Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

What countries have you traveled to and what was your personal highlight of these countries?

What countries have you traveled to and what was your personal highlight of these countries?

Old Nov 18th, 2002, 11:26 PM
Maurice

Like this:
Belgium - Brugge
Bolivia - Salar de Uyuni
Botswana - Okavango Delta
China - Three Gorges
Costa Rica - Tortuguero NP
Czech - Charles Bridge
England - London
Germany - Cathedral of Cologne
France - Mont St. Michel
Iceland - Jokulsarlon
Jordan - Wadi Rum
Kyrgyzstan - Tianshan
Malaysia - Petronas Towers
Myanmar - Bagan
Netherlands - Zaanse Schans
Nicaragua - Leon
Peru - Inca Trail
Singapore - Chines Gardens
Spain - Barcelona
Thailand - Grand Palace
Vietnam - Halong Bay
Zimbabwe - Eastern Highlands

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 05:30 AM
xxx

This belongs on the Europe board where you already posted it. It's interesting reading there, out of place here.

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 05:33 AM
Gigi

Oui Maurice, Off with you to the European forum. Maybe, if you insist on posting this type of one upmanship, you could shoot for states instead of countries?

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 05:35 AM
Pecos

"South America"-Texas-Amarillo.

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 06:35 AM
Hmm

Why exactly does this belong on the Europe board (as opposed to any other)?

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 06:41 AM
x

ah, gigi, a fairlady indeed. hope they are listening.

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 08:03 AM
Sarah

I use to travel frequently and covered most of Europe and the middle east (Egypt, Turkey, Israel). I worked as a teacher so I was gone every summer traveling with long weekend spur of the moment trips in winter.

THEN I DISCOVERED HAWAII! So this discovering side of myself has died a little. This is sad because you do grow a bit when you embrace a new culture even if it is for 4-6 weeks. Don't know if it is that I am getting older or Hawaii is just such a beautiful place. I have seen other incredible landscape in my life. I know there are wonderful places that I have yet to experience but I just can't get that Hawaiian Sun off my back. I can feel it just saying that!

Every year I make plans for a new discovery, I do the reading not just in travel books by in history and literature that are demonstrative of the respective cultures. The time comes for a serious booking and back to Hawaii I go! Does not really feel like travel more a rest with outdoor activity in very familar stomping grounds.

So the personal Hightlight is Hawaii because it stopped me in my traveling tracks!!!

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 08:46 AM
xxx

Message to Hmm...take one guess why it belongs on the Europe forum. Nothing pertains to the US.

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 08:47 AM
xxx

1. Why are you asking posters on a US board their favorite Europe destinations? This board is supposed to discuss the US --hence the name.

2. Posters like you do not want to discuss these issues you merely want to show off all the places you've been.
Unfortunately, I stopped showing off in grade school when I learned it was rude.

3. Why not post in a chat room somewhere and carry on these type of conversations.

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 10:12 AM
Oh

Northern Mexico - Texas, Arizona, California

Cuba - Miami

Puerto Rico - Bronx

China - San Francisco

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 10:17 AM
Dunce

I know - Alabama!

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 10:20 AM
Gustav

I went to rural North Carolina once. Trust me, this was like traveling to a foriegn country. I kept looking for Sheriff Andy Taylor and Deputy Barney Fife to come walking around the corner. It was way too spooky for me. The highlight was buying cheap furniture.

I agree this should be on the Eurpoe board.

I did go to the Disney Epcot center where they have many Europe destinations. I have been told it is just like going to Europe. I like the food in the Italy section most but it was a long walk to get to. France was pretty good also.

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 10:21 AM
xx

Since when are Botswana, China, Costa Rica, Myanmar, Nicaragua, etc. in Europe???

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 10:22 AM
Fab

Personnally Maurice I found Wadi Rum to be touristy and very "last year" if you know what I mean. And Salar de Uyuni was so trite. Ta ta.

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 10:31 AM
Faina

Just came back from the Navajo country - Monument Valley, Goulding's Lodge. It was fantastic! My report is buried somewhere in 200's not reacting to a search yet.

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 06:08 PM
RFD

Kudos to Gustav for the only post that made me laugh today.
Thanks Gustav.
Sincerely yours,
Otis Campbell