I will be travelling to the USA as part of an extended 21st birthday overseas trip type thing. I only have about a month (August) to spend in the US. If i had to pick two cities I am most interested in seeing they are New Orleans and New York City. A month is the most time I can spend in the US although reducing the number of days without diminishing the trip would be great if there are any suggestion also to as how I may want to rearrange the number of days I will be staying in places (Except Vegas, I only want to spend two days Im a croupier and I have no real interested in extended gambling I just want to have a look and say I've been). Heres my suggested ultra basic itinerary:
Las Vegas – 2 Days
San Francisco – 3 Days
Los Angeles – 3 Days
New Orleans – 6 Days
Washington D.C – 3 Days
Philadelphia – 3 Days
Boston – 3 Days
New York City – 7 Days
Is it possible to budget $100 AUD a day on accommodation and still stay in reasonably decent places? and is $100 or less enough spending money?
A month in the USA - Suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Relocating Tips - Mild Weather, Good Schools, Low Cost of Living
- 2 Day trip to CT from NYC
- 3 Atascadero -> Pacific Grove -> San Francisco
- 4 An RV trip along the coast
- 5 Yellowstone 3 day itinerary advice
- 6 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 7 Los Angeles itinerary for August trip
- 8 Trip Report: New York City July 25-27, 2014
- 9 Place to Grab a Bite to Eat near Wilmington train station?
- 10 Help w/ River Cruise Company-OH to Mississippi-end@New Orleans-Fall 2014
- 11 Fancy dining
- 12 Fear of driving in San Francisco/USA
- 13 Charlotte restaurant help
- 14 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 15 Historic Houses & Sites near Charleston & Savannah.
- 16 Kauai -- Music Lovers!!!
- 17 Need help with 2 days in Yellowstone with West Yellowstone Lodging
- 18 3 weeks covering SF, Monterey, Lake Isabella, Las Vegas and LA (Disney)
- 19 In just five days: Grand Teton and Yellowstone NPs
- 20 Road Trip SW
- 21 Seattle-Tacoma Airport to downtown Seattle
- 22 culpepper
- 23 Help on which island(s) for Scuba Divers
- 24 Upscale Mexican restaurant in downtown Denver
- 25 Amtrak Train from California to Oregon or Washington