Hey South Carolinians!
My boyfriend and I (early 30’s) are planning a 6 month+ road trip of the United States from Washington DC to Washington State and everything in between.
We will be driving through South Carolina in spring and we’re hoping you guys could give us some advice.
We want to experience the true flavor of South Carolina but we are time limited (still trying to figure out time allocations).
Our travel priorities are pretty wide.
We are somewhat foodies (though we hate the term) from fine dining to food trucks, want to be outdoor enthusiasts (new experience for us, get out of that car and hike) and are very much interested in historical attractions and art museums.
We love the National Park system so if one is near by we would like to visit.
Here is what we have so far in no kind of order (Myrtle beach doesn't seem like our cup of tea):
• Beaufort/Low Country
• Congaree National Park (Stay the night in Colombia? Not so sure)
• Ashly river plantations
So what do you think? What am I missing? Are there places around these destinations you can suggest?
Like I said we want to get a real taste but I guess we have to keep in mind that this is a giant USA trip and in the scheme of things (rest of the USA) if you think I can cut something I will but if it’s essential South Carolina… No Way!
Thanks a lot!
Advice on what not to miss in South Carolina!
Hey South Carolinians!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Fall trip, best location to stay in Vermont. Need help please.
- 2 Driving to Daytona Beach from New Jersey
- 3 One Way Car Rentals- LAS to SFO- without drop off charges-What to check-
- 4 New Hawaii countdown for 2014-15
- 5 California (San Francisco, Napa,Carmel/Monterey,Santa Barbara,San Diego)
- 6 Seeking advice for Glacier National Park
- 7 Ideas for a family on a roadtrip around Denver and Utah
- 8 Clearwater FL area
- 9 Los Angeles day trips
- 10 Rapid City to Yellowstone Route
- 11 Business in San diego and then a weeks vacation?
- 12 trip advice from TN to TX
- 13 san diego or nearby area
- 14 middlebury vt snow
- 15 NY to Asheville then country place to stay
- 16 Charlotte NC Lodging & Driving Question
- 17 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 18 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 19 Caklifornia & Oregon
- 20 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 21 Kauai - day trips to North shore and Waimea Canyon/Kokee State Park
- 22 Route 50 between Virginia and Missouri--Scenic?
- 23 San Fran to Yosemite one night stay
- 24 Drive down the West Coast 2015
- 25 What is the weather like in Kona in November?