I m travelling from Greece to Peru this september!!And as you all know, with the economical crisis here, I worked v.hard for this trip, and it might not be another similar one, for a long long time!So we want to make sure we are not spending any day to the wrong place.
We are only going to be for 10 solid days in peru, and we want to live the real peru(we speak spanish), far away from too touristic attractions. How many days should we stay in Lima? Should we book a return flight ticket to Cuzco, or we shall try to take a bus as well, and book only a single ticket back to Lima. Are buses safe there? Which other towns or villages should we visit?How should we experience the Machu Picchu?Our friends, that we re travelling with, will do the inca trail with an agency called SAS, but we can t afford to do that moneywise and timewise... Fyi I m an architect, therefore some nice colourful villages and churches will be welcome.
Thank you for your time
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Salar de Uyuni: a guide
- 2 Peru to Salar de Uyuni
- 3 Bogota, Providencia and Where Else?
- 4 Trip Report: Bogota
- 5 Travel Agent Recommendation for Patagonia
- 6 Travel in Brazil or visit Machu Picchu?
- 7 Sacred Valley/Inca Trail April 2015 Trip Report
- 8 Trip Report - Peru - Long
- 9 Pantanal tour prices
- 10 Safety in Rio?
- 11 Tours to Machu Picchu
- 12 New to traveling, and I need help.
- 13 Argentina Trip report
- 14 My Lima Layover
- 15 Strike Peru May 27-28 - urgent decision
- 16 Not your usual Lima Layover Trip Report
- 17 Areas to stay in Rio de Janiero and Buenos Aires
- 18 Absolute must in 3-4 days in Galapagos
- 19 Planning Trip to Patagonia and Wine Country
- 20 Do you need passes to see machu picch?
- 21 It's Restaurant Week in Lima til 24 May
- 22 Hostels in Rio de Janeiro
- 23 Recommended tour companies for the Galapagos Islands
- 24 Itinerary Advice..+/- days advice
- 25 recommended hostels in lima and cuzco