I'm going to be traveling to Portugal and Spain in the next couple of weeks and I'm trying to see if there's a good way to bring my phone with me. I don't really care about making calls/texts, but I'd like have a reasonable data package if possible so I can use google maps/navigation/etc.
I've got a Verizon Droid Incredible 2, which is a world phone. However, the Verizon international data rates are ridiculous, $0.02 per KB! From what I understand, I can ask Verizon to unlock my phone and then I can just get a prepaid SIM card when I get overseas. However, I've really only seen that proposed in the context of making calls -- can I get a prepaid data SIM card or something?
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 for a best support Avast AntIvIrUs 18006817208^&*%s solving the problem
- 2 to travel or settle down?
- 3 Which type of car ?
- 4 Great Saint Bernard Pass / Lake Geneva / Northern Italy
- 5 garment travel organizer
- 6 Traveling Solo with 9 month old
- 7 What's your favourite beauty/grooming tip when travelling?
- 8 Newbie Using Whats App
- 9 replace my Nikon d90 by rx100 ?
- 10 Some tips when using Air BnB
- 11 Best place for a solo traveler to find a travel partner
- 12 Cape Town Ideas
- 13 Best Hostels
- 14 European chargers, Garmins & phones
- 15 best travel app (android or Apple)
- 16 Road Trip For Two
- 17 Estes Park to Lexington, KY
- 18 Copper Canyon
- 19 Travel through Expedia
- 20 Autoeurope car location...questions !
- 21 Goin' solo...nothing like it! (A trip report collection)
- 22 Round the World
- 23 Misleading third party websites
- 24 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 25 Travel ideas near spring break?