I will be travelling to the USA as part of an extended 21st birthday overseas trip type thing. I only have about a month (August) to spend in the US. If i had to pick two cities I am most interested in seeing they are New Orleans and New York City. A month is the most time I can spend in the US although reducing the number of days without diminishing the trip would be great if there are any suggestion also to as how I may want to rearrange the number of days I will be staying in places (Except Vegas, I only want to spend two days Im a croupier and I have no real interested in extended gambling I just want to have a look and say I've been). Heres my suggested ultra basic itinerary:
Las Vegas – 2 Days
San Francisco – 3 Days
Los Angeles – 3 Days
New Orleans – 6 Days
Washington D.C – 3 Days
Philadelphia – 3 Days
Boston – 3 Days
New York City – 7 Days
Is it possible to budget $100 AUD a day on accommodation and still stay in reasonably decent places? and is $100 or less enough spending money?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Where to stay in NYC
- 2 Road Trippin' in Texas
- 3 Need help planning Arizona & California Desert trip in March
- 4 DC/MD/VA GTG in the Fall, Lunch on Oct. 3
- 5 Tour of Fed bank NYC
- 6 Rome/Florence
- 7 A week in NYC - first timers
- 8 Hawaii Trip in May
- 9 New Orleans for Thanksgiving
- 10 Family vacation itinerary pointers
- 11 Proposal in Siesta Key, FL
- 12 Help me with Sonoma Desert….
- 13 Colorado - Photography
- 14 Georgia to Fairbanks
- 15 Epicurean Tour in Portland
- 16 Suggestion on my first visit to Grand Canyon
- 17 Oahu Trip Report (Aulani, North Shore, Manoa Valley, Hanauma Bay)
- 18 NYC: (Mostly) Solo, and (Mostly) No Top Tens!
- 19 Best Scenic Islands in Washington State
- 20 Fall trip, is it a good time?
- 21 Driving from OKC, OK to Seattle, WA in the dead of winter..
- 22 Tucson in February
- 23 Cannon Beach or Manzanita
- 24 NYC Suggestions - Six Week Trip…?
- 25 Sanibel-Captiva adult getaway