I am a 28 year old woman and am planning a 3 week trip to Buenos Aires, AR & to Cusco, Peru in Oct/Nov & will be traveling alone. I plan on taking some spanish courses during the week with a reputable school but will be exploring more of the cities on my own during the weekends and at night. I am not a virgin traveler, I moved to New Zealand when I was 20 yrs old by myself & also backpacked through Europe for a few months alone for a few months as well. I always felt like these were rather safe countries to travel alone though! Even though I have traveled before on my own, I have always been a little more timid about traveling in South America alone. Also my family & friends have also started to fill my head with all these horrible scenario's & it's really starting to worry me & I have actually been thinking about canceling my trip.
If there are any women out there that have traveled to South America alone, particularly through Argentina & Peru (Machu Picchu) could you please advise me on what your experiences were like and if you felt safe?! Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I am also looking for a good tour company to do a 2 day trek on the Inca Trail if you know of any as well! Thank you so much for your time!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 YAHOO @Password Reset CONTACT 1:800 982 8520Techni* SUPP0RT
- 2 Cusco to La Paz Priorities: Puno VS Copacabana VS La Paz VS Coroico
- 3 Brazilian Visa Documents - Help!
- 4 Huacachina, Peru
- 5 Which Amazon area/lodge in Peru?
- 6 3 days precruise-stay in Santiago all 3 or 2 SCL and 1 Valparaiso?
- 7 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 8 Is the Perito Moreno Glacier worth paying $200+ to walk on?
- 9 Trip Report - First time in Buenos Aires/Iguazu Falls/Rio de Janeiro
- 10 Pantanal Lodges
- 11 What's all the hype about Buenos Aires?
- 12 Manaus
- 13 where to stay Buenos Aires
- 14 Renting a car in Patagonia
- 15 Avianca business class
- 16 Suenos Aires, Argentina vs Lisbon, Portugal
- 17 No exit stamp from Brazil, no entry stamp in Paraguay, help!!
- 18 Best BA neighborhood to stay in?
- 19 Argentina in 15 days with a toddler: Trip report!
- 20 Can a Europhile Find Happiness in Argentina and Chile?
- 21 Trip Report Chile: A Country of Diverse and Amazing Beauty...
- 22 How many days in Medellin area?
- 23 Looking for photographers in Bogota, Medellin and Cartagena
- 24 60-yr old female going solo to Rio - itinerary
- 25 Argentinian Honeymoon