I will be travelling to the USA as part of an extended 21st birthday overseas trip type thing. I only have about a month (August) to spend in the US. If i had to pick two cities I am most interested in seeing they are New Orleans and New York City. A month is the most time I can spend in the US although reducing the number of days without diminishing the trip would be great if there are any suggestion also to as how I may want to rearrange the number of days I will be staying in places (Except Vegas, I only want to spend two days Im a croupier and I have no real interested in extended gambling I just want to have a look and say I've been). Heres my suggested ultra basic itinerary:
Las Vegas – 2 Days
San Francisco – 3 Days
Los Angeles – 3 Days
New Orleans – 6 Days
Washington D.C – 3 Days
Philadelphia – 3 Days
Boston – 3 Days
New York City – 7 Days
Is it possible to budget $100 AUD a day on accommodation and still stay in reasonably decent places? and is $100 or less enough spending money?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Taft law-enforcement admiral told reporters
- 2 Trip Report - San Francisco advise for 1st timers like us!!
- 3 Does the "Real USA" (still) exist?
- 4 A Week in New York City
- 5 Santa Cruz downtown to San Jose Airport via public transit
- 6 Yosemite Visit
- 7 Driving from New York to Atlanta,Ga
- 8 Los Angeles 4 nghts/5days
- 9 The Big Island, Kauai, and Maui: A Songdoc Trip Report
- 10 Best route to Cody?
- 11 Cody, Wyoming rodeo
- 12 Help finalize my Colorado activities & lodging
- 13 New York overnight - dinner & after choices
- 14 Florida Family vacation in California
- 15 New York City Christmas 2015
- 16 Family trip to San Diego. Itinerary help!
- 17 NYC itinerary 5 days
- 18 50th in Hawaii
- 19 Philadelphia to Sunset, SC via I81 and others
- 20 6 days in Boston - review itinerary & other recs needed
- 21 Seattle to Portland- ideas for places to stay?
- 22 Looking for suggestions for Washington state weekend getaways
- 23 Miami Transportation Mid-Beach to South Beach
- 24 Our Badlands, Black Hills, Yellowstone Adventure, June 2015
- 25 Hilton Head restaurants