I m travelling from Greece to Peru this september!!And as you all know, with the economical crisis here, I worked v.hard for this trip, and it might not be another similar one, for a long long time!So we want to make sure we are not spending any day to the wrong place.
We are only going to be for 10 solid days in peru, and we want to live the real peru(we speak spanish), far away from too touristic attractions. How many days should we stay in Lima? Should we book a return flight ticket to Cuzco, or we shall try to take a bus as well, and book only a single ticket back to Lima. Are buses safe there? Which other towns or villages should we visit?How should we experience the Machu Picchu?Our friends, that we re travelling with, will do the inca trail with an agency called SAS, but we can t afford to do that moneywise and timewise... Fyi I m an architect, therefore some nice colourful villages and churches will be welcome.
Thank you for your time
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 salkantay trek
- 2 Quito, Galapagos and Otavalo
- 3 Grey Glacier in Patagonia, Chile
- 4 Rainbow mountain trek
- 5 Punta Arenas or Puerto Natales?
- 6 Cusco/Machu Picchu Trip
- 7 Trip Report : Peru, Bolivia and Argentina
- 8 Huayhuash Circuit in May - good-value trekking companies
- 9 please help with Argentine Patagonia planning
- 10 Northwest Argentina - Specific Itinerary Questions
- 11 Weight limits on LATAM airlines
- 12 Chile/Patagonia/Torres del Paine/Valparaiso
- 13 2 week Brazil, Argentina and Peru itinerary
- 14 Iquitos
- 15 Peru 3 Week Itinerary Feedback PLS!
- 16 Restaurant Iguazu Falls
- 17 1 Month Backpacking Peru Itinerary Check
- 18 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 19 Escaping the northern hemisphere winter in the Santiago area?
- 20 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 21 Family Adventure in Ecuador
- 22 transport to San Antonio De Areco, Argentina
- 23 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 24 Agency to purchase tickets to US
- 25 AllenBrooks- guide/driver in Rio