Hey South Carolinians!
My boyfriend and I (early 30’s) are planning a 6 month+ road trip of the United States from Washington DC to Washington State and everything in between.
We will be driving through South Carolina in spring and we’re hoping you guys could give us some advice.
We want to experience the true flavor of South Carolina but we are time limited (still trying to figure out time allocations).
Our travel priorities are pretty wide.
We are somewhat foodies (though we hate the term) from fine dining to food trucks, want to be outdoor enthusiasts (new experience for us, get out of that car and hike) and are very much interested in historical attractions and art museums.
We love the National Park system so if one is near by we would like to visit.
Here is what we have so far in no kind of order (Myrtle beach doesn't seem like our cup of tea):
• Beaufort/Low Country
• Congaree National Park (Stay the night in Colombia? Not so sure)
• Ashly river plantations
So what do you think? What am I missing? Are there places around these destinations you can suggest?
Like I said we want to get a real taste but I guess we have to keep in mind that this is a giant USA trip and in the scheme of things (rest of the USA) if you think I can cut something I will but if it’s essential South Carolina… No Way!
Thanks a lot!
Advice on what not to miss in South Carolina!
Hey South Carolinians!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 December 2014 travel. Family w/young adults
- 2 Edison Hotel or Holiday Inn Express manhattan midtown w
- 3 Portland, OR to Crater Lake to Portland- most scenic route
- 4 Winter/Spring Trip Ideas from Ohio
- 5 Long Weekend Travel - Where to?
- 6 Restaurant recommendations for Ft. Lauderdale
- 7 Itinerary suggestions/advice for driving fr PAlto/Sequoia/GC/LV/Palo Alto
- 8 World Cup organisers said
- 9 a small consolation for All
- 10 Fairbanks, denali, kenai peninsula
- 11 Boston suggestions
- 12 Ben Landa
- 13 4 week family trip ideas
- 14 Need a Hampton Restaurant Suggestion
- 15 Looking For Warm Vacation Spot for December in US With 16 Months Old
- 16 Looking for Next Destination
- 17 Tucson area flooding
- 18 Best Sonoma wineries you've never heard of
- 19 Cabo cancelled, so where shall 14 of us go for childless long wknd??
- 20 West Coast Road Trip
- 21 Glacier NP & Yellowstone NP 8 day trip Itinerary
- 22 Albuquerque to Vegas drive and sights
- 23 Driving from Las Vegas to Santa Fe - A few questions.
- 24 Seattle : Airport to Hotel best/economical transportation??
- 25 first time in AZ