I am a 28 year old woman and am planning a 3 week trip to Buenos Aires, AR & to Cusco, Peru in Oct/Nov & will be traveling alone. I plan on taking some spanish courses during the week with a reputable school but will be exploring more of the cities on my own during the weekends and at night. I am not a virgin traveler, I moved to New Zealand when I was 20 yrs old by myself & also backpacked through Europe for a few months alone for a few months as well. I always felt like these were rather safe countries to travel alone though! Even though I have traveled before on my own, I have always been a little more timid about traveling in South America alone. Also my family & friends have also started to fill my head with all these horrible scenario's & it's really starting to worry me & I have actually been thinking about canceling my trip.
If there are any women out there that have traveled to South America alone, particularly through Argentina & Peru (Machu Picchu) could you please advise me on what your experiences were like and if you felt safe?! Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I am also looking for a good tour company to do a 2 day trek on the Inca Trail if you know of any as well! Thank you so much for your time!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Peru Trip Report-Lima, Paracas, Cusco
- 2 Trip Report - 2 Weeks in Peru, July 2016
- 3 Need Lima restaurant recs
- 4 Southern Bolivia from Northwest Argentina?
- 5 Spring Break Trip to Peru in Mid-March!
- 6 Beach walk in Rio - Copacabana or Ipanema?
- 7 Expat meet up.
- 8 Mindo places with comfortable beds and flexible menus?
- 9 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 10 Ecuador weather forecast - is it accurate?
- 11 Exciting Times in Colombia
- 12 Day Trip Ideas from Rio...
- 13 Best place to exchange USD for Peso
- 14 Galapagos - 11 full days
- 15 Sixty days in Colombia
- 16 Video from Chile (Chiloé & Volcan Calbuco)
- 17 Colca Canyon Earthquake
- 18 Sketching Out a Rough Itinerary - First Trip to South America
- 19 2 Weeks in Colombia & the Galapagos Islands
- 20 Car rental El Calafate and drop off in Chile
- 21 Lima Foodie Resource(s)
- 22 Argentina - Day trips in Ushuaia
- 23 Iguazu Falls -- 2 nights -- do we have it right?
- 24 Booking sites - HELP! Don't want to be scammed
- 25 summer olympics in Rio