
- 25 Maui Bed and Breakfast