I'm going to be traveling to Portugal and Spain in the next couple of weeks and I'm trying to see if there's a good way to bring my phone with me. I don't really care about making calls/texts, but I'd like have a reasonable data package if possible so I can use google maps/navigation/etc.
I've got a Verizon Droid Incredible 2, which is a world phone. However, the Verizon international data rates are ridiculous, $0.02 per KB! From what I understand, I can ask Verizon to unlock my phone and then I can just get a prepaid SIM card when I get overseas. However, I've really only seen that proposed in the context of making calls -- can I get a prepaid data SIM card or something?
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Family trip from London to Greece.
- 2 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 3 Bali Or Italy/Greece
- 4 Packing a family of 8 in a minivan for an out of state camping trip
- 5 How to Avoid Pickpockets in Paris
- 6 Husband's 40th Birthday
- 7 Advice for traveling with leg/hip pain
- 8 multi-destinations with multi-type travel
- 9 5 Best travel apps? (open)
- 10 When to introduce kids to international travel?
- 11 Not quite sure where to go yet...
- 12 South Italy Trip Ideas
- 13 Ipad apps for travel in germany
- 14 Travel Bangkok to Songkhla
- 15 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 16 Daypack Recommendation
- 17 Grand Luxury Hotels
- 18 YQG to PMO on AC with connection in FCO on Alitalia
- 19 Where to go with an infant?
- 20 Retrieving Voice Mail abroad - Help me
- 21 Carryon travel to Rome- One gal's packing list in the Spring
- 22 Where is the most expensive hotel in the world?
- 23 3 kids under 5 - where to go from Cali
- 24 ONE WAY car rental from NYC to BOS
- 25 Baggage transfers - two separate bookings but same airlines