we will be going on 10 night hawaii trip in August 3rd week with a 3 and 1 year old. This will be our frist trip to Hawaii and perhaps could be only one given that we will be relocating to our home country.
i have the following queries and your opinions will be highly appreciated.
1. Should we split the trip or just spend all time at Ohau (we will be flying in there)?
2. If we do split then does Maui sound like a good second place to visit given that we will be with kids? Any other suggestions for place.
3. Is the big island a good option to do with kids?
3. Is it must to know swimming to enjoy Hawaii trip? My wife does not know swimming. I do.
4. If we split the trip would it still be a good idea to rent condos instead of hotel to save money? (yes we would like to cook and eat if it still makes a difference).
5. Is it better to book car rental along with flight or doing seperately also works out economical?
thanks in advance for any response you guys may be able to give.
10 day Hawaii trip planning
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Mendocino - Sonoma
- 2 Friendship, fiddling, and freezing in Boston
- 3 Cabin in Asheville area
- 4 Hanging Lake Hike (CO) with Kids?
- 5 Advice on Roadtrip
- 6 LA with 12-year old granddaughter
- 7 Specific Hotel & Activity Help Seattle - Sheraton or Switch?
- 8 Zion the narrows
- 9 Seattle Transportation??
- 10 Car Rental - NYC help me figure out logistics
- 11 New England Family Trip - August
- 12 Tahoe - Yosemite Spring Hiking Trip Advice
- 13 Anyone familiar with America Car Rental?
- 14 Twenty Nine Palms to Dana Point, CA
- 15 Cell phone service in Moab
- 16 San Juan Islands... cruise question
- 17 16 Days in Utah and Colorado with Our 2 Young Boys!
- 18 2 weeks in California++ in April - Need suggestions on itinerary
- 19 Glacier, Yellowstone, Teton Road Trip
- 20 Favorite Casual D.C. Restaurants?
- 21 Drive from San Francisco to Seattle
- 22 Lake Las Vegas Hotels Properties: Any favorites?
- 23 New Orleans - good side trip in a car?
- 24 Girls Weekend Trip to Sarasota/Tampa Florida Area
- 25 Another Trip to DC for baseball!