I'm going to be traveling to Portugal and Spain in the next couple of weeks and I'm trying to see if there's a good way to bring my phone with me. I don't really care about making calls/texts, but I'd like have a reasonable data package if possible so I can use google maps/navigation/etc.
I've got a Verizon Droid Incredible 2, which is a world phone. However, the Verizon international data rates are ridiculous, $0.02 per KB! From what I understand, I can ask Verizon to unlock my phone and then I can just get a prepaid SIM card when I get overseas. However, I've really only seen that proposed in the context of making calls -- can I get a prepaid data SIM card or something?
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Smallest Backpack you've used
- 2 Mapping tool for multi-mode, multi-destination trip?
- 3 Footwear / clothing for adventure / exploring
- 4 14 Days SD - VC BC And Back
- 5 Itinerary Planning Apps
- 6 Credit Card Travel Protection insurance - did anyone used it?
- 7 First rv trip
- 8 Amsterdam or Dublin?
- 9 Comfortable shoes that can go to dinner
- 10 Should I go for a GoPro, DSLR or drone?
- 11 Help us pick our 10 year anniversary destination!
- 12 First time traveler
- 13 Go-Pro or Olympus Tough camera
- 14 Exploring a City
- 15 Dolomites for 2 days
- 16 May or June trip ideas with 2 adult children
- 17 Drive from SD to Yellowstone
- 18 Travel from Alaska to Chicago by train?
- 19 Looking for a Travel Buddy to Explore More of Eastern Europe and Spain
- 20 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 21 Is it necessary to learn native language of the country, where travelling?
- 22 looking for travel buddy to join kanha national park trip
- 23 Passport Help!!!
- 24 First time travelling outside the USA
- 25 Iceland-Landmannalaugar