I just graduated form high school back in June 2010 and will be 18 in January. I plan on going to London and travel all around Europe for 5 months, ALONE!!
I want to find a place to rent that will be close to my work. I want to be a waitress in a restaurant or bar, somewhere that will pay great!
I am so nervous about this, since I will not have a travel companion with me. I am going to get lost and I know I need to be safe anywhere I go. I plan on staying in hostels to meet fun, exciting people that maybe will want to go out for a night with me.
Any advice as to what I should and should not do? I have read many books on traveling alone however I am still very nervous about it. Yet, Excited!!
My main worry is, landing in London's airport, my luggage is lost, I have no idea where to go.. How to get from the airport to the tube, and what hostel I should stay in!! I will be arranging my accommodations for the first night before I leave as well.
If you are in the same boat as me, you are no alone!! Hahaa.
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Ideas for road trip, South Florida up to Charleston, SC
- 2 everest base camp trekking september/october 2017
- 3 Travel Around Belgium with Side Trip to Amsterdam
- 4 All-in-One Universal Plug Adapter?
- 5 Week in LA & San Francisco
- 6 40th anniversary
- 7 Help:best way from Calais to London
- 8 What is the best way to get from Newark Airport to JFK
- 9 What's the most expensive country you have been to?
- 10 Travel towel?
- 11 Trip from Lecce, Italy to Pescara, Abruzzo.
- 12 Cross Country Greyhound Trip
- 13 Tips for tour guides on a week or longer trip
- 14 Traving to Barcelona Spain
- 15 Fan 220v or dual volt for travel
- 16 Las Vegas to page the Grand Canyon to Phoenix
- 17 Train ride from Florida to Alaska
- 18 Do any of you have Away luggage?
- 19 Favorite budget travel items?
- 20 One way to and one way back home?
- 21 Irish Pubs and other Fun Things
- 22 Holiday ideas urgently needed for mother and daughter holiday
- 23 Connection Time for Dulles
- 24 Why Do A Cycling Tour?: A review of various tour companies and general tips
- 25 Solo travel in Europe as a 18 year old female
Female traveling alone for very first time! So excited but very nervous..