I'm getting ready to book a car to rent for our 10 days in Charleston, SC and was shocked to see that all of the fees and taxes add up to nearly half the cost of the car. Most of the rental companies I've checked come within a few dollars of each other. I also called my insurance company, USAA, and it was only a few dollars cheaper. I did find that I could rent a car on Hotwire for 2/3 the cost of the others. They state that all fees and taxes are included in the total cost. Apparently you learn the car rental company once you've booked the car. Also, there are no changes or refunds once you've booked. I'm not especially loyal to any particular car company and I don't envisiage any changes to our trip, so is there any other downfall with renting a car through Hotwire?
Has anyone used Hotwire for booking cars?
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Prepaid debit cards in Brazil
- 2 Europe Trip Itinerary Check
- 3 Delices & Gourmandises
- 4 Travel pants for women - advice needed for Europe trip (soon!)
- 5 Packing Help - What to take
- 6 Amsterdam to Normandy
- 7 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 8 Places to travel in June or July
- 9 Visa expiration and re entry
- 10 Driving trip from Vancouver to Rockies in June
- 11 Rovia booking engine
- 12 Jacket with pockets
- 13 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 14 2 Week Trip for Newleywed's - Adventure and Beach
- 15 Your Top 5 travel iPad Apps
- 16 What are the best wlking shoes for in city travel?
- 17 Trip suggestions for 3-5 day vacation from New Orleans?
- 18 Dual time zone watches
- 19 Escorted Travel Agency?
- 20 30th Birthday Girls Trip
- 21 Website for good hotel rates?
- 22 Famous Places to Visit in Paris?
- 23 What color nail polish in France
- 24 Travel Clothing
- 25 advance single 1st class rail travel with virgin trains