I am a 28 year old woman and am planning a 3 week trip to Buenos Aires, AR & to Cusco, Peru in Oct/Nov & will be traveling alone. I plan on taking some spanish courses during the week with a reputable school but will be exploring more of the cities on my own during the weekends and at night. I am not a virgin traveler, I moved to New Zealand when I was 20 yrs old by myself & also backpacked through Europe for a few months alone for a few months as well. I always felt like these were rather safe countries to travel alone though! Even though I have traveled before on my own, I have always been a little more timid about traveling in South America alone. Also my family & friends have also started to fill my head with all these horrible scenario's & it's really starting to worry me & I have actually been thinking about canceling my trip.
If there are any women out there that have traveled to South America alone, particularly through Argentina & Peru (Machu Picchu) could you please advise me on what your experiences were like and if you felt safe?! Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I am also looking for a good tour company to do a 2 day trek on the Inca Trail if you know of any as well! Thank you so much for your time!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 South American Mix: Easter Island, Machu Picchu, Rio & the Pantanal
- 2 Steaks and Tango - Suggestions Please
- 3 Cartegena - beach or centre for a week?
- 4 Buenos Aires for a month?
- 5 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 6 Cusco and the Sacred Valley
- 7 What to skip in Argentina
- 8 Aboard the Amazon Star
- 9 Peru Sacred Valley Trip - Family of 5
- 10 Argentina before and after Antarctica Itinerary
- 11 Peru: Kaleidoscope of Colors. Amazon Cruise, Machu Picchu, Jungle Lodges
- 12 40th Birthday Trip: Inca Trail, Machu Picchu, Amazon
- 13 Colombia-Brazil-Chile-Bolivia-Peru (Dec'17-Jan'18)
- 14 Looking for photographers in Bogota, Medellin and Cartagena
- 15 Itineraries
- 16 Advice on Chile itinerary
- 17 Torres del Paine from Punta Arenas
- 18 Itinerary Help Argentina Chile Patagonia in 23 days
- 19 Torres Del Paine - total 2 weeks in Chile
- 20 Please help with Peru itinerary
- 21 Machu picchu with a toddler and baby
- 22 3.5 days in Rio
- 23 Iguaçu Falls fast trip
- 24 One month free to travel in February
- 25 Transportation in Ecuador