Here is the first draft my itinerary for a trip to Argentina and Bolivia.
I realise that my start point might easily also be Santiago instead of BA.
Initially, I would like to know how much time is required for the trip - I'm estimating about 22 - 26 days in total.
Arrive: Buenos Aires / Santiago
San Pedro de Atacama
Salar de Uyani
Livichuco / Sucre
Depart: Lima / La Paz
Would there be any benefit from taking in an estancia stay whilst in Argentina? Are these any good, or overly expensive?
Is the citadel of Quilmes worth a visit?
Do I do Livichuco and/or Surce?
Am I overlooking anything inbetween, that might be worth seeing/doing?
Is the cycle down death road something to experience?
I've been to both BA and Santiago before and have seen TdeP and the glaciers near el calafate.
Any feedback appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 2 Drive or Get Driven? Santiago > Valparaiso
- 3 Extra two days in Cusco or Lake Titicaca
- 4 Buenos Aires hotel for 2 nights
- 5 Lima Foodie Resource(s)
- 6 Brazil. Reading lists
- 7 Cusco to Ollantaytambo via Salt Flats
- 8 Any suggestions for tour companies for Inca Trail Trek to MP?
- 9 9 days in Ecuador-need help planning
- 10 Buenos Aires-ideas for side trips
- 11 Self Drive from BsAs to Tierra del Fuego
- 12 Suggested driving route Lima to Huaraz?
- 13 Cajamarca
- 14 Choquequirao Questions
- 15 Advice? First SA experience in Ecuador has so far been disappointing
- 16 Amazon and the Inca Trail
- 17 What to do with two free nites on arrival in Argentina
- 18 South America 2 Months Itinery
- 19 Finalizing Patagonia Itinerary-Suggestions?
- 20 Torres del Paine, 3 hotel oprions
- 21 5 day Galapagos cruise in Nov
- 22 Our ATMs to give 500 and 100 peso bills
- 23 Sixty days in Colombia
- 24 Machu Picchu - NatGeo vs. OAT
- 25 Taking the Bus Santiago Airport to Valpo