I will be travelling to the USA as part of an extended 21st birthday overseas trip type thing. I only have about a month (August) to spend in the US. If i had to pick two cities I am most interested in seeing they are New Orleans and New York City. A month is the most time I can spend in the US although reducing the number of days without diminishing the trip would be great if there are any suggestion also to as how I may want to rearrange the number of days I will be staying in places (Except Vegas, I only want to spend two days Im a croupier and I have no real interested in extended gambling I just want to have a look and say I've been). Heres my suggested ultra basic itinerary:
Las Vegas – 2 Days
San Francisco – 3 Days
Los Angeles – 3 Days
New Orleans – 6 Days
Washington D.C – 3 Days
Philadelphia – 3 Days
Boston – 3 Days
New York City – 7 Days
Is it possible to budget $100 AUD a day on accommodation and still stay in reasonably decent places? and is $100 or less enough spending money?
A month in the USA - Suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 2 Alaska trip -Labor Day weekend
- 3 Three Days In Portland, Maine
- 4 LUNCH IN ORLANDO, FL
- 5 LA, San Diego and San Francisco in 8 days -- can/should we try?
- 6 Flights from Bay Area to Orlando, Florida
- 7 ONP-San Juan Islds or Victoria-Seattle - what's best itinerary for 8 days?
- 8 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 9 Boston Logan airport to Salem MA
- 10 Vail or Aspen in summertime?
- 11 Berkshires in late October
- 12 Seeking thoughtful advice on Yellowstone/Tetons trip!
- 13 Seattle: Something Different?
- 14 California road trip
- 15 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 16 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 17 ONP help
- 18 December Break Need Recommendations for Southern Travel
- 19 Savanah Sojourn
- 20 Hwy 54 instead of I-40 from Tucumcari to Wichita good or bad idea?
- 21 The Driftless Area: An underappreciated region of the Upper Midwest
- 22 Trip Report - Dinosaur National Monument- UT/CO
- 23 Mountain hiking in the US for kids - Fall/Spring . . .
- 24 Poss. Itinerary for Aug. Portland to San Fran family vacay - TIPS PLEASE
- 25 Wisconsin - Dells and Madison