Seating at the Goodman Chicago

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9th, 2005, 01:45 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't been to the new Goodman Theater in Chicago and wanted to go to see Christmas Carol this year. The best tickets for the day I'm interested in are row EE in the balcony, can anyone who has been tell me if these are OK? The theater doesn't look huge on the seating chart but you never know. Thanks!
Old Nov 9th, 2005, 01:55 PM
JJ5

If you go to www.metromix.com and link to the Goodman Theatre Site through the show you bought, I bet you can see the seat charting on that Goodman site.

You can also view it on www.ticketmaster.com if you enter as if you are buying tickets for that same show.
Old Nov 9th, 2005, 02:10 PM
Original Poster

Thanks JJ5, you can see the seating chart on the Goodman site but I always find seating charts hard to read for balconies, mostly because you never know where the balcony starts. I've been in theaters where the balconies are almost on the stage and others where the balconies start towards the middle.

I called the Goodman and they said that there are only 850 seats and that there are really no bad ones so I went ahead and booked them
Old Nov 10th, 2005, 06:01 AM

Kristi, you'll be fine on the seats. Once you get there, you'll see that the theatre wasn't fibbing - all the seats are good ones because of the intimate space.
Old Nov 10th, 2005, 11:14 AM

I have season tickets that are behind row EE in the balcony- you will see just fine. The Goodman's larger theatre (where this production will be shown) is not that large, and almost every seat is good.
Old Nov 11th, 2005, 11:56 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the reassurance, looking forward to seeing it again
Old Dec 14th, 2005, 08:37 AM
Original Poster

We went to the show last night and the seats were great, it's such a nicely set up theater that there really are no bad seats in the house! The balcony is on a pretty steep incline so you have absolutely no problem seeing around people and no sense as you are watching that they are even there. And the production was terrific! Thanks again for your help