My Dad is in his 80's and loves to travel. He and My Mom loved to drive from Denver to my home and have done it countless times over the years. My Mom died this summer so he has lost his navigator. I really don't want him to drive here by himself. He commented that he felt like getting in the car and driving out here. Air won't do as you don't get to see anything. So I suggested the train. He could practically travel right next to the road they drove on and he would finally get to look out the window! Well, he thinks it's a good idea so now I have to help him plan it. I have done some train research here and it seems like a sleeper room would be the way to go but could you please give me some pointers? Thanks so much.
Amtrak Denver to San Jose help please
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 John Denver - Rocky Mountain High
- 2 Acadia Carriage Rides--Which One To Do?
- 3 let's do a new Hawaii countdown
- 4 Why are hotels in San Francisco sooooo expensive 10/11-10/14/14
- 5 Road trip itinerary
- 6 Marco Island, Florida-- Itinerary and Restaurant Suggestions?
- 7 San Francisco - mid October
- 8 Denver to Vegas, stops at Bryce/Zion/?
- 9 Another California/Utah/Arizona Road Trip...Itinerary Comments?
- 10 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 11 Sonoma and Napa Wine Country - How bad is it after the quake?
- 12 Bob Denver... Where are you?
- 13 Vegas hotels for families
- 14 Need help for our 5 night vacation in DENVER
- 15 Mystery of Death Valley's 'Sailing Stones' Solved | Moving Rocks
- 16 Beware of Denver Crown Limo!
- 17 3 weeks in Florida-Sarasota and Everglades recommendations needed
- 18 denver to badlands
- 19 Vegas to Grand Canyon, Bryce and/or Zion Dilemmma!
- 20 10 days in Big Island and Kauai
- 21 4th thread on East Coast trip.
- 22 Argentinians in NYC!!
- 23 Men's Open Final 30th Annual Quiksilver-Big Island Toyota Big Island Pro-Am
- 24 Arthritis and Humidity where to live?
- 25 Los Abrigados Sedona Arizona