DH and I are in our 60's and will be making a 30 day road trip from Texas to several eastern states in March 2014. We will have 9 days for leisure, Mar 17-26. We have requested WDC tours thru our congressman but don't know which days those will be. In reading WDC trip reports I read where it wasn't that far from WDC to NYC and Philly. I'm looking for suggestions on how to come up with a plan. I saw several hotel recommendations for DC and Philly. What about NYC? We are budget conscious travelers, and will be driving a suburban size vehicle. We don't mind some walking, but the weather may be cold and windy. Your thoughts? Suggestions? Thanks in advance!
30 day March trip with several days in WDC-NYC-Philly?
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 NEW YORK CITY!!!
- 2 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 3 Heading to Maine in September - Where are the moose?
- 4 Need help with Yellowstone and area starting in SLC
- 5 Alaska trip -Labor Day weekend
- 6 Mesa Verde
- 7 Hiking Arches or Canyonlands National Park in fall?
- 8 LA via Death Valley, Grand Canyon to Vegas
- 9 Is Fox Rent A Car any good?
- 10 A tour of an Amish Community near Midland MI
- 11 Vail or Aspen in summertime?
- 12 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 13 Amtrak Train from California to Oregon or Washington
- 14 LUNCH IN ORLANDO, FL
- 15 Another Southwest Airlines Early Bird Question
- 16 December Break Need Recommendations for Southern Travel
- 17 Big Island Fans - will we like Maui?
- 18 Bath County, VA - anyone ever been?
- 19 ONP help
- 20 NYC Clubs for live music
- 21 Trip to the Adirondacks
- 22 No accomodation in Hana...should we forget about it?
- 23 Beachfront house rental - Fort Walton Beach/ Destin area
- 24 Seattle Hyatts
- 25 Detroit area getaway - outside of the city