I will be travelling to the USA as part of an extended 21st birthday overseas trip type thing. I only have about a month (August) to spend in the US. If i had to pick two cities I am most interested in seeing they are New Orleans and New York City. A month is the most time I can spend in the US although reducing the number of days without diminishing the trip would be great if there are any suggestion also to as how I may want to rearrange the number of days I will be staying in places (Except Vegas, I only want to spend two days Im a croupier and I have no real interested in extended gambling I just want to have a look and say I've been). Heres my suggested ultra basic itinerary:
Las Vegas – 2 Days
San Francisco – 3 Days
Los Angeles – 3 Days
New Orleans – 6 Days
Washington D.C – 3 Days
Philadelphia – 3 Days
Boston – 3 Days
New York City – 7 Days
Is it possible to budget $100 AUD a day on accommodation and still stay in reasonably decent places? and is $100 or less enough spending money?
A month in the USA - Suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 LA for a day and a half
- 2 Hotels Philly
- 3 More than one hotel at Disney World?
- 4 New Orleans: Is 2 hours enough time to enjoy brunch at Commander's Palace?
- 5 Northwest USA
- 6 A Napa Valley Reprise: Mom turns the big 5-0!
- 7 ski trip: utah or colorado
- 8 Help with Moab itinerary for an overacheiver
- 9 What is the weather like in Kona in November?
- 10 Texas
- 11 Photos from Texas Christmas Road Trip
- 12 Charleston, SC Hotels
- 13 Ackislander
- 14 Road trip to the Deep South revisited......itinerary for your perusal
- 15 Charlotte NC Lodging & Driving Question
- 16 Thanksgiving in Lake Placid / Adirondacks
- 17 Hawaii: Multi-generational family vacation
- 18 Omni Orlando Resort Champions Gate
- 19 Miami with a 2 yr old -- any activities?
- 20 First Trip to Nashville, TN - tips, suggestions
- 21 Moving to CT
- 22 Mother/Daughter Trip to NYC
- 23 First Trip to California with Family of 6
- 24 New York City- Henri Matisse Cutouts at MOMA
- 25 January Jaunt to the Southernmost City ~ Long with Pics!