I am planning a trip to California with my 18 year old son. Here is the plan so far:
Day 1 - fly into San Francisco; see The Book of Mormon
Day 2 - Muir Woods/Sausalito
Day 3- Napa
Day 4 - rental car; drive from SF with stops along the way to San Simeon
Day 5-tour Hearst Castle; drive from San Simeon to Santa Monica
Day 6-LA in one day tour from Santa Monica; return from tour @5pm and drive to Anaheim
The part that is producing anxiety is the driving. Is the drive from Santa Monica to Anaheim on a Sunday night doable? The idea of LA traffic is very stressful. Any suggestions or tips?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Flying New Orleans-Burlington Vt, which airline? Where should I connect?
- 2 Cross Country RV Trip
- 3 Ackislander
- 4 Petrified national forest, AZ
- 5 Jason Lapene - Best Visiting place for holidays
- 6 Road trip in Arizona/Nevada/Utah - 9 days /end of Feb 15/ 4 adults & 1 baby
- 7 Accommodation in Los Angeles
- 8 Relatively Inexpensive NYC Hotel?
- 9 The Tides in Laguna Beach
- 10 Northern California in February
- 11 Cleveland Park or the West end for DC family spring break
- 12 Hoover Dam to Grand Canyon/Valley of Fire/Zion in May 2015
- 13 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 14 How to get there from here..routing advice, North Rim to Moab
- 15 Can you help my girlfriend and me with our itinerary?
- 16 Need help with San Juan Islands lodging
- 17 Las Vegas to San Francisco - Kings Canyon or Sequoia National Park?
- 18 Less than a day in Seattle area
- 19 New England September
- 20 1st time DC-NYC for family of 5 - Need itinerary advice
- 21 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 22 California
- 23 Trip to Memphis and Nashville
- 24 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 25 which river tour out of Haines, Alaska?