Here is the first draft my itinerary for a trip to Argentina and Bolivia.
I realise that my start point might easily also be Santiago instead of BA.
Initially, I would like to know how much time is required for the trip - I'm estimating about 22 - 26 days in total.
Arrive: Buenos Aires / Santiago
San Pedro de Atacama
Salar de Uyani
Livichuco / Sucre
Depart: Lima / La Paz
Would there be any benefit from taking in an estancia stay whilst in Argentina? Are these any good, or overly expensive?
Is the citadel of Quilmes worth a visit?
Do I do Livichuco and/or Surce?
Am I overlooking anything inbetween, that might be worth seeing/doing?
Is the cycle down death road something to experience?
I've been to both BA and Santiago before and have seen TdeP and the glaciers near el calafate.
Any feedback appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Best Trek in Peru? (Huayhuash Circuit vs Inca Trail)
- 2 Bariloche car rental
- 3 Avenue of Volcanoes
- 4 Trip Report: Studying Spanish in Quito and Cuenca 2007
- 5 Seek Suggestions on Trip to Machu Picchu
- 6 Galapagos and Machu Pichu Itinerary Suggestions
- 7 Machu Picchu in January
- 8 Dining in Medellin
- 9 Medellin's hidden Parque is lovely
- 10 Travel with Children to Galapagos
- 11 Christmastime in Santiago/Valparaiso - what to do, where to stay
- 12 Colca Canyon Earthquake
- 13 Rainbow Mountain (Vinicunca), Peru
- 14 10 days in Santiago, Easter Islands, San pedro de atacama, doable?
- 15 santiago chile area
- 16 Beach walk in Rio - Copacabana or Ipanema?
- 17 Reflections on our South America trip
- 18 One Day in Santiago/Tour Guide
- 19 Driving from Santiago to Peurto Montt
- 20 Chile: first cut a travel plan
- 21 Argentina and Bolivia in February and March?
- 22 visit in the area of Campinas,Brazil and weather
- 23 Buying show tickets to Cafe Tortoni
- 24 Iguazu Falls-"Best" Way to Reach/See
- 25 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta