I'm getting ready to book a car to rent for our 10 days in Charleston, SC and was shocked to see that all of the fees and taxes add up to nearly half the cost of the car. Most of the rental companies I've checked come within a few dollars of each other. I also called my insurance company, USAA, and it was only a few dollars cheaper. I did find that I could rent a car on Hotwire for 2/3 the cost of the others. They state that all fees and taxes are included in the total cost. Apparently you learn the car rental company once you've booked the car. Also, there are no changes or refunds once you've booked. I'm not especially loyal to any particular car company and I don't envisiage any changes to our trip, so is there any other downfall with renting a car through Hotwire?
Has anyone used Hotwire for booking cars?
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Traveling solo for first time? I'm a teenager
- 2 Traveling solo for first time? I'm a teenager
- 3 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 4 Traveling long haul for the first time
- 5 Mailing travel gifts from abroad
- 6 First Time Going to Europe - Ideas?
- 7 New York, Vegas or the Carribean
- 8 my travel ignorance
- 9 40th Birthday Trip
- 10 A Killer Whale Spectacle in Nice
- 11 Vacation with 1 year old?
- 12 Where to go in February/March
- 13 mid December honeymoon in Europe
- 14 Waterproof spray
- 15 https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/JBCJJHY
- 16 Honeymoon
- 17 Are these shoes too American looking?
- 18 Half Moon Bay, CA - stay there or go to Napa Valley?
- 19 Where to go over New Years?
- 20 Most Exotic and Adventurous Trip Possible
- 21 Help finding a beach resort w/ nightlife for a young couple!
- 22 Your favorite USA car rental company
- 23 Your Best Travel Tips
- 24 Northern Lights
- 25 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips