I have relatives that live in Rio de Janeiro and would like to learn not only their language but also their particular dialect of Portuguese..... but I'm having trouble finding software or courses that use a native "carioca" speaker. Any suggestions on learning Portugues the carioca way? I would love to just go there and live for a while to pick it up but that's not possible for me right now. I need classes or a book but none seem to be for this particular type of Portuguese. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Where can I learn "carioca" Portuguese?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Itinerary advice for a 5 week trip to Peru
- 2 Trip to Machu Picchu
- 3 RECIFE, where to stay during WORLD CUP??
- 4 Fire in Valparaiso
- 5 HELP!!! Sao Paulo for a day???
- 6 Machu Picchu with a bum knee
- 7 Independence Day in Cuzco
- 8 Ecuador - should we go?
- 9 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 10 Buenos Aires + only 1 Patagonia location
- 11 Back to South America
- 12 Cotopaxi Day Tour
- 13 Travel from Cusco to Tacna by bus
- 14 Peru/Machu Picchu/Cuzco suggestions
- 15 Cusco, Pto Maldonado, Titicaca and Trujillo!
- 16 Driving in Ecuador
- 17 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 18 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 19 Should we book Argentina trip in May 2014?
- 20 2-3 months backpacking trip to Peru, Bolivia, Chile and Buenos Aires
- 21 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 22 9 day Itinerary Advice: Lima, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu
- 23 Question about LAN Peru LAX-Cusco
- 24 Sanctuary Lodge vs. Inkaterra
- 25 Questions re. Machu Picchu