Would appreciate any advice anyone can offer for the above!
Travelling from Australia around S America for 2 months.
It seems US dollars in cash would be a good idea, but I'm not keen to take too much cash. Thinking to take maybe $200 cash and for the rest use my credit card to pay or withdraw from ATMs with.
The other option is a cash passport. Has anyone used a cash passport in USD around S America? How widely is it accepted?
Thanks in advance for any replies!!
best way to carry currency for 8 week trip in south america?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Argentina trip over Christmas and New Years
- 2 60 Hours in Buenos Aires: Blue Dollar Heaven
- 3 First Leg of retirement Triperu
- 4 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 5 Christmas in Cusco
- 6 Patagonia Trip Report: Kayaking, Riding and Hiking in the South
- 7 Cartagena: enough for 4-6 days?
- 8 Where to stay in Rio before a Cruise?
- 9 transportation in Brazil
- 10 Advice, recommendations and guidance
- 11 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 12 Patagonia Chile
- 13 Blue dollars in Argentina
- 14 Easter Island flight delays?
- 15 argentina & brazil
- 16 Colombia, Safe Travels from Cartagena to Santa Marta Area
- 17 Beware of G Adventures Galapagos tour guides!
- 18 A couple days outside of Buenos Aires
- 19 Brazilian music
- 20 Ecuador 5 to 6 weeks
- 21 Colombia Trip Report - Very Long
- 22 Itinerary Help Peru>Bolivia>Chile>Argentina>Brazil
- 23 HELP! Seeking a teaching job down south
- 24 The WSJ says it is cheap to eat out in BA - So, what's new????
- 25 Worth staying extra night in Buenos Aires, esp Monday night?