I'm going to be traveling to Portugal and Spain in the next couple of weeks and I'm trying to see if there's a good way to bring my phone with me. I don't really care about making calls/texts, but I'd like have a reasonable data package if possible so I can use google maps/navigation/etc.
I've got a Verizon Droid Incredible 2, which is a world phone. However, the Verizon international data rates are ridiculous, $0.02 per KB! From what I understand, I can ask Verizon to unlock my phone and then I can just get a prepaid SIM card when I get overseas. However, I've really only seen that proposed in the context of making calls -- can I get a prepaid data SIM card or something?
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 2 Need Amalfi planning help
- 3 Where to go...April of 2018
- 4 Cautionary tale about ATM use
- 5 Why Access to Services at Home should not affect your next trip
- 6 California Zepher
- 7 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 8 Babymoon w/ toddler Fall Ideas (Zika)
- 9 6 day 5 night Honeymoon from US
- 10 Honeymoon ideas STAT
- 11 Looking for travel filmmakers to collaborate and travel together!
- 12 What's the most expensive country you have been to?
- 13 Airport robbery
- 14 Usefulness of a travel agent ?
- 15 New York City - Suite/Hotel
- 16 California Zepher (train)
- 17 Renewing a child's passport in 24 hours
- 18 What's your favourite beauty/grooming tip when travelling?
- 19 Travel towel?
- 20 Trip from Lecce, Italy to Pescara, Abruzzo.
- 21 suggestions to travel the world for 450 Days
- 22 Early November Vacation Thoughts?
- 23 Nova Scotia & Cabot Trail
- 24 Road trip stops
- 25 Need Suggestions!!!!!