Hey South Carolinians!
My boyfriend and I (early 30’s) are planning a 6 month+ road trip of the United States from Washington DC to Washington State and everything in between.
We will be driving through South Carolina in spring and we’re hoping you guys could give us some advice.
We want to experience the true flavor of South Carolina but we are time limited (still trying to figure out time allocations).
Our travel priorities are pretty wide.
We are somewhat foodies (though we hate the term) from fine dining to food trucks, want to be outdoor enthusiasts (new experience for us, get out of that car and hike) and are very much interested in historical attractions and art museums.
We love the National Park system so if one is near by we would like to visit.
Here is what we have so far in no kind of order (Myrtle beach doesn't seem like our cup of tea):
• Beaufort/Low Country
• Congaree National Park (Stay the night in Colombia? Not so sure)
• Ashly river plantations
So what do you think? What am I missing? Are there places around these destinations you can suggest?
Like I said we want to get a real taste but I guess we have to keep in mind that this is a giant USA trip and in the scheme of things (rest of the USA) if you think I can cut something I will but if it’s essential South Carolina… No Way!
Thanks a lot!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Seafood In Cannon Beach
- 2 New York City in January – what a deal!
- 3 Car-less in Atlanta (by Train)
- 4 Sarasota, Florida, good value hotels
- 5 Late night eating in Kauai
- 6 Florida Beach Hotel
- 7 Savannah in st patrick's weekend?
- 8 Phoneix - The City of Sunshine
- 9 Considering a vacation in Texas this year
- 10 Road trip from North Carolina to Maine
- 11 Inn at Cocoa Beach Hotel
- 12 Alaska independent tour for group
- 13 Hamilton Broadway
- 14 Port Angelas -Vegas
- 15 Texas area with nature AND proximity to a city?
- 16 Washington DC with kids
- 17 My road trip through southern US.
- 18 Native and Natural Interests near the Grand Canyon
- 19 Florida Nature Trip
- 20 help from a true New Yorker.
- 21 4 days in wine country. Where should we stay?
- 22 Road trip through southern US states - must-see suggestions?
- 23 8 Days in Yellowstone/GTNP
- 24 Our House Has no Hot Tub - Where to Soak in Crested Butte
- 25 Help! Road Trip from Boulder to Oregon 2/2016
Hey South Carolinians!