Hey South Carolinians!
My boyfriend and I (early 30’s) are planning a 6 month+ road trip of the United States from Washington DC to Washington State and everything in between.
We will be driving through South Carolina in spring and we’re hoping you guys could give us some advice.
We want to experience the true flavor of South Carolina but we are time limited (still trying to figure out time allocations).
Our travel priorities are pretty wide.
We are somewhat foodies (though we hate the term) from fine dining to food trucks, want to be outdoor enthusiasts (new experience for us, get out of that car and hike) and are very much interested in historical attractions and art museums.
We love the National Park system so if one is near by we would like to visit.
Here is what we have so far in no kind of order (Myrtle beach doesn't seem like our cup of tea):
• Beaufort/Low Country
• Congaree National Park (Stay the night in Colombia? Not so sure)
• Ashly river plantations
So what do you think? What am I missing? Are there places around these destinations you can suggest?
Like I said we want to get a real taste but I guess we have to keep in mind that this is a giant USA trip and in the scheme of things (rest of the USA) if you think I can cut something I will but if it’s essential South Carolina… No Way!
Thanks a lot!
Advice on what not to miss in South Carolina!
Hey South Carolinians!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 car rental from denver airport and shuttle question
- 2 Driving Moab to Bryce Canyon
- 3 Drive Seattle to Las Vegas
- 4 Road Trip SW
- 5 Denver, Colorado, local's advice: Bistrot Vendome or other?
- 6 Convenient Accommodation suggestions
- 7 Vacation with 1 year old - ideas?
- 8 Yellowstone/Badlands trip, family of five, revised itinerary, June 2015
- 9 San Diego Lodging help needed
- 10 yk & family 4-day trip to Portland, Maine; July 2014
- 11 moving to florida
- 12 New Englandly: a Bit of Time in Massachusetts and Maine
- 13 Ideas for 1st time trip to LA/Santa Monica/Hollywood with 16 yr old
- 14 Trip Report - Jersey Shore, Cherry Hill, Philly, back to the roots...
- 15 Carlsbad/San Diego Ideas
- 16 Road Trip Help--- Philly to Sunset, SC (Virginia portion)
- 17 Alaska Local Knowledge Request
- 18 A few SF recommendations/itinerary review
- 19 Cape Cod trip report
- 20 Detroit area getaway - outside of the city
- 21 What a great weekend in Cooperstown (July 24-27)
- 22 Alaska Trip Report—10 days by car in July
- 23 Seafood
- 24 2 weeks in Alaska
- 25 San Diego farmer's markets