Would appreciate any advice anyone can offer for the above!
Travelling from Australia around S America for 2 months.
It seems US dollars in cash would be a good idea, but I'm not keen to take too much cash. Thinking to take maybe $200 cash and for the rest use my credit card to pay or withdraw from ATMs with.
The other option is a cash passport. Has anyone used a cash passport in USD around S America? How widely is it accepted?
Thanks in advance for any replies!!
best way to carry currency for 8 week trip in south america?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 2 In Celebration of Retiring: A Luxe Trip to Peru
- 3 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South
- 4 Car rental in Patagonia
- 5 Itinerary Feedback
- 6 Lima to Foz
- 7 Chile Private Tour
- 8 Language study in Brazil
- 9 Columbia Questions
- 10 Your tips on Galapagos 2015 for Single Traveler
- 11 Chile reciprocity fee - Canadian citizens
- 12 Argentina Holiday Help
- 13 itinerary Help for Peru with Kids
- 14 driving up the coast from rio de janeiro to salvador
- 15 Chile - IVA Tax
- 16 Christmas present to Cusco?
- 17 Trip Report
- 18 arpilleras - where to buy ?
- 19 Astrid y Gaston, Lima, Peru: A mini trip report for foodies only
- 20 Cusco, Pto Maldonado, Titicaca and Trujillo!
- 21 Chile, Brazil and New York Trip report - live
- 22 flights from Buenos Aires to Iguazu Falls
- 23 3 Days Extra in NW Argentina
- 24 Need help. Anyone?Amazon (Brazil)
- 25 1st South American adventure