I have relatives that live in Rio de Janeiro and would like to learn not only their language but also their particular dialect of Portuguese..... but I'm having trouble finding software or courses that use a native "carioca" speaker. Any suggestions on learning Portugues the carioca way? I would love to just go there and live for a while to pick it up but that's not possible for me right now. I need classes or a book but none seem to be for this particular type of Portuguese. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Where can I learn "carioca" Portuguese?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South
- 2 Argentina trip over Christmas and New Years
- 3 Where to stay in Rio before a Cruise?
- 4 Christmas in Cusco
- 5 transportation in Brazil
- 6 Advice, recommendations and guidance
- 7 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 8 Patagonia Chile
- 9 Blue dollars in Argentina
- 10 Cartagena: enough for 4-6 days?
- 11 Easter Island flight delays?
- 12 argentina & brazil
- 13 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 14 Colombia, Safe Travels from Cartagena to Santa Marta Area
- 15 Beware of G Adventures Galapagos tour guides!
- 16 A couple days outside of Buenos Aires
- 17 Brazilian music
- 18 Ecuador 5 to 6 weeks
- 19 Colombia Trip Report - Very Long
- 20 Itinerary Help Peru>Bolivia>Chile>Argentina>Brazil
- 21 HELP! Seeking a teaching job down south
- 22 First Leg of retirement Triperu
- 23 The WSJ says it is cheap to eat out in BA - So, what's new????
- 24 Worth staying extra night in Buenos Aires, esp Monday night?
- 25 Change Hotel Locations in Buenos Aires