I'm getting ready to book a car to rent for our 10 days in Charleston, SC and was shocked to see that all of the fees and taxes add up to nearly half the cost of the car. Most of the rental companies I've checked come within a few dollars of each other. I also called my insurance company, USAA, and it was only a few dollars cheaper. I did find that I could rent a car on Hotwire for 2/3 the cost of the others. They state that all fees and taxes are included in the total cost. Apparently you learn the car rental company once you've booked the car. Also, there are no changes or refunds once you've booked. I'm not especially loyal to any particular car company and I don't envisiage any changes to our trip, so is there any other downfall with renting a car through Hotwire?
Has anyone used Hotwire for booking cars?
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 6 weeks in the Americas during December
- 2 Home Exchanges
- 3 Shoes for round the world trip - suitable for hiking and running?
- 4 Scammers on Airbnb site
- 5 India food Tours
- 6 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 7 Groupon Cancellation/Transfer Option
- 8 VPN? Witopia? If so, which?
- 9 Looking for reviews of Great Value Vacations
- 10 Going to Costa Rica
- 11 Noise Cancelling Headphones
- 12 Air B&B
- 13 Single supplements
- 14 Has anyone used Autoslash?
- 15 Discounted luggage websites
- 16 Should I book through Luxury Link?
- 17 Could I fit all this into a 3 week road trip?
- 18 Travel eruope early November this year
- 19 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 20 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 21 Traveling long haul for the first time
- 22 Thanksgiving week trip
- 23 Anniversary trip
- 24 Where would you go if you were us?
- 25 Help? Where to go with an 18 year old boy?