Would appreciate any advice anyone can offer for the above!
Travelling from Australia around S America for 2 months.
It seems US dollars in cash would be a good idea, but I'm not keen to take too much cash. Thinking to take maybe $200 cash and for the rest use my credit card to pay or withdraw from ATMs with.
The other option is a cash passport. Has anyone used a cash passport in USD around S America? How widely is it accepted?
Thanks in advance for any replies!!
best way to carry currency for 8 week trip in south america?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 I need some help about bringing some stuffs to Brazil
- 2 Trip report/blog - Machu Picchu and the Amazon Rainforest
- 3 Ecuador - should we go?
- 4 Amazon River & surrounds: How much is practical in 3 weeks?
- 5 Santiago 2 days
- 6 itinerary suggestions for peru- 1 month trip?
- 7 Villa de Leyva, Colombia´s colonial gem
- 8 Pantanal or rurrenbaque?
- 9 Colombia´s Lake Guatavita and the search for El Dorado
- 10 Cachi-Cafayate 9-10 August. Looking to share car rental costs
- 11 3 Months South America: Argentina - Bolivia - Peru. Ideas?
- 12 Obtaining a visa while abroad
- 13 Lodge in Pantanal
- 14 Pantanal on your own
- 15 Visa Question: U.S. Citizen Flying from Brazil to Bolivia
- 16 2 weeks in Argentina - end of Nov. to early Dec.
- 17 Valparaiso Hotels - which one to stay in March??
- 18 14 days in Brazil mid-december through New Year's Eve- help please
- 19 Patagonia...You took our breath away
- 20 Buying a one way ticket into South America
- 21 Cell phone in Brazil
- 22 10 Full Days in Peru
- 23 Fly to Fernando de Noronha
- 24 10 day itinerary questions
- 25 Huayna Picchu Vs. Machu Picchu Mountain?