I just graduated form high school back in June 2010 and will be 18 in January. I plan on going to London and travel all around Europe for 5 months, ALONE!!
I want to find a place to rent that will be close to my work. I want to be a waitress in a restaurant or bar, somewhere that will pay great!
I am so nervous about this, since I will not have a travel companion with me. I am going to get lost and I know I need to be safe anywhere I go. I plan on staying in hostels to meet fun, exciting people that maybe will want to go out for a night with me.
Any advice as to what I should and should not do? I have read many books on traveling alone however I am still very nervous about it. Yet, Excited!!
My main worry is, landing in London's airport, my luggage is lost, I have no idea where to go.. How to get from the airport to the tube, and what hostel I should stay in!! I will be arranging my accommodations for the first night before I leave as well.
If you are in the same boat as me, you are no alone!! Hahaa.
Recent ActivityView all Travel Tips & Trip Ideas activity »
- 1 A problem with booking.com
- 2 Best time to purchase ticket on British Air
- 3 Best place for a solo traveler to find a travel partner
- 4 Wheeled duffle options
- 5 Grad trip: African Safari vs. Europe
- 6 Fodor's: Please Stop with the Obnoxious Ads
- 7 Newbie Using Whats App
- 8 TripIt App?
- 9 Watch Out! There are VRBO.com Fees!
- 10 Best way to find new things to do in new city/country?
- 11 Money transfer
- 12 Itinerary Planning Apps
- 13 Why Do People Bother With Tripadvisor?
- 14 In search of international vacation ideas with toddler from NYC
- 15 Passport signature
- 16 Need advice! First time to Ireland, 10 day itinerary set
- 17 Switzerland-Paris10 days trip...queries
- 18 St. Louis MO to Yellowstone
- 19 Do you get your expired passport back?
- 20 May or June trip ideas with 2 adult children
- 21 Outdoorsy but with shopping
- 22 Travel ideas near spring break?
- 23 VANCOUVER/ SEATTLE ROAD TRIP
- 24 Barcelona in 4 nights - tips and recommendations needed
- 25 Smallest Backpack you've used
Female traveling alone for very first time! So excited but very nervous..