I'm going to be traveling to Portugal and Spain in the next couple of weeks and I'm trying to see if there's a good way to bring my phone with me. I don't really care about making calls/texts, but I'd like have a reasonable data package if possible so I can use google maps/navigation/etc.
I've got a Verizon Droid Incredible 2, which is a world phone. However, the Verizon international data rates are ridiculous, $0.02 per KB! From what I understand, I can ask Verizon to unlock my phone and then I can just get a prepaid SIM card when I get overseas. However, I've really only seen that proposed in the context of making calls -- can I get a prepaid data SIM card or something?
International Cell Phone Data
- 1 Tell Us Your Favorite Travel Experiences
- 2 Ideas for 3-generation family vacation
- 3 europe In January
- 4 First Time Solo from Singapore
- 5 Driving from Geneva to Milan in February
- 6 Where to go on Christmas?
- 7 Is going to Cape Town for holiday really worth it?
- 8 Does anyone else travel with bed sheets
- 9 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - Honeymoon
- 10 French Visa Appointment at NYC Consulate
- 11 Honeymoon: fiancee not as adventurous. Need ideas. HELP!
- 12 9-10 day trip to Southern Spain in February
- 13 Holiday Travel Plans
- 14 Looking for reviews of Great Value Vacations
- 15 Purchasing a flight with someone else's frequent flyer points
- 16 Which Hotel is near to Northern arizona university, Flagstaff
- 17 Help with honeymoon destination
- 18 places to stop and stretch.
- 19 Travel with or without kids ?
- 20 7 days European trip with kids- suggestions needed
- 21 2016 honeymoon! Need advice!
- 22 I TRAVEL THE WORLD ALONE
- 23 Where to Stay in solomon island ?
- 24 Your Best Travel Tips
- 25 Single Senior Citizen travel