Hey South Carolinians!
My boyfriend and I (early 30’s) are planning a 6 month+ road trip of the United States from Washington DC to Washington State and everything in between.
We will be driving through South Carolina in spring and we’re hoping you guys could give us some advice.
We want to experience the true flavor of South Carolina but we are time limited (still trying to figure out time allocations).
Our travel priorities are pretty wide.
We are somewhat foodies (though we hate the term) from fine dining to food trucks, want to be outdoor enthusiasts (new experience for us, get out of that car and hike) and are very much interested in historical attractions and art museums.
We love the National Park system so if one is near by we would like to visit.
Here is what we have so far in no kind of order (Myrtle beach doesn't seem like our cup of tea):
• Beaufort/Low Country
• Congaree National Park (Stay the night in Colombia? Not so sure)
• Ashly river plantations
So what do you think? What am I missing? Are there places around these destinations you can suggest?
Like I said we want to get a real taste but I guess we have to keep in mind that this is a giant USA trip and in the scheme of things (rest of the USA) if you think I can cut something I will but if it’s essential South Carolina… No Way!
Thanks a lot!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Boston--Another Art Mission
- 2 We're missing one night's hotel accommodation in Glacier NP
- 3 UPDATED 10 days in Cali: SD to SF
- 4 2 weeks to see Grand Canyons, ending in Las Vegas, where to start?
- 5 Driving from Missoula to Many Glacier Hotel
- 6 NYC- LaGuardia to Rye
- 7 New York: "It's SOOOOOOOO Touristy"
- 8 Carlsbad Caverns
- 9 Where to Stay in San Francisco for one night
- 10 Kauai - wow, just WOW!!!
- 11 Napa Valley Weekend
- 12 Boston, Maine, Nantucket/MV, RI,
- 13 Fun activities in Lubbock with 7 year old?
- 14 Returned from Sedona
- 15 50th Anniversary Trip
- 16 Trip to Colorado in one week, RMNP
- 17 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 18 Trip from Anchorage to Homer, AK
- 19 Vegetarian options in New Orleans
- 20 Mid 20's Honeymoon
- 21 NYC with wheelchair
- 22 Lodging in Bryce or outside ?
- 23 Contemplating moving from Chicago to Nashville
- 24 Itinerary help for 3-night stay in DC?
- 25 Vegas-GC-Page-Bryce-Zion-Vegas
Hey South Carolinians!