Hey South Carolinians!
My boyfriend and I (early 30’s) are planning a 6 month+ road trip of the United States from Washington DC to Washington State and everything in between.
We will be driving through South Carolina in spring and we’re hoping you guys could give us some advice.
We want to experience the true flavor of South Carolina but we are time limited (still trying to figure out time allocations).
Our travel priorities are pretty wide.
We are somewhat foodies (though we hate the term) from fine dining to food trucks, want to be outdoor enthusiasts (new experience for us, get out of that car and hike) and are very much interested in historical attractions and art museums.
We love the National Park system so if one is near by we would like to visit.
Here is what we have so far in no kind of order (Myrtle beach doesn't seem like our cup of tea):
• Beaufort/Low Country
• Congaree National Park (Stay the night in Colombia? Not so sure)
• Ashly river plantations
So what do you think? What am I missing? Are there places around these destinations you can suggest?
Like I said we want to get a real taste but I guess we have to keep in mind that this is a giant USA trip and in the scheme of things (rest of the USA) if you think I can cut something I will but if it’s essential South Carolina… No Way!
Thanks a lot!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 'Merca! My National Parks road trip.
- 2 3 week road trip South Carolina and Georgia
- 3 hiking in RMNP - Clothing Layers in August
- 4 Help with first road trip - southeast us in January?
- 5 A Delectable Brunch At The Presidio in San Francisco
- 6 US Open Tennis
- 7 Boston/New England late Sept. with children
- 8 October 2016 Hawaii trip help please
- 9 Hotels in San Diego
- 10 Hawaii - What 2 Islands? Maui, HI or Honolulu
- 11 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 12 5-7day one way Cruise or 26 glacier day cruise
- 13 Seattle Area Trip Help
- 14 Florida itinerary- your thought please
- 15 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 16 Southampton to JFK drive time and car service
- 17 Go NY Tour bus accident - 15 hurt
- 18 Cape cod, Vermont and Newyork
- 19 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 20 Need help with National Parks trip in 2017
- 21 Rhode Island Beach Vacation?
- 22 Oregon road trip
- 23 Girl's trip to San Francisco
- 24 Dad & 15 year old daughter in NYC
- 25 Monterey peninsula traffic Labor Day weekend.
Hey South Carolinians!