I m travelling from Greece to Peru this september!!And as you all know, with the economical crisis here, I worked v.hard for this trip, and it might not be another similar one, for a long long time!So we want to make sure we are not spending any day to the wrong place.
We are only going to be for 10 solid days in peru, and we want to live the real peru(we speak spanish), far away from too touristic attractions. How many days should we stay in Lima? Should we book a return flight ticket to Cuzco, or we shall try to take a bus as well, and book only a single ticket back to Lima. Are buses safe there? Which other towns or villages should we visit?How should we experience the Machu Picchu?Our friends, that we re travelling with, will do the inca trail with an agency called SAS, but we can t afford to do that moneywise and timewise... Fyi I m an architect, therefore some nice colourful villages and churches will be welcome.
Thank you for your time
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Shopping for sweaters - Quito or Otavalo?
- 2 MP and Torres del Paine on same trip?
- 3 Advice? First SA experience in Ecuador has so far been disappointing
- 4 Sixty days in Colombia
- 5 A brief encounter with Ecuador
- 6 Cajamarca
- 7 Torres del Paine, 3 hotel oprions
- 8 Welltravbrit's Colombia - Statues, Tombs, and Carnaval!
- 9 9 days in Ecuador-need help planning
- 10 Patagonia - Equipment
- 11 Extra two days In Cusco or Lima..Early September
- 12 Chile or Argentina?
- 13 Extra two days in Cusco or Lake Titicaca
- 14 Iguassu Falls footwear?
- 15 Nazca Lines from Pisco or Ica Airport?
- 16 Chile cell phone and sim card advice needed
- 17 What to do with two free nites on arrival in Argentina
- 18 Flights to Northern Peru
- 19 Santiago neighborhood
- 20 Hotels in San Pedro de Atacama?
- 21 Drive or Get Driven? Santiago > Valparaiso
- 22 Backroads or Nat Geo hiking Patagonia
- 23 Hiking in Ecuador: Water and Clothing Advice Please
- 24 CasaCor Lima 2016
- 25 Buenos Aires-ideas for side trips