I'm going to be traveling to Portugal and Spain in the next couple of weeks and I'm trying to see if there's a good way to bring my phone with me. I don't really care about making calls/texts, but I'd like have a reasonable data package if possible so I can use google maps/navigation/etc.
I've got a Verizon Droid Incredible 2, which is a world phone. However, the Verizon international data rates are ridiculous, $0.02 per KB! From what I understand, I can ask Verizon to unlock my phone and then I can just get a prepaid SIM card when I get overseas. However, I've really only seen that proposed in the context of making calls -- can I get a prepaid data SIM card or something?
International Cell Phone Data
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Prepaid debit cards in Brazil
- 2 Europe Trip Itinerary Check
- 3 Delices & Gourmandises
- 4 Travel pants for women - advice needed for Europe trip (soon!)
- 5 Packing Help - What to take
- 6 Amsterdam to Normandy
- 7 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 8 Places to travel in June or July
- 9 Visa expiration and re entry
- 10 Driving trip from Vancouver to Rockies in June
- 11 Rovia booking engine
- 12 Jacket with pockets
- 13 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 14 2 Week Trip for Newleywed's - Adventure and Beach
- 15 Your Top 5 travel iPad Apps
- 16 What are the best wlking shoes for in city travel?
- 17 Trip suggestions for 3-5 day vacation from New Orleans?
- 18 Dual time zone watches
- 19 Escorted Travel Agency?
- 20 30th Birthday Girls Trip
- 21 Website for good hotel rates?
- 22 Famous Places to Visit in Paris?
- 23 What color nail polish in France
- 24 Travel Clothing
- 25 advance single 1st class rail travel with virgin trains