I am planning a trip to California with my 18 year old son. Here is the plan so far:
Day 1 - fly into San Francisco; see The Book of Mormon
Day 2 - Muir Woods/Sausalito
Day 3- Napa
Day 4 - rental car; drive from SF with stops along the way to San Simeon
Day 5-tour Hearst Castle; drive from San Simeon to Santa Monica
Day 6-LA in one day tour from Santa Monica; return from tour @5pm and drive to Anaheim
The part that is producing anxiety is the driving. Is the drive from Santa Monica to Anaheim on a Sunday night doable? The idea of LA traffic is very stressful. Any suggestions or tips?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Scenic road trip northeast Pennsylvania to Charlotte
- 2 SF and northern California - October
- 3 9 days Zion/Bryce from Vegas
- 4 Summer mountains and lakes with kids
- 5 grand canyon to santa fe in april?
- 6 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 7 West Coast (San Francisco to San Diego) Road Trip
- 8 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 9 Alabama trip in Dec
- 10 Destination and route guidance needed for Oct trip to New England.
- 11 Any off site car rental agencies around JFK?
- 12 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 13 November redwoods trip
- 14 Yellowstone
- 15 Montana dude ranch recommendation
- 16 10 Year Anniversary Dinner in NYC
- 17 Towing a camper trailer during January
- 18 costco Big island
- 19 Napili in Maui with toddlers?
- 20 Which island for R&R?
- 21 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 22 Olympic NP w/toddler
- 23 Great trip to Portsmouth, NH and Portland, ME
- 24 Your Favorite Restaurant in Annapolis
- 25 Fodor's Boston GTG