Hey South Carolinians!
My boyfriend and I (early 30’s) are planning a 6 month+ road trip of the United States from Washington DC to Washington State and everything in between.
We will be driving through South Carolina in spring and we’re hoping you guys could give us some advice.
We want to experience the true flavor of South Carolina but we are time limited (still trying to figure out time allocations).
Our travel priorities are pretty wide.
We are somewhat foodies (though we hate the term) from fine dining to food trucks, want to be outdoor enthusiasts (new experience for us, get out of that car and hike) and are very much interested in historical attractions and art museums.
We love the National Park system so if one is near by we would like to visit.
Here is what we have so far in no kind of order (Myrtle beach doesn't seem like our cup of tea):
• Beaufort/Low Country
• Congaree National Park (Stay the night in Colombia? Not so sure)
• Ashly river plantations
So what do you think? What am I missing? Are there places around these destinations you can suggest?
Like I said we want to get a real taste but I guess we have to keep in mind that this is a giant USA trip and in the scheme of things (rest of the USA) if you think I can cut something I will but if it’s essential South Carolina… No Way!
Thanks a lot!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 November redwoods trip
- 2 Summer mountains and lakes with kids
- 3 Yellowstone
- 4 Montana dude ranch recommendation
- 5 Destination and route guidance needed for Oct trip to New England.
- 6 10 Year Anniversary Dinner in NYC
- 7 Towing a camper trailer during January
- 8 Any off site car rental agencies around JFK?
- 9 costco Big island
- 10 My Avis/kona rental experience
- 11 Napili in Maui with toddlers?
- 12 Which island for R&R?
- 13 VRBO is now charging renters a service fee--What's up?
- 14 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 15 Olympic NP w/toddler
- 16 Great trip to Portsmouth, NH and Portland, ME
- 17 Scenic road trip northeast Pennsylvania to Charlotte
- 18 Your Favorite Restaurant in Annapolis
- 19 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 20 20th Anniversary NYC Fringe Festival
- 21 Pls help keep dolphins happy & healthy
- 22 Road Trip/Excursions for a weekend outside of Denver
- 23 1.5 Days in Boston with 3 little ones
- 24 EWR to Staten Island 9:50PM
- 25 NYC Airport transport (well, Newark)
Hey South Carolinians!