Hey South Carolinians!
My boyfriend and I (early 30’s) are planning a 6 month+ road trip of the United States from Washington DC to Washington State and everything in between.
We will be driving through South Carolina in spring and we’re hoping you guys could give us some advice.
We want to experience the true flavor of South Carolina but we are time limited (still trying to figure out time allocations).
Our travel priorities are pretty wide.
We are somewhat foodies (though we hate the term) from fine dining to food trucks, want to be outdoor enthusiasts (new experience for us, get out of that car and hike) and are very much interested in historical attractions and art museums.
We love the National Park system so if one is near by we would like to visit.
Here is what we have so far in no kind of order (Myrtle beach doesn't seem like our cup of tea):
• Beaufort/Low Country
• Congaree National Park (Stay the night in Colombia? Not so sure)
• Ashly river plantations
So what do you think? What am I missing? Are there places around these destinations you can suggest?
Like I said we want to get a real taste but I guess we have to keep in mind that this is a giant USA trip and in the scheme of things (rest of the USA) if you think I can cut something I will but if it’s essential South Carolina… No Way!
Thanks a lot!
Advice on what not to miss in South Carolina!
Hey South Carolinians!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 California & French Polynesia
- 2 Carmel (and Monterey) weekend with a 4 year old
- 3 Boston Uber shenanigans? Fake airport fees
- 4 General Utah planning questions
- 5 Protecting yourself when using VRBO
- 6 Which hotel - Washington Hilton OR Cambria Suites
- 7 4 week family trip ideas
- 8 Vegetarian Friendly BBQ - Fort Worth or San Antonio?
- 9 Boston area -- nature
- 10 Hotel advice needed near Palo Alto
- 11 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 12 Naples-where to stay on the beach
- 13 A Week in Naples Florida--Much Ado About Food (and Wine)
- 14 Hotel - Caesars Palace OR Signature @ MGM
- 15 Chicago- The Godfrey hotel or the Hotel Burnham????
- 16 where in 'Charleston' would you winter?
- 17 Metro or cab from Delancey St to Penn Station?
- 18 SFO black friday traffic
- 19 Tennessee Alabama Louisiana
- 20 best place for New Year's in the South?
- 21 ideas for roadtrip through Utah, Idaho, Wyoming and Colorado
- 22 Escape cold in mid-Feb (4) nights from Michigan
- 23 Dining in Manhattan
- 24 need two stop-overs from LA to Santa Fe, NM
- 25 American Honeymoon in March