I’m planning a long trip to the Mediterranean (including the 21 countries surrounding the emerald coastline). I’m trying to compile a list of the BEST OF the must-do or –haves in the massive region so I can check it off as I go (not to mention have the vacation of a lifetime).
Below are some examples of what I’m looking for. I would really appreciate your thoughts, expertise, or suggestions (even just sharing a link would be awesome!) to help me find the best of each for the entire region. And please feel free to add to this list!
What’s the best rental car company
Where are the best hotel or resort deals
Where can you get the best bottle of wine and cheese
What’s the best (and most affordable) cruise package
Who’s the newest, coolest outfitter and what activities are they offering
Where’s the best place to dive
Where’s the best cup of coffee
Where’s the best hiking trail
Where’s the best beach (e.g. least crowded, but still breathtakingly beautiful and full of water adventures)
What’s the best nonfiction book about traveling around the Mediterranean (you know, to read while I'm there)
Where’s the best museum (modern and historic!)
I'm hoping to have a complete list by mid-next week (Feb10th), so it'd be wonderful to hear from you soonest. Thank you so much in advance for all your help!!
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Your favorite podcasts for traveling?
- 2 Ranthambore National Park
- 3 Amsterdam or Dublin?
- 4 Comfortable shoes that can go to dinner
- 5 Should I go for a GoPro, DSLR or drone?
- 6 Help us pick our 10 year anniversary destination!
- 7 First time traveler
- 8 Go-Pro or Olympus Tough camera
- 9 Mapping tool for multi-mode, multi-destination trip?
- 10 Exploring a City
- 11 Dolomites for 2 days
- 12 May or June trip ideas with 2 adult children
- 13 Drive from SD to Yellowstone
- 14 Travel from Alaska to Chicago by train?
- 15 Footwear / clothing for adventure / exploring
- 16 Looking for a Travel Buddy to Explore More of Eastern Europe and Spain
- 17 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 18 Is it necessary to learn native language of the country, where travelling?
- 19 looking for travel buddy to join kanha national park trip
- 20 Passport Help!!!
- 21 First time travelling outside the USA
- 22 Iceland-Landmannalaugar
- 23 hiking poles in carry on
- 24 Llego a Roma el 21 de febrero...
- 25 Spanish speaking city to spend August 2017?