Have traveled all over the world, but have never taken the train in the US. Can anyone help? We are thinking of booking two coach seats on the Capital Limited, Chicago to Washington DC. Seems like there is a choice between regular and lower lower coach seats. Does anyone know the difference? How is one assigned seats anyway? Any other help or hints for train travel? Are pillows and blankets provided? So much I don't know.
Amtrak Chicago to Washington DC
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Florida, Gulf Coast recommendations
- 2 Durango-Ouray-Telluride- Mesa Verde
- 3 USA with a 3 year old
- 4 Best stops for road trip from San Fran down the coast, family of 5?
- 5 Best seafood restaurant in Boston
- 6 San Diego parks and attractions
- 7 Alaska
- 8 Grand Circle Trip report, Arizona and Utah
- 9 What to do in Long Beach for a weekend?
- 10 Budget friendly long beach California restaurants
- 11 Arizona road trip any changes?
- 12 boston to nantucket: what are our options?
- 13 Salt Lake City, Utah
- 14 Black Canyon of the Gunnison East Portal Road
- 15 Accomodations in Seattle for 15
- 16 Universal studios/Orlando
- 17 Dividing time in Grand Canyon
- 18 What to do in Pawley's Island in Early March?
- 19 First family ski trip
- 20 Chain of Craters Road safe with Infants
- 21 AUSTIN HOTEL
- 22 Seattle hotel recommendation needed
- 23 driver for airport pick up in NY
- 24 Yes it's March, but let's talk Christmas destinations!
- 25 Where to eat lunch in Washington, D.C.?