Hey South Carolinians!
My boyfriend and I (early 30’s) are planning a 6 month+ road trip of the United States from Washington DC to Washington State and everything in between.
We will be driving through South Carolina in spring and we’re hoping you guys could give us some advice.
We want to experience the true flavor of South Carolina but we are time limited (still trying to figure out time allocations).
Our travel priorities are pretty wide.
We are somewhat foodies (though we hate the term) from fine dining to food trucks, want to be outdoor enthusiasts (new experience for us, get out of that car and hike) and are very much interested in historical attractions and art museums.
We love the National Park system so if one is near by we would like to visit.
Here is what we have so far in no kind of order (Myrtle beach doesn't seem like our cup of tea):
• Beaufort/Low Country
• Congaree National Park (Stay the night in Colombia? Not so sure)
• Ashly river plantations
So what do you think? What am I missing? Are there places around these destinations you can suggest?
Like I said we want to get a real taste but I guess we have to keep in mind that this is a giant USA trip and in the scheme of things (rest of the USA) if you think I can cut something I will but if it’s essential South Carolina… No Way!
Thanks a lot!
Advice on what not to miss in South Carolina!
Hey South Carolinians!
- 1 San Francisco - one semi-splurge restaurant?
- 2 Albuquerque to Denver
- 3 Seattle restaurant near Pikes Market
- 4 San Fran, Napa, Palo Alto, Carmel advice
- 5 WHERE TO STAY FOR PROPOSAL WEEKEND IN FREDRICKSBURG
- 6 Omni Hotel, San Francisco - Did I make a good choice
- 7 Zion vs Bryce - How many days each?
- 8 Using public transit in San Diego
- 9 What to do with extra day in Virginia?
- 10 Williamsburg VA
- 11 Finally, seeing the Outer Banks
- 12 A Visit to Charleston
- 13 Restos in Boca Raton
- 14 Rocks and Roads in Utah
- 15 Just saw the Book of Mormon in Chicago ! Can we talk about it
- 16 Yosemite Falls Lodge in the park or Cedar Lodge w/ budget constraints
- 17 What to see/do from north Texas area to SD (Mt. Rushmore area)
- 18 Southern Utah and GC Trip Cont.- Itinerary Help
- 19 Memorial day weekend drivable getaway from Jersey City, NJ
- 20 NYC Newbie Needs Advice Re JFK Transportation
- 21 Boston, my 2 hour food shopping spree to satiate my man's needs
- 22 Question about Northeast Wisconsin along the lake
- 23 Help with NYC transit
- 24 How far ahead to book Alcatraz?
- 25 Boston Area College Tour