Would appreciate any advice anyone can offer for the above!
Travelling from Australia around S America for 2 months.
It seems US dollars in cash would be a good idea, but I'm not keen to take too much cash. Thinking to take maybe $200 cash and for the rest use my credit card to pay or withdraw from ATMs with.
The other option is a cash passport. Has anyone used a cash passport in USD around S America? How widely is it accepted?
Thanks in advance for any replies!!
best way to carry currency for 8 week trip in south america?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Senior Citizen's wonderful trip to Sacred Valley thanks to Great Tour Guide
- 2 Tupiza to Tilcara
- 3 Peru and Brazil: A South American Adventure
- 4 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 5 Wet suits in Galapagos
- 6 8 Days in Peru
- 7 Hostels in Oruro during Carnaval?
- 8 Travel with my boyfriend of 4 years to Brazil!
- 9 Anniversary of 9/11/01
- 10 2 weeks Ecuador, no car, flying to Guayaquil, most accessible places to go?
- 11 Transportation in Ecuador
- 12 NW of Argentina
- 13 adventure tour on the Amazon
- 14 Amazon Rainforest Indigenous Peoples
- 15 Ten days in Ecuador
- 16 amazon jungle trips
- 17 Amazon lodges or cruises
- 18 Trip report/blog - Machu Picchu and the Amazon Rainforest
- 19 Urgent Help Required Regarding International Transit Through Brazil.
- 20 Lost andean immigration card for Ecuador - problem on exit?
- 21 Dollars, sols or credit cards in Peru?
- 22 Peru versus Bolivia
- 23 Need advise for Argentina and surrounding areas in May??
- 24 Enchanting-South America-tour companies
- 25 altitude sickness (Bolivia vs. Peru)