Hey South Carolinians!
My boyfriend and I (early 30’s) are planning a 6 month+ road trip of the United States from Washington DC to Washington State and everything in between.
We will be driving through South Carolina in spring and we’re hoping you guys could give us some advice.
We want to experience the true flavor of South Carolina but we are time limited (still trying to figure out time allocations).
Our travel priorities are pretty wide.
We are somewhat foodies (though we hate the term) from fine dining to food trucks, want to be outdoor enthusiasts (new experience for us, get out of that car and hike) and are very much interested in historical attractions and art museums.
We love the National Park system so if one is near by we would like to visit.
Here is what we have so far in no kind of order (Myrtle beach doesn't seem like our cup of tea):
• Beaufort/Low Country
• Congaree National Park (Stay the night in Colombia? Not so sure)
• Ashly river plantations
So what do you think? What am I missing? Are there places around these destinations you can suggest?
Like I said we want to get a real taste but I guess we have to keep in mind that this is a giant USA trip and in the scheme of things (rest of the USA) if you think I can cut something I will but if it’s essential South Carolina… No Way!
Thanks a lot!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 办理文凭学位理南加州大学USC毕业证成绩单Q微信（875093404）学历认证Southern California
- 2 Areas to Stay in Boston
- 3 Vermont/New Hampshire
- 4 To Schenectady to Trains to Spanish Immersion Course in Mexico
- 5 Carmel for 5 nights with baby
- 6 Arriving EWR- which flight should I choose based on traffic to Manhattan
- 7 South Carolina
- 8 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 9 Berkshires-AARP Central
- 10 5 nights/6 days in Honolulu during Thanksgiving
- 11 Driving trip Chicago to San Francisco
- 12 Charleston/Savannah help needed
- 13 12-hour layover, is it possible to go to lunch with a relative?
- 14 first time new yorker with a baby, need help on newark to a broadway hotel
- 15 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 16 I-70 to Leadville, CO - 91 or 24
- 17 trip to Acadia National Park
- 18 San Francisco - need restaurant & tourist tips
- 19 Spring Break/Master's Tickets 2016
- 20 help with visit to Kennedy Space Center, Fl
- 21 Need help planning Arizona & California Desert trip in March
- 22 Boston Santa Speedo Run?
- 23 Help with New England Itinerary
- 24 Day in Martha's Vineyard question
- 25 MANN FAMILY FARM- BOLINAS CA: Do You Know This Area?
Hey South Carolinians!