I just graduated form high school back in June 2010 and will be 18 in January. I plan on going to London and travel all around Europe for 5 months, ALONE!!
I want to find a place to rent that will be close to my work. I want to be a waitress in a restaurant or bar, somewhere that will pay great!
I am so nervous about this, since I will not have a travel companion with me. I am going to get lost and I know I need to be safe anywhere I go. I plan on staying in hostels to meet fun, exciting people that maybe will want to go out for a night with me.
Any advice as to what I should and should not do? I have read many books on traveling alone however I am still very nervous about it. Yet, Excited!!
My main worry is, landing in London's airport, my luggage is lost, I have no idea where to go.. How to get from the airport to the tube, and what hostel I should stay in!! I will be arranging my accommodations for the first night before I leave as well.
If you are in the same boat as me, you are no alone!! Hahaa.
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Carrying your passport
- 2 Lipault luggage durability
- 3 Packing advice for fall trip to Europe
- 4 Help for my wife's 40th with her best friends
- 5 photography trip in July Chile-Peru-Bolivia-Chile
- 6 European Travel in March
- 7 Daughter's Tour to korea
- 8 Advice for traveling with leg/hip pain
- 9 Help planning long road trip.
- 10 Checked through luggage - 2 separate bookings?
- 11 Renting International Cars from USA
- 12 Trip Ideas for Adventure / Tropical Thanksgiving Holiday
- 13 What is the most important stuff when you are travelling?
- 14 Getting my child from Stanford
- 15 Ideal Trip!
- 16 [ENGLAND] Which places to visit (london districts + city nearby)
- 17 Pa to New England States
- 18 suggestions about noise cancelling earphone
- 19 Do you get your expired passport back?
- 20 Is there a trick to booking a "comfort" seat?
- 21 cape cod
- 22 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 23 Is there a way get a specific model of car to rent?
- 24 Credit card protection
- 25 Retrieving Voice Mail abroad - Help me
Female traveling alone for very first time! So excited but very nervous..