I'm going to be traveling to Portugal and Spain in the next couple of weeks and I'm trying to see if there's a good way to bring my phone with me. I don't really care about making calls/texts, but I'd like have a reasonable data package if possible so I can use google maps/navigation/etc.
I've got a Verizon Droid Incredible 2, which is a world phone. However, the Verizon international data rates are ridiculous, $0.02 per KB! From what I understand, I can ask Verizon to unlock my phone and then I can just get a prepaid SIM card when I get overseas. However, I've really only seen that proposed in the context of making calls -- can I get a prepaid data SIM card or something?
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Terrified traveller
- 2 Is it necessary to learn native language of the country, where travelling?
- 3 First time travelling outside the USA
- 4 First time traveler
- 5 Camera recommendations for wildlife photography
- 6 Help Selecting Destination for 40 Birthday Group Trip
- 7 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 8 Accommodation San Sebastian
- 9 Tips on itinerary for 2 weeks in Puerto Rico
- 10 Traveling to NW Italy (Aosta)
- 11 SIXT car rental in US
- 12 Chef for Turks and Caicos
- 13 3 weeks in Siena Italy
- 14 April - Crete v Canaries? & Pregnant!
- 15 Visit to usa
- 16 insect repellent bracelets
- 17 Top travel destinations 2017
- 18 Your Favorite Rain coat?
- 19 Early trip planning
- 20 Best place in March to travel with kids
- 21 Tour company or DIY?
- 22 Amtrak's AutoTrain - yes or no?
- 23 Itinerary Help! CDG Round Trip in 10 days
- 24 Credit Card Travel Protection insurance - did anyone used it?
- 25 Should I go for a GoPro, DSLR or drone?