Hey South Carolinians!
My boyfriend and I (early 30’s) are planning a 6 month+ road trip of the United States from Washington DC to Washington State and everything in between.
We will be driving through South Carolina in spring and we’re hoping you guys could give us some advice.
We want to experience the true flavor of South Carolina but we are time limited (still trying to figure out time allocations).
Our travel priorities are pretty wide.
We are somewhat foodies (though we hate the term) from fine dining to food trucks, want to be outdoor enthusiasts (new experience for us, get out of that car and hike) and are very much interested in historical attractions and art museums.
We love the National Park system so if one is near by we would like to visit.
Here is what we have so far in no kind of order (Myrtle beach doesn't seem like our cup of tea):
• Beaufort/Low Country
• Congaree National Park (Stay the night in Colombia? Not so sure)
• Ashly river plantations
So what do you think? What am I missing? Are there places around these destinations you can suggest?
Like I said we want to get a real taste but I guess we have to keep in mind that this is a giant USA trip and in the scheme of things (rest of the USA) if you think I can cut something I will but if it’s essential South Carolina… No Way!
Thanks a lot!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Budget hotel San Francisco
- 2 OUR MANHATTAN ADVENTURE 2015
- 3 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 4 Best place for first night; Beach?
- 5 San Francisco and Napa
- 6 Utah: Southern Parks Itinerary Help
- 7 Will be in Palm Springs CA November 14-29, 2015
- 8 Seattle to Los Angeles Dec 2015
- 9 Welltravbrit's Ongoing NYC Jaunt
- 10 Philadelphia PA: Safe Place/Watched Lot to Leave Car Near NYC Bus Depot
- 11 Bagging a bargain on Black Friday?
- 12 Dry Tortugas, Ferry or SeaPlane
- 13 Vegas-Arizona-Utah road Trip
- 14 Miami to West Palm Beach tomorrow!
- 15 Modern, clean Miami Airport hotel ???
- 16 Relocating to the Deep South
- 17 Traveling to bend ore via hwy 5 fron SF in early January
- 18 2.5 days in New York. Are hotels the only option?
- 19 Security at Lucas Oil Stadium for Big Ten Championship
- 20 Costco Chicken Salad Recalled
- 21 Broadway Banter revived, Spring 2015!
- 22 south west family trip itinerary
- 23 Oahu November 2015 Trip Report
- 24 Report & Photos: Behind the Scenes at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!
- 25 California road trip - oneway or round trip
Hey South Carolinians!