I am a 28 year old woman and am planning a 3 week trip to Buenos Aires, AR & to Cusco, Peru in Oct/Nov & will be traveling alone. I plan on taking some spanish courses during the week with a reputable school but will be exploring more of the cities on my own during the weekends and at night. I am not a virgin traveler, I moved to New Zealand when I was 20 yrs old by myself & also backpacked through Europe for a few months alone for a few months as well. I always felt like these were rather safe countries to travel alone though! Even though I have traveled before on my own, I have always been a little more timid about traveling in South America alone. Also my family & friends have also started to fill my head with all these horrible scenario's & it's really starting to worry me & I have actually been thinking about canceling my trip.
If there are any women out there that have traveled to South America alone, particularly through Argentina & Peru (Machu Picchu) could you please advise me on what your experiences were like and if you felt safe?! Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I am also looking for a good tour company to do a 2 day trek on the Inca Trail if you know of any as well! Thank you so much for your time!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 South American city for 2 female travelers to visit mid June?
- 2 Best BA neighborhood to stay in?
- 3 Machu Picchu train - luggage limits?
- 4 Cruz del Sur bus - Lima to Paracas
- 5 One week in Cartagena?
- 6 Can USA citizens avoid hotel taxes?
- 7 Lunahuana
- 8 Lima-Cusco-Ollantaytambo-Machu Picchu first timers
- 9 Hiking Tour Companies - Machu Picchu & Chile
- 10 Argentina in 15 days with a toddler: Trip report!
- 11 Cordoba-scenic small towns nearby
- 12 Family Adventure in Ecuador
- 13 Exploring the cities of Ecuador's Andes
- 14 Choquequirao Questions
- 15 Trip Report to BsAs and Patagonia (With Pics and Vids)
- 16 MARCHU PICCHU
- 17 Santiago > Valparaiso: worth driving?
- 18 What type of currency for Bolivia
- 19 Cordoba horseback riding day trip
- 20 Thoughts on our itinerary?
- 21 Agency to purchase tickets to US
- 22 Chile/Patagonia/Torres del Paine/Valparaiso
- 23 Ecuador Pure Life (tour operator) - very negative experience
- 24 Need Dinner recommendations for 12 Peru trip
- 25 Another Brazil Visa Application Form question!