I m travelling from Greece to Peru this september!!And as you all know, with the economical crisis here, I worked v.hard for this trip, and it might not be another similar one, for a long long time!So we want to make sure we are not spending any day to the wrong place.
We are only going to be for 10 solid days in peru, and we want to live the real peru(we speak spanish), far away from too touristic attractions. How many days should we stay in Lima? Should we book a return flight ticket to Cuzco, or we shall try to take a bus as well, and book only a single ticket back to Lima. Are buses safe there? Which other towns or villages should we visit?How should we experience the Machu Picchu?Our friends, that we re travelling with, will do the inca trail with an agency called SAS, but we can t afford to do that moneywise and timewise... Fyi I m an architect, therefore some nice colourful villages and churches will be welcome.
Thank you for your time
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Chile or Argentina?
- 2 Antarctica on the Vavilov-How to book?
- 3 Spontaneity in Cusco activities possible?
- 4 Peru in December
- 5 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 6 Galápagos Islands: Yacht Angelito
- 7 Tarapoto
- 8 Cusco and Machu Picchu
- 9 Transportation: Cusco Airport to Ollantaytamba train station
- 10 Some Nature/Bird Lodges in Colombia
- 11 Buenos Aires/Argentina 10+ Day, Solo Woman Traveler
- 12 Machu Picchu - any good hiking guide companies?
- 13 A brief encounter with Ecuador
- 14 Extra two days In Cusco or Lima..Early September
- 15 Need some help in getting started-first vacation to South America!
- 16 Hiking in Ecuador: Water and Clothing Advice Please
- 17 Packing for Galapagos Cruise - Lessons Learned
- 18 Campinas and Natal help
- 19 Ecuador Haciendas and Weather
- 20 Getting Visa for U.S. citizen at the border
- 21 Uruguay for wildlife
- 22 A month in Argentina--what would you do?
- 23 Cusco to Ollantaytambo via Salt Flats
- 24 45 days in Colombia - Our Experience
- 25 Ecuador safe travel