Would appreciate any advice anyone can offer for the above!
Travelling from Australia around S America for 2 months.
It seems US dollars in cash would be a good idea, but I'm not keen to take too much cash. Thinking to take maybe $200 cash and for the rest use my credit card to pay or withdraw from ATMs with.
The other option is a cash passport. Has anyone used a cash passport in USD around S America? How widely is it accepted?
Thanks in advance for any replies!!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 cruises now coming/going from San Antonio instead of Valparaiso
- 2 Please help with Peru itinerary
- 3 Puzzled by altitude sickness
- 4 Brazil
- 5 Visa for Brazil/canadian applying/Help!!!!
- 6 Palermo-Soho Hotel in Buenos Aires?
- 7 Best way to get from airport in Santiago to Ibis hotel in Valparaiso
- 8 Peru Trip for the Family
- 9 Argentina before and after Antarctica Itinerary
- 10 Peru Sacred Valley Trip - Family of 5
- 11 Patagonia itinerary advice
- 12 1.5 days in Rio
- 13 If it's Tuesday, it must be Patagonia...need itinerary help
- 14 Galapagos tours
- 15 Authentic Peruvian Community
- 16 Travel to Salta/Jujuy
- 17 Patagonia Hike/Travel/Explore
- 18 2 weeks trip
- 19 semi weird question re Peru Currency
- 20 Bus travel between El Chalten and El Calafate
- 21 10 Nights in Central Chile and on Rapa Nui
- 22 Where to stay in Bariloche
- 23 WEBJET
- 24 Iguazu and Iguaçu
- 25 Good women's hairgresser in Santiago?
best way to carry currency for 8 week trip in south america?