I'm getting ready to book a car to rent for our 10 days in Charleston, SC and was shocked to see that all of the fees and taxes add up to nearly half the cost of the car. Most of the rental companies I've checked come within a few dollars of each other. I also called my insurance company, USAA, and it was only a few dollars cheaper. I did find that I could rent a car on Hotwire for 2/3 the cost of the others. They state that all fees and taxes are included in the total cost. Apparently you learn the car rental company once you've booked the car. Also, there are no changes or refunds once you've booked. I'm not especially loyal to any particular car company and I don't envisiage any changes to our trip, so is there any other downfall with renting a car through Hotwire?
Has anyone used Hotwire for booking cars?
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Help finding a beach resort w/ nightlife for a young couple!
- 2 Are these shoes too American looking?
- 3 Where to go over New Years?
- 4 my travel ignorance
- 5 Your favorite USA car rental company
- 6 Your Best Travel Tips
- 7 Northern Lights
- 8 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 9 Road trip along the east coast with tween & teen
- 10 First Trip To Japan and South Korea Solo!
- 11 Travel Insurance or not
- 12 Duffel size needed for 33lb limit
- 13 Economy PLus on United to China
- 14 Down or synthetic sleeping bag?
- 15 Light weight Luggage
- 16 3 weeks backpacking around Europe, how to call home?
- 17 Online Booking Agency- which one to use?
- 18 Teaching Abroad with Expiring Passport
- 19 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 20 Favorite airline and hotel booking sites
- 21 Seeking Family All-Inclusive Advice
- 22 Relaxing September Getaway: Scenic Destination with Outdoor Activities
- 23 transportation from Rome airport to Siena
- 24 Ideas for a family trip
- 25 Best Travel Vehicle for Family of 4