Hey South Carolinians!
My boyfriend and I (early 30’s) are planning a 6 month+ road trip of the United States from Washington DC to Washington State and everything in between.
We will be driving through South Carolina in spring and we’re hoping you guys could give us some advice.
We want to experience the true flavor of South Carolina but we are time limited (still trying to figure out time allocations).
Our travel priorities are pretty wide.
We are somewhat foodies (though we hate the term) from fine dining to food trucks, want to be outdoor enthusiasts (new experience for us, get out of that car and hike) and are very much interested in historical attractions and art museums.
We love the National Park system so if one is near by we would like to visit.
Here is what we have so far in no kind of order (Myrtle beach doesn't seem like our cup of tea):
• Beaufort/Low Country
• Congaree National Park (Stay the night in Colombia? Not so sure)
• Ashly river plantations
So what do you think? What am I missing? Are there places around these destinations you can suggest?
Like I said we want to get a real taste but I guess we have to keep in mind that this is a giant USA trip and in the scheme of things (rest of the USA) if you think I can cut something I will but if it’s essential South Carolina… No Way!
Thanks a lot!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Impeccable Yahoo Customer Support 1800–570–1233 Service
- 2 2-day romantic couple getaway in CO mountains?
- 3 New Itinerary
- 4 Las vegas and nearby
- 5 Cape Cod trip report
- 6 Itin help - West / Grand Canyon
- 7 Napa & Sonoma - Winery Suggestions
- 8 Need input on the following itinerary for Mid Coast Maine
- 9 Week of July 4th in Hamptons. First-timer, bday dinner...
- 10 Best Vegas hotel with 12 & 15 year olds
- 11 Key West Hidden Gem Hotels?
- 12 SF-Yosemite-Monterey-SF
- 13 Thoughts on these 3 spots for Estes Park lodging?
- 14 Where to take mom for 70th birthday?
- 15 Road trip from Asheville to western United States!
- 16 Sad News for Maine Lobster Lovers
- 17 Ashville, NC; where to stay?
- 18 Restaurant Recs in Boston
- 19 Help with Denver - Moab - Denver Trip Itinerary Suggestions
- 20 San Francisco Hotel With Car
- 21 Washington - what should we see between Seattle and Cashmere?
- 22 Quaint towns in Sonoma County
- 23 Orlando area weather in June
- 24 Hilton Waikoloa Village - Yay or Nay?
- 25 Help with Northwest Trip
Hey South Carolinians!