I'm going to be traveling to Portugal and Spain in the next couple of weeks and I'm trying to see if there's a good way to bring my phone with me. I don't really care about making calls/texts, but I'd like have a reasonable data package if possible so I can use google maps/navigation/etc.
I've got a Verizon Droid Incredible 2, which is a world phone. However, the Verizon international data rates are ridiculous, $0.02 per KB! From what I understand, I can ask Verizon to unlock my phone and then I can just get a prepaid SIM card when I get overseas. However, I've really only seen that proposed in the context of making calls -- can I get a prepaid data SIM card or something?
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 ATM DUMPS PIN TRACK 1/2 CC CVV TRANSFER WESTERN UNION
- 2 What do you pack in your toiletries bag?
- 3 I really want to experience the northern lights
- 4 40th Birthday Celebration
- 5 Should I use a travel agent?
- 6 Where in the world can I make my dream, reality?
- 7 What Resources Do You Use to Book Complicated Trips?
- 8 Road trip from Denver or Salt Lake City?
- 9 Difficult Decisions!!
- 10 Oceanfront Location - where in the world?
- 11 Barclaycard Arrival MC chip & pin useless in Italy
- 12 HoneyMoon - january
- 13 Glacier National Park Trip
- 14 Where to find volunteer work or hosteltrave job in the world
- 15 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 16 Wannabe female solo traveler seeking reassurance
- 17 Road map- European
- 18 Travel idea for a 1 year old
- 19 Malaga Ave fast train- M Zambrano Train Station car return
- 20 xmas anywhere in europe
- 21 Need advice for Asia trip
- 22 Family Italy
- 23 Big Island vs Maui
- 24 When do you start packing your suitcase(s)?
- 25 Winter Vacation