I m travelling from Greece to Peru this september!!And as you all know, with the economical crisis here, I worked v.hard for this trip, and it might not be another similar one, for a long long time!So we want to make sure we are not spending any day to the wrong place.
We are only going to be for 10 solid days in peru, and we want to live the real peru(we speak spanish), far away from too touristic attractions. How many days should we stay in Lima? Should we book a return flight ticket to Cuzco, or we shall try to take a bus as well, and book only a single ticket back to Lima. Are buses safe there? Which other towns or villages should we visit?How should we experience the Machu Picchu?Our friends, that we re travelling with, will do the inca trail with an agency called SAS, but we can t afford to do that moneywise and timewise... Fyi I m an architect, therefore some nice colourful villages and churches will be welcome.
Thank you for your time
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 El Calafate and El Chalten
- 2 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 3 Safety warning?
- 4 Trip Report - First time in Buenos Aires/Iguazu Falls/Rio de Janeiro
- 5 Iguazu falls logistics
- 6 Cape Horn cruise in Feb. or March?
- 7 Packing for Chile in November
- 8 Lima stopover
- 9 Buenos Aires AND Iguazu Falls?
- 10 Amazon side trip
- 11 travel from el calafate direct to Torres delPaine
- 12 First Trip to Colombia Advice Needed!
- 13 Domestic Flights within Chile
- 14 Argentina ( Junin de Los Andes)in mid January
- 15 Wine tour & transfer from Valparaiso to Santiago Airport
- 16 Uruguay, then Buenos Aires in early March
- 17 Buenos Aires-ideas for side trips
- 18 Santiago - where to stay?
- 19 Need help! Exploring Lakes District, Northern Patagonia, Tierra del Fuego
- 20 Tour guide/ agency
- 21 Patagonia Planning
- 22 Salta/NW Argentina, no car
- 23 March trip to Brazil
- 24 Iguazu Falls -- is Brazil side worth the cost?
- 25 Iguazu Falls -- 2 nights -- do we have it right?