My Dad is in his 80's and loves to travel. He and My Mom loved to drive from Denver to my home and have done it countless times over the years. My Mom died this summer so he has lost his navigator. I really don't want him to drive here by himself. He commented that he felt like getting in the car and driving out here. Air won't do as you don't get to see anything. So I suggested the train. He could practically travel right next to the road they drove on and he would finally get to look out the window! Well, he thinks it's a good idea so now I have to help him plan it. I have done some train research here and it seems like a sleeper room would be the way to go but could you please give me some pointers? Thanks so much.
Amtrak Denver to San Jose help please
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 united and carry-ons
- 2 Old City -- Philadelphia -- Cocktails?
- 3 Any feedback on our roadtrip schedule would be much appreciated!
- 4 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 5 Planning help for honeymoon - likely Maui and the big island of Hawaii
- 6 Near Plum Island, MA ...what to see and do?
- 7 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 8 Most affordable Wineries in Northern California near Napa?
- 9 Car rental through Priceline bidding
- 10 Restaurants in Charleston, SC
- 11 Lodging in Mendocino County (Anderson Valley, Booneville, ??)
- 12 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 13 Yellowstone & Grand Tetons Wildlife
- 14 Big Island Trip Report: Hooked on Hilo; Kohala Coast is Costly!
- 15 Spending February on the Florida Panhandle
- 16 And now...The 100 Best Things to Eat in Philadelphia
- 17 Road Trip Sept/Oct (4 weeks) Key West-Carolina's-Nashville-Memphis-Dallas-Denver
- 18 Philadelphia
- 19 Arizona road trip any changes?
- 20 USA with a 3 year old
- 21 First family ski trip
- 22 NYC theatre broadway
- 23 Need Ideas for Quiet Vacation in Upstate New York
- 24 Universal studios/Orlando
- 25 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations