I have relatives that live in Rio de Janeiro and would like to learn not only their language but also their particular dialect of Portuguese..... but I'm having trouble finding software or courses that use a native "carioca" speaker. Any suggestions on learning Portugues the carioca way? I would love to just go there and live for a while to pick it up but that's not possible for me right now. I need classes or a book but none seem to be for this particular type of Portuguese. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Where can I learn "carioca" Portuguese?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 16 days in Brazil - ideas please
- 2 Peru and Brazil: A South American Adventure
- 3 GALAPAGOS ISLANDS
- 4 WWYD-time in Lima
- 5 Peru & Altitude Questions
- 6 Ecuador 5 to 6 weeks
- 7 Argentina Holiday Help
- 8 General Strike in BsAs on Thursday
- 9 argentina & brazil
- 10 Patagonia...You took our breath away
- 11 Visa Question: U.S. Citizen Flying from Brazil to Bolivia
- 12 General Strike in BsAs on Thursday
- 13 Peru jungle – looking for wildlife/comfort balance
- 14 Valpariso or Vina del Mar for sr citizens - two nights
- 15 Where to stay in Rio before a Cruise?
- 16 First Time to Peru: Need Help with Child-Friendly Itinerary
- 17 2-week Peru itinerary - any advice or recommended changes?
- 18 Packing for Peru in August - Recommendations?
- 19 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 20 2 wks in Colombia
- 21 Lost andean immigration card for Ecuador - problem on exit?
- 22 Buenos Aries
- 23 Tour guide for Machu Picchu
- 24 Travel to Ecuador in pregnancy
- 25 14 days in Brazil mid-december through New Year's Eve- help please