Hey South Carolinians!
My boyfriend and I (early 30’s) are planning a 6 month+ road trip of the United States from Washington DC to Washington State and everything in between.
We will be driving through South Carolina in spring and we’re hoping you guys could give us some advice.
We want to experience the true flavor of South Carolina but we are time limited (still trying to figure out time allocations).
Our travel priorities are pretty wide.
We are somewhat foodies (though we hate the term) from fine dining to food trucks, want to be outdoor enthusiasts (new experience for us, get out of that car and hike) and are very much interested in historical attractions and art museums.
We love the National Park system so if one is near by we would like to visit.
Here is what we have so far in no kind of order (Myrtle beach doesn't seem like our cup of tea):
• Beaufort/Low Country
• Congaree National Park (Stay the night in Colombia? Not so sure)
• Ashly river plantations
So what do you think? What am I missing? Are there places around these destinations you can suggest?
Like I said we want to get a real taste but I guess we have to keep in mind that this is a giant USA trip and in the scheme of things (rest of the USA) if you think I can cut something I will but if it’s essential South Carolina… No Way!
Thanks a lot!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Washington visit...perhaps relocate
- 2 Tour of Colorado and NM
- 3 How Do You Get Around in North Carolina?
- 4 10 Year Anniversary Dinner in NYC
- 5 Suggestions Buffalo NY
- 6 Mnnpls--what to do, culture and food
- 7 Forbes Island Restaurant Question
- 8 2 weeks in Alaska with kids
- 9 seattle-portland place to stay
- 10 Pacific Northwest Trip - Mother/Daughter
- 11 Florida couples first trip to Maine
- 12 Scenic Drive - Rockland to Moosehead Lake?
- 13 Cape Cod -ideas eats ,activity, ferry to BOS
- 14 Moab Tenting end of Oct?
- 15 Alaska cruise one way and drive?
- 16 Big Bend, McDonald Observatory, San Antonio and Austin in January
- 17 Cape Cod Biking & Lodging
- 18 Amtrak Boston/New York
- 19 San Diego Sunset or La Jolla
- 20 Orlando -Zika
- 21 lobster rumor
- 22 Need advise sightseeing Seattle - Pendleton - Twin Falls - Yellowstone
- 23 Alamo convertible
- 24 Destination and route guidance needed for Oct trip to New England.
- 25 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
Hey South Carolinians!