Jersey Boys Chicago Theatre Seating?

Old Sep 28th, 2007, 02:43 AM
Original Poster

Jersey Boys Chicago Theatre Seating?

Hi all,
I'm 'almost' there with my planning for our trip in January thanks to LOTS of help from you all. I have one more question that you might be able to help me with -
We want to go to the Jersey Boys on either January 2nd or 3rd. The seats available are:

January 2nd Mezzanine Row M Left Center seats 319 to 321.

January 3rd Row E Left seats 13 to 15.

Both dates are showing BX1 available and although these are the most expensive tickets I'm thinking that they won't have the best view.

Does anyone know which tickets would be best??

Thanks for any help!
Old Sep 28th, 2007, 06:56 AM

Are the row E seats also in the Mezzanine?

Even if they are, they are about 8 rows closer to the stage. Being to the side wouldn't bother me as much as being further back.

If on the other hand the Row E seats are in the orchestra, again I'd grab them. You could actually see faces from there!

I brought up the seating chart but I have no idea what BX1 is. If they are the most expensive, why do you think they wouldn't have a better view? Are those boxes, near or almost over the stage?
Old Sep 28th, 2007, 08:08 AM

Hello,

As NeoPatrick notes, it's very important to know in which section the Row E tickets are located. The Mezzanine is actually the third level, so if the Row E tickets are in either the Orchestra or the Dress Circle, then those tickets are superb.

The boxes are at the far right an left, but offer great views. This picture: http://www.broadwayinchicago.com/lasalle_splash.php
should give you a good idea of what the inside of the theatre looks like.

But anyways, I agree, I'd take the row E seats for sure (unless they're Row E balcony!)

Enjoy Jersey Boys!
Old Sep 28th, 2007, 08:16 AM
Original Poster

Duh, sorry, those Row E tickets are in Mezzanine too .. In my hurry to post I forgot to say!
There are absolutely no Orchestra or Dress Circle seats left for those dates unfortunately.
The BX1 is Box seating I'm told but someone mentioned on another board that you might not be able to see the corner of the stage below the box. I'm not sure what it would be like being right on the side in the box either (have never been in a box)??

Now that I have given the full details (finally!) , which would you chose??

Thanks agian for your help.
Old Sep 28th, 2007, 08:31 AM

That picture of the theatre interior is a great link! I hate the generic seating chart on the Ticketmaster site as it doesn't show how many seats in each row.Looking at the picture of the interior, I guess those E13 and 15 of Mezzanine are actually against the wall, and are as likely as the box seats not to offer a view of the corner of the stage. Unlike a really visual show (like Wicked or something fully staged) I would think that the box seats would actually be great for this show (well, maybe not great, but better than the other options) IF they are the front row of the box, and if that is the lower box, not the upper one. I'm more a nut for being able to see faces than getting a straight on perspective of the show itself from a great distance.

Otherwise look at that picture. Look at the two seats against the wall in the fifth row of the mezzanine and then look at seats in the third from the back row of the mezzanine. You need to decide if the distance will make a difference to you.

Old Sep 28th, 2007, 08:50 AM

I agree - I would prefer the boxes, especially since part of the staging for Jersey Boys is a catwalk (so it would be closer to eye level.) And Jersey Boys is a lot about the acting, so being able to be close and see the faces is great (I sat in the front orchestra in New York for this show, and it took my breath away.)

Also, I always think of the Shubert as tall and skinny - if you're in a high row, you're pretty far away from the stage. (I agree - I love the picture, it's nice to be able too actually see the seats!)
Old Sep 28th, 2007, 11:09 AM
JJ5

Well I got seats way back upstairs and it will be difficult to see but I have a group going on Nov. 7 and was lucky to get the tickets at all.

The last few plays I've been to have been downstairs there. I think Patrick is right about the box sides being better.
Old Sep 28th, 2007, 03:11 PM
Original Poster

Ok, I have no idea how this happened BUT ... when I went into the Ticketmaster website and checked for tickets for January 2nd, TWO tickets for the DRESS CIRCLE appeared!!! Row A DRCR-R Seats 2 to 4 - I could hardly believe my eyes! They definately weren't there for the past few days so I don't know where they came from but needless to say I grabbed them!

... We're off to see Jersey Boys AND we have decent seats ...Yippee!!!!

Thank you all so much for all your help and advice!
Old Sep 28th, 2007, 03:13 PM

That's wonderful news. I love it when that sort of thing happens. What wonderful seats -- I assume!!!!
Old Sep 28th, 2007, 04:59 PM

From my recollection, those are great seats I believe that the Dress Circle overhangs row S of the Orchestra, so you'll have a great view, and with Row A, no one's head will be in your way!

Congrats and enjoy the show.
Old Sep 29th, 2007, 03:54 AM
Original Poster

Excellent! - Glad to get confirmation that they are good seats.

Thanks again for all your help!