I read in the latest issue of Travel and Leisure this great idea. Scan and email your passport, birth certificate, and driver's license to a secure address. Then if you lose your passport, you can access the information by computer. I think this is great. My son lost his ID in Mexico (before he had a passport) and honest to God, I didn't think we would ever get him home. However, I'm not sure my hotmail email address is considered a secure address.
Good Idea- Scan and Email passport
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Home security while traveling?
- 2 Phone service
- 3 Where to go on multi-gen trip in Apr 2015 with2 & 6 year olds?
- 4 What's stopping you from traveling more?
- 5 Don't rent from Avis Car Rental
- 6 Want suggestion for Diwali tour place
- 7 US $ or local currency when booking hotel online?
- 8 Recommendations for Light-Weight, 4-Wheel, 22-in. Roll On.
- 9 Fall Road Trip
- 10 December 3 Week Vacation
- 11 San Francisco or San Diego
- 12 Luggage Help: Need a Luggage or Duffel at least 31" x 23" (78 x 57cm)
- 13 Home Exchanges
- 14 Noise Cancelling Headphones
- 15 Groupon Cancellation/Transfer Option
- 16 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 17 6 weeks in the Americas during December
- 18 Shoes for round the world trip - suitable for hiking and running?
- 19 Scammers on Airbnb site
- 20 India food Tours
- 21 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 22 VPN? Witopia? If so, which?
- 23 Looking for reviews of Great Value Vacations
- 24 Going to Costa Rica
- 25 Air B&B