Hey South Carolinians!
My boyfriend and I (early 30’s) are planning a 6 month+ road trip of the United States from Washington DC to Washington State and everything in between.
We will be driving through South Carolina in spring and we’re hoping you guys could give us some advice.
We want to experience the true flavor of South Carolina but we are time limited (still trying to figure out time allocations).
Our travel priorities are pretty wide.
We are somewhat foodies (though we hate the term) from fine dining to food trucks, want to be outdoor enthusiasts (new experience for us, get out of that car and hike) and are very much interested in historical attractions and art museums.
We love the National Park system so if one is near by we would like to visit.
Here is what we have so far in no kind of order (Myrtle beach doesn't seem like our cup of tea):
• Beaufort/Low Country
• Congaree National Park (Stay the night in Colombia? Not so sure)
• Ashly river plantations
So what do you think? What am I missing? Are there places around these destinations you can suggest?
Like I said we want to get a real taste but I guess we have to keep in mind that this is a giant USA trip and in the scheme of things (rest of the USA) if you think I can cut something I will but if it’s essential South Carolina… No Way!
Thanks a lot!
Advice on what not to miss in South Carolina!
Hey South Carolinians!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Two airports to choose from?
- 2 Alexandria, VA Marriott Residence Inn et al
- 3 Road trip itinerary
- 4 Visiting Hemingway Country, Petoskey Area
- 5 Metro or cab from Delancey St to Penn Station?
- 6 San Francisco-Coventry Inn??
- 7 Apartment Rentals DC
- 8 Pizza Recs in the Bronx Area
- 9 Bears and Traps. Our Grand Alaska Sea & Land Tour
- 10 Beaufort, NC or Wilmington, NC?
- 11 Two 64 year old buddies on A week trip
- 12 Narrowing things down for DC and Virginia
- 13 Need help planning trip to Atlanta, Alabama and then New Orleans
- 14 Burlington VT day trip
- 15 SLC and JAC?? - ski advice needed
- 16 East Coast trip including DC, New York and surrounding areas.
- 17 Kauai - a few miscellaneous questions
- 18 Please help with daily details for Utah Park trip next month!
- 19 Finally!!! Santa Fe/ Albuquerque Family Christmas Break 2014
- 20 Hiking, Horses, Having fun: Family Adventure in Yellowstone & Grand Teton
- 21 please advise on my Seattle-Vancouver itinerary
- 22 DC - Choosing a place to stay where the action is!
- 23 Acadia Carriage Rides--Which One To Do?
- 24 Portsmouth, New Hampshire
- 25 YNP, GT and Driggs 10 day trip 8/13-8/22 - great time was had by all!