I'm going to be traveling to Portugal and Spain in the next couple of weeks and I'm trying to see if there's a good way to bring my phone with me. I don't really care about making calls/texts, but I'd like have a reasonable data package if possible so I can use google maps/navigation/etc.
I've got a Verizon Droid Incredible 2, which is a world phone. However, the Verizon international data rates are ridiculous, $0.02 per KB! From what I understand, I can ask Verizon to unlock my phone and then I can just get a prepaid SIM card when I get overseas. However, I've really only seen that proposed in the context of making calls -- can I get a prepaid data SIM card or something?
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Apps for Solo Travellers?
- 2 Do liquids HAVE to be in a quart size baggie?
- 3 Carryon travel to Rome- One gal's packing list in the Spring
- 4 Beer Prices Around the World!
- 5 Family trip Europe
- 6 Is a month and a half backpack trip around Europe worth leaving a job for?
- 7 Home security while traveling
- 8 More on Phony Reviews
- 9 Advice for a newbie
- 10 Pros & cons of "travel" vests
- 11 Car Rentals in Italy
- 12 Spontaneous solo backpacking trip
- 13 Italy or Napa Valley? Mother daughter duo
- 14 What do you use to save money on travel?
- 15 Ideas February trip
- 16 Help with Itinerary for Trip with Kids to Carmel
- 17 Day bags when traveling
- 18 slippery sleeping bags with mat on slopes
- 19 cell phone adapters in UK and Europe
- 20 Three Week West Coast Road Trip
- 21 Family Road trip Jersey to PEI - Best route 1 overnight
- 22 Roundup of overseas cell phone plan options, or: To SIM or not to SIM?
- 23 Daughter's 30 Bday trip
- 24 Any expierences with Groupon or Living Social travel deals (international)?
- 25 Road Trip: - Venice - Florence - Rome