We once spent two nights in downtown Philadelphia and took in the historical sites. That was a lot of fun and we'd like to do the same in Boston, except we could stay three or four nights. We liked being in the city and being able to walk to many of the things we wanted to see. Where we stayed seemed safe and we could walk to restaurants at night. Our Boston visit will focus around history, but if there are other things we need to see, we'd love to know about them. An historical hotel would be great, but we'd probably choose a Holiday Inn if there's a significant price difference. We enjoy local eateries and good food. I've been focused on another part of our trip and haven't done any Boston research yet, so any help you can give with what to see or where to stay or eat will be much appreciated. Thanks.
1st time in Boston --need advice
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Places to eat like a local in Los Angeles
- 2 Spring Has Officially Sprung in Central Park
- 3 New York City Restaurants
- 4 3 Days in Denver area- want to hike and bike, stay in Boulder or Denver?
- 5 Downtown Denver restaurant recommendation, please~
- 6 Chicago Architectural River Tours - which one for us?
- 7 Trip Report: An Intoxicating Birthday Day-Trip in Napa
- 8 Seattle to Los Angeles and back . . . ideas for family stopping places?
- 9 NYC apartments through CitySonnet.com
- 10 2 Days in Portland - Best of?
- 11 New York City Taking First Steps Against Air BnB Members
- 12 Santa Fe advice needed (40th anniversary)
- 13 Seeking advice from year round Tucson residents
- 14 Family Camp in Maine
- 15 Phoenix restaurants
- 16 Advice on a Hamptons Day Trip
- 17 Travel West Coast
- 18 Timeshare Nightmares
- 19 Which NYC subway should I take?
- 20 Helicopter tours from Vegas to Grand Canyon
- 21 Where to stay with kids in Nashville
- 22 East Coast road trip from Boston to Washington DC
- 23 Brooklyn why?
- 24 Glacier, Yellowstone, and Grand Teton itinerary - advice requested please!
- 25 Cab Cost from McCarren to Venetian Hotel?