Hey South Carolinians!
My boyfriend and I (early 30’s) are planning a 6 month+ road trip of the United States from Washington DC to Washington State and everything in between.
We will be driving through South Carolina in spring and we’re hoping you guys could give us some advice.
We want to experience the true flavor of South Carolina but we are time limited (still trying to figure out time allocations).
Our travel priorities are pretty wide.
We are somewhat foodies (though we hate the term) from fine dining to food trucks, want to be outdoor enthusiasts (new experience for us, get out of that car and hike) and are very much interested in historical attractions and art museums.
We love the National Park system so if one is near by we would like to visit.
Here is what we have so far in no kind of order (Myrtle beach doesn't seem like our cup of tea):
• Beaufort/Low Country
• Congaree National Park (Stay the night in Colombia? Not so sure)
• Ashly river plantations
So what do you think? What am I missing? Are there places around these destinations you can suggest?
Like I said we want to get a real taste but I guess we have to keep in mind that this is a giant USA trip and in the scheme of things (rest of the USA) if you think I can cut something I will but if it’s essential South Carolina… No Way!
Thanks a lot!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 3 week road trip South Carolina and Georgia
- 2 Last minute trip to Boston w/ kids and car
- 3 Glacier National Park in September
- 4 World's Longest Yard Sale - don't go!
- 5 Rocky Mountaineer added to Cruise
- 6 San Francisco through Colorado Rockies
- 7 trip to Charlettesville VA
- 8 Suggestion on agenda for SF to Seattle
- 9 Recommendation: Beachfront in VA or MD walking distance to quaint downtown
- 10 New Software
- 11 How many days for Martha's Vineyard? And Cape Cod in general
- 12 Yellowstone and Tetons in July 2016
- 13 Attending a wedding on Nantucket !
- 14 Road trip: Boston to Salt Lake City
- 15 Los Angeles Indefinitely
- 16 Rough (very) initial USA itinerary
- 17 Helpp JKF to lyndhurst NJ
- 18 Want to relocate out of Houston and maybe Texas. To NC or TN
- 19 Trip Report 2012 : 11 wonderful days in Alaska
- 20 Visiting Oregon - Portland to Crater Lake
- 21 Thinking of moving FROM Pittsburgh TO Seattle
- 22 Aussie family heading to the US for the first time
- 23 Lake Tahoe hotel with a lake view
- 24 September trip Portland/Seattle
- 25 Help Planning Zion/Bryce Itinerary
Hey South Carolinians!