I'm going to be traveling to Portugal and Spain in the next couple of weeks and I'm trying to see if there's a good way to bring my phone with me. I don't really care about making calls/texts, but I'd like have a reasonable data package if possible so I can use google maps/navigation/etc.
I've got a Verizon Droid Incredible 2, which is a world phone. However, the Verizon international data rates are ridiculous, $0.02 per KB! From what I understand, I can ask Verizon to unlock my phone and then I can just get a prepaid SIM card when I get overseas. However, I've really only seen that proposed in the context of making calls -- can I get a prepaid data SIM card or something?
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Late October European Trek Adventure suggestions
- 2 7 Day in Tuscany Villa in Italy?
- 3 Travel Escort idea
- 4 7 days from Madrid to Barcelona
- 5 Sailboat charter through the British Virgin Islands
- 6 New England Fall Foliage
- 7 Driving up the coast from L to San Fran
- 8 Travel on a $2000 Budget
- 9 House/Pet Sitting travel
- 10 regain air ticket cost from travel insurance company
- 11 A week to go somewhere
- 12 What is the most important stuff when you are travelling?
- 13 Driving in Ireland
- 14 Nikon Coolpix L830angle camera - alternatives?
- 15 LAX to Dodger Stadium
- 16 Carrying your passport
- 17 Road trip or Train
- 18 Singapore or Disneyland Paris
- 19 Ideal Trip!
- 20 Daughter's Tour to korea
- 21 Inexpensive travel from Gothenburg or Copenhagen
- 22 Does anyone else travel with bed sheets
- 23 Packing advice for fall trip to Europe
- 24 Where to go for short visit?
- 25 Help for my wife's 40th with her best friends