I just graduated form high school back in June 2010 and will be 18 in January. I plan on going to London and travel all around Europe for 5 months, ALONE!!
I want to find a place to rent that will be close to my work. I want to be a waitress in a restaurant or bar, somewhere that will pay great!
I am so nervous about this, since I will not have a travel companion with me. I am going to get lost and I know I need to be safe anywhere I go. I plan on staying in hostels to meet fun, exciting people that maybe will want to go out for a night with me.
Any advice as to what I should and should not do? I have read many books on traveling alone however I am still very nervous about it. Yet, Excited!!
My main worry is, landing in London's airport, my luggage is lost, I have no idea where to go.. How to get from the airport to the tube, and what hostel I should stay in!! I will be arranging my accommodations for the first night before I leave as well.
If you are in the same boat as me, you are no alone!! Hahaa.
Female traveling alone for very first time! So excited but very nervous..
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 Winter Roadside Emergency Kit
- 2 $950,000 travel insurance mistake
- 3 Phone service
- 4 Does anyone have the Sparrow bag I read about in Sunday's LA Times?
- 5 Barclaycard Arrival MC chip & pin useless in Italy
- 6 Need packing tips: 24 days in Japan
- 7 10 Days of travel help!
- 8 Noise Cancelling Headphones
- 9 Travel Tote/Bag (women) for carrying on plane
- 10 Travel Agency Review for Trip to Spain
- 11 NEED URGENT DESTINATION ADVICE!
- 12 What's stopping you from traveling more?
- 13 Group Tours for 30 somethings
- 14 French gastronomy
- 15 Thailand, Laos, Cambodia
- 16 Looking for a hat to wear in the rainforest
- 17 Re-checking bag after a layover.
- 18 Best places to start...
- 19 25th wedding anniv travel
- 20 Where in the World Should We Go?
- 21 Friends Seeking Advice
- 22 December travel - where to go?
- 23 Travel health insurance
- 24 Apple Pay is here, and it's revolutionary!
- 25 India food Tours