I just graduated form high school back in June 2010 and will be 18 in January. I plan on going to London and travel all around Europe for 5 months, ALONE!!
I want to find a place to rent that will be close to my work. I want to be a waitress in a restaurant or bar, somewhere that will pay great!
I am so nervous about this, since I will not have a travel companion with me. I am going to get lost and I know I need to be safe anywhere I go. I plan on staying in hostels to meet fun, exciting people that maybe will want to go out for a night with me.
Any advice as to what I should and should not do? I have read many books on traveling alone however I am still very nervous about it. Yet, Excited!!
My main worry is, landing in London's airport, my luggage is lost, I have no idea where to go.. How to get from the airport to the tube, and what hostel I should stay in!! I will be arranging my accommodations for the first night before I leave as well.
If you are in the same boat as me, you are no alone!! Hahaa.
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 7 hour layover in Paris CDG
- 2 Southeast romantic destinations
- 3 destination help
- 4 Las Vegas to Kingston, NY max- 8/9 days
- 5 teenage/grandparent trip to Switzerland
- 6 How to Avoid Pickpockets in Paris
- 7 travelling with infant
- 8 What to do with mail when traveling
- 9 Prague & Croatia
- 10 Travelling in $2000 from Pakistan
- 11 a tablet for travelling...which one ?
- 12 Norway in November
- 13 3 kids under 5 - where to go from Cali
- 14 No bag policy at Pearl Harbor
- 15 Road Trip with kids LosAngeles to Nashville
- 16 Around the World - 6 months, more land and less planes
- 17 Time for Terminal 4 to 5
- 18 Schengen visa
- 19 Beach honeymoon in mid-September?
- 20 Do you use Yelp or Foursquare when traveling abroad?
- 21 Daypack Recommendation
- 22 Good backpack (lcabin luggage + daytrips)
- 23 greece to germany. doable?
- 24 Honeymoon in August. Beach. Where?
- 25 Group Tours for 30 somethings
Female traveling alone for very first time! So excited but very nervous..