I'm getting ready to book a car to rent for our 10 days in Charleston, SC and was shocked to see that all of the fees and taxes add up to nearly half the cost of the car. Most of the rental companies I've checked come within a few dollars of each other. I also called my insurance company, USAA, and it was only a few dollars cheaper. I did find that I could rent a car on Hotwire for 2/3 the cost of the others. They state that all fees and taxes are included in the total cost. Apparently you learn the car rental company once you've booked the car. Also, there are no changes or refunds once you've booked. I'm not especially loyal to any particular car company and I don't envisiage any changes to our trip, so is there any other downfall with renting a car through Hotwire?
Has anyone used Hotwire for booking cars?
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Rovia booking engine
- 2 Packing Help - What to take
- 3 Places to travel in June or July
- 4 Travel pants for women - advice needed for Europe trip (soon!)
- 5 What are the best wlking shoes for in city travel?
- 6 Your Top 5 travel iPad Apps
- 7 Escorted Travel Agency?
- 8 Dual time zone watches
- 9 30th Birthday Girls Trip
- 10 Website for good hotel rates?
- 11 Famous Places to Visit in Paris?
- 12 Trip suggestions for 3-5 day vacation from New Orleans?
- 13 What color nail polish in France
- 14 Travel Clothing
- 15 advance single 1st class rail travel with virgin trains
- 16 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 17 Where to go - Mexico, Dominican Republic, Cuba or Cape Verde???
- 18 Looking for travel app (iOS) to map my custom walking tour...
- 19 AVIS' car rental Dirty Tricks
- 20 Getting a Second Passport
- 21 Priceline.com "Best Price guaranteed"scam
- 22 Suggestions for a trip?
- 23 Advice to use ATM promptly at arrival airport?
- 24 Online Travel Series and maybe some inspiration for a trip =)
- 25 What to Do On Your Second (Or Third!) Trip to Paris