Hey South Carolinians!
My boyfriend and I (early 30’s) are planning a 6 month+ road trip of the United States from Washington DC to Washington State and everything in between.
We will be driving through South Carolina in spring and we’re hoping you guys could give us some advice.
We want to experience the true flavor of South Carolina but we are time limited (still trying to figure out time allocations).
Our travel priorities are pretty wide.
We are somewhat foodies (though we hate the term) from fine dining to food trucks, want to be outdoor enthusiasts (new experience for us, get out of that car and hike) and are very much interested in historical attractions and art museums.
We love the National Park system so if one is near by we would like to visit.
Here is what we have so far in no kind of order (Myrtle beach doesn't seem like our cup of tea):
• Beaufort/Low Country
• Congaree National Park (Stay the night in Colombia? Not so sure)
• Ashly river plantations
So what do you think? What am I missing? Are there places around these destinations you can suggest?
Like I said we want to get a real taste but I guess we have to keep in mind that this is a giant USA trip and in the scheme of things (rest of the USA) if you think I can cut something I will but if it’s essential South Carolina… No Way!
Thanks a lot!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Lodging in Bryce or outside ?
- 2 Colorado Springs to Durango 9 days
- 3 Restaurant recomendations in the east 54th Street area, please.
- 4 NYC to Florida drive....seeking advice on stops in Va, NC, SC
- 5 How to spend 4 days ending in Boston?
- 6 Fly out of LA 10pm, what to do that day?
- 7 A Drive Through the Poconos
- 8 Car Rental in Sedona
- 9 Las Vegas show
- 10 Driving to St. Paul Minnesota from New York City
- 11 Lake Powell
- 12 Kauai North Shore Condos- Sealodge
- 13 Retirement Bucket List Trip: Santa Fe, Colorado Springs, Denver
- 14 Yellowstone weather in late May
- 15 PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE YOU BOOK WITH Buena Vista Vacation Management
- 16 Train, Boston to NYC, questions
- 17 Having second thoughts regarding time allocation in NPs
- 18 Moab, Grand Canyon, Denver
- 19 Southwest US
- 20 Does this itinerary sound reasonable? (north of SF)
- 21 Baby Boomer Road Trip
- 22 Glacier to Banff
- 23 Portland OR - Uber Question
- 24 Great Brunch in Tampa??
- 25 A southwest trip to Arizona, and Utah
Hey South Carolinians!