I m travelling from Greece to Peru this september!!And as you all know, with the economical crisis here, I worked v.hard for this trip, and it might not be another similar one, for a long long time!So we want to make sure we are not spending any day to the wrong place.
We are only going to be for 10 solid days in peru, and we want to live the real peru(we speak spanish), far away from too touristic attractions. How many days should we stay in Lima? Should we book a return flight ticket to Cuzco, or we shall try to take a bus as well, and book only a single ticket back to Lima. Are buses safe there? Which other towns or villages should we visit?How should we experience the Machu Picchu?Our friends, that we re travelling with, will do the inca trail with an agency called SAS, but we can t afford to do that moneywise and timewise... Fyi I m an architect, therefore some nice colourful villages and churches will be welcome.
Thank you for your time
what to do 10 days in Peru?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Touring Iguazu Falls
- 2 A Glimpse Of Paraguay, Itaipu Dam
- 3 Quito: Old city or new?
- 4 Lima Hotel or B&B for family
- 5 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 6 Lima-Paracas-Nazca-Huacachina-Lima (bus/drive)
- 7 Bogota
- 8 Tour guides needed for SugarLoaf and Corcovado? Transfer recs?
- 9 Independent travel vs. tour of Buenis Aires
- 10 Chile/Patagonia Itinerary Questions
- 11 Hawaii or Rio for single male traveler
- 12 New Years Eve: Rio or Buenos Aires?
- 13 4 weeks in Chile
- 14 Lima-Paracas-Nazca: in 1 day?
- 15 New Year's Eve in Lima
- 16 Bogota - Is it safe?
- 17 Para Ti, Brazil
- 18 Advice needed for Colombia
- 19 Chile and Argentina
- 20 To Iguazu Falls, No Time To Tango
- 21 2nd Leg Retirement Trip
- 22 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 23 Buenos Aires GTG, Tuesday, Jan.13
- 24 El valle de Elquí
- 25 Need a "just in case" Buenos Aires restaurant recommendation