We will be in Portland for our son's wedding July 2011, Never been to Maine. Wedding is Saturday, we fly back out of Boston the following Saturday. We want to tour the coast, with a couple days in Acadia National Park. Can anyone suggest a nice itinerary for folks from Coastal California? We would like to stay a couple days in each area, so we are not in the car the entire time. Like to hike, bicycle, hubby fishes, maybe squeeze in some golf one day. We thought it would be fun to stay in cottages to get a real taste of a Maine vacation.Thanks for any suggestions. Maine looks unbelievably beautiful.
5 day coastal itinerary Maine in July
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Rafting near Denali
- 2 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 3 What to see/do in Baltimore without a car?
- 4 Alaska- cruise or land? and most scenic areas?
- 5 Should we stop for a Saturday night in Baltimore?
- 6 Travel West Coast
- 7 Where to go in Maine?
- 8 Spring Break in California: San Francisco, Yosemite and up the coast
- 9 Little Bighorn Battlefield & Yellowstone
- 10 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 11 traveling Amtrak cross country
- 12 AirBnB is illegal in San Francisco,
- 13 Hotel recommendation for San Francisco
- 14 recommended cheaper hotels around thanksgiving
- 15 Colorado in the summer!
- 16 Kennebunkport and....?
- 17 Cute towns in VIrginia for boutique shopping and restaurants
- 18 Never been on the Ell in Chicago
- 19 2 weeks in FL, Savannah and Charleston
- 20 WISCONSIN
- 21 Jersey City Parking
- 22 Best Glacier viewing (by boat) from Seward or Whittier
- 23 An overnight stay in NYC to see 2 shows
- 24 Sampling Ethnic Las Vegas trip report
- 25 My Boston weekend...killing time near MGH