Would appreciate any advice anyone can offer for the above!
Travelling from Australia around S America for 2 months.
It seems US dollars in cash would be a good idea, but I'm not keen to take too much cash. Thinking to take maybe $200 cash and for the rest use my credit card to pay or withdraw from ATMs with.
The other option is a cash passport. Has anyone used a cash passport in USD around S America? How widely is it accepted?
Thanks in advance for any replies!!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Peru's Amazon and the Heat - Iquitos Ceiba Tops Lodge vs. Puerto Maldonado
- 2 galapagos island
- 3 Thinking of OAT trip to Machu Picchu, Galapagos and Amazon Rain Forest
- 4 Questions Regarding Buenos Aires
- 5 christmas in buenos aires
- 6 Changing money upon arrival in Buenos Aires
- 7 Advantages of bringing cash to Argentina
- 8 10-12 week Backpacking Trip in South America
- 9 Best Latin American countries!
- 10 Peru in Late February?
- 11 Sao Paulo
- 12 Patagonia Trip Reports / El Chaltén
- 13 (Santiago/Valpo done)---Mendoza help please!
- 14 Salud !
- 15 Cartagena
- 16 Peru domestic airline layover time
- 17 anyone stayed at Alta Piazza in Buenos Aries?
- 18 OAT trip to Columbia?
- 19 Best Bus Company to Iguazu Falls
- 20 ferry: Buenos Aires to Colonia del Sacramento
- 21 Transportation from El Calafate to Puerto Natales
- 22 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 23 Galapagos Island
- 24 Land Based Galapagos Was the Right Choice for Me.
- 25 Puno to Lima
best way to carry currency for 8 week trip in south america?