I'm getting ready to book a car to rent for our 10 days in Charleston, SC and was shocked to see that all of the fees and taxes add up to nearly half the cost of the car. Most of the rental companies I've checked come within a few dollars of each other. I also called my insurance company, USAA, and it was only a few dollars cheaper. I did find that I could rent a car on Hotwire for 2/3 the cost of the others. They state that all fees and taxes are included in the total cost. Apparently you learn the car rental company once you've booked the car. Also, there are no changes or refunds once you've booked. I'm not especially loyal to any particular car company and I don't envisiage any changes to our trip, so is there any other downfall with renting a car through Hotwire?
Has anyone used Hotwire for booking cars?
View all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Luggage Tags
- 2 Does anyone else travel with bed sheets
- 3 Technology tips, and travel
- 4 Christmas break vacation destination ideas?
- 5 Where to go on Christmas?
- 6 2016 honeymoon! Need advice!
- 7 Your Best Travel Tips
- 8 How is the United Lounge at LAX?
- 9 Which Travel Bag
- 10 Is going to Cape Town for holiday really worth it?
- 11 Suggestions for Spain & Portugal
- 12 Tell Us Your Favorite Travel Experiences
- 13 Ideas for 3-generation family vacation
- 14 europe In January
- 15 First Time Solo from Singapore
- 16 Driving from Geneva to Milan in February
- 17 Aruba vs. Turks & Caicos - Honeymoon
- 18 French Visa Appointment at NYC Consulate
- 19 Honeymoon: fiancee not as adventurous. Need ideas. HELP!
- 20 9-10 day trip to Southern Spain in February
- 21 Holiday Travel Plans
- 22 Looking for reviews of Great Value Vacations
- 23 Purchasing a flight with someone else's frequent flyer points
- 24 Which Hotel is near to Northern arizona university, Flagstaff
- 25 Help with honeymoon destination