I am a 28 year old woman and am planning a 3 week trip to Buenos Aires, AR & to Cusco, Peru in Oct/Nov & will be traveling alone. I plan on taking some spanish courses during the week with a reputable school but will be exploring more of the cities on my own during the weekends and at night. I am not a virgin traveler, I moved to New Zealand when I was 20 yrs old by myself & also backpacked through Europe for a few months alone for a few months as well. I always felt like these were rather safe countries to travel alone though! Even though I have traveled before on my own, I have always been a little more timid about traveling in South America alone. Also my family & friends have also started to fill my head with all these horrible scenario's & it's really starting to worry me & I have actually been thinking about canceling my trip.
If there are any women out there that have traveled to South America alone, particularly through Argentina & Peru (Machu Picchu) could you please advise me on what your experiences were like and if you felt safe?! Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I am also looking for a good tour company to do a 2 day trek on the Inca Trail if you know of any as well! Thank you so much for your time!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Trip Report - 2 Weeks in Peru, July 2016
- 2 visiting Patagonia on cruise ship vs land trip
- 3 Posting Again...any info on Macae, Brazil..100+ miles north of Rio?
- 4 Customs/Immigration Buenos Aires
- 5 Making the most of Montevideo
- 6 Peru transport questioins
- 7 Kudos - Brazilian Visa service = FAST
- 8 Packing for 2.5 months in Buenos Aires
- 9 Oasis Collection - Apartments in Buenos Aires
- 10 Insect repellent recommendations
- 11 Is Nat Geo Family Odyssey to Galapagos truly kid-friendly
- 12 Places to eat like a local
- 13 Galapagos
- 14 Chile Trekking options
- 15 Sunday Brunch at Alvear Palace with Avrooster
- 16 Ecuador - Tap Water Question
- 17 Taxi Ezeiza - BEWARE!
- 18 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 19 Fifteenth
- 20 Four Days in Buenos Aires
- 21 Patagonia w/out Guide
- 22 Suggestions for Antarctica/Patagonia Tour Operator
- 23 LAN Stopover in Lima
- 24 Sixty days in Colombia
- 25 Packing advice for weather