my husband and i would like to visit Peru for 9 days in october (16th - 26th) Firstly what are the chances of having rain during that time and also how are the crowds at macchu pichu on a friday or saturday. we will be arriving on a 7am flight into Lima and hoping to catch a 9am flight directly to cuszco with star peru. what are chances of fligts getting cancelled during that time of year due to weather. and is 2 hours enough time to go through immigration and get to the domestic flight. we are also concerned about acclimating to the higher altitude in cusco and having difficulties with altitude sickness. should we try to get to ollyantambo that first day??.. here's a rudimentary itinerary:
Day 1: wed : arrive from lima:take it easy / explore cuszco
Day 2: thurs: cab to olly....stop either in chinchero, moray or pisac for an hour or 2. any recommendations as to which we should do? how much would a cab be? .... should we have the cab wait for us ? wil our luggage be safe?? is there someplace we might be able to leave it while w explore the area?
day 3: MACHU PICHU (taking backpacker train in am /coming back late afternoon. we would like to do huanya picchu. i have a mild fear of heights...can i come back down hlf way trrough if the height prooves too scary for me? would i be inconveniencing other clibmers? also is 7 am or 10 am better .. will there most likely be fog in early am?
day 4: sat: would like to do 1/2 day white water rafting on Urubamaba river ...any recommendations ? how much would it cost? maybe cab back to cuszo later in afternoon
day 5: sun; Cuszo
day 6: mon Cusco
day 7: am flight to Lima . cab to Barranco neigborhood. thinking of staying at second home peru. is that a good base...or too far from everything
day 6: Tue LIMA: explore central district / miraflores
day 7:wed LIMA
day 8: LIMA flying out 12:15 am friday morning
will there be more to do in lima or cusco? any 1/2 day trips from either city we should consider?
sorry for the rambling and thanks in advance for advise/help
Peru Trip Questions/ Itinerary
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Itinerary advice for a 5 week trip to Peru
- 2 RECIFE, where to stay during WORLD CUP??
- 3 Fire in Valparaiso
- 4 HELP!!! Sao Paulo for a day???
- 5 Machu Picchu with a bum knee
- 6 Independence Day in Cuzco
- 7 Ecuador - should we go?
- 8 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 9 Buenos Aires + only 1 Patagonia location
- 10 Back to South America
- 11 Cotopaxi Day Tour
- 12 Travel from Cusco to Tacna by bus
- 13 Peru/Machu Picchu/Cuzco suggestions
- 14 Cusco, Pto Maldonado, Titicaca and Trujillo!
- 15 Driving in Ecuador
- 16 Out travels in Bolivia Peru and Ecuador
- 17 To Buenos Aires and beyond
- 18 Should we book Argentina trip in May 2014?
- 19 2-3 months backpacking trip to Peru, Bolivia, Chile and Buenos Aires
- 20 Brazil/Buzios: Booking bus tickets in advance?
- 21 9 day Itinerary Advice: Lima, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu
- 22 Question about LAN Peru LAX-Cusco
- 23 Sanctuary Lodge vs. Inkaterra
- 24 Questions re. Machu Picchu
- 25 Tips for 1-2 Month trip to South America in June / July