Would appreciate any advice anyone can offer for the above!
Travelling from Australia around S America for 2 months.
It seems US dollars in cash would be a good idea, but I'm not keen to take too much cash. Thinking to take maybe $200 cash and for the rest use my credit card to pay or withdraw from ATMs with.
The other option is a cash passport. Has anyone used a cash passport in USD around S America? How widely is it accepted?
Thanks in advance for any replies!!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 South America 2 Months Itinery
- 2 Finalizing Patagonia Itinerary-Suggestions?
- 3 Torres del Paine, 3 hotel oprions
- 4 5 day Galapagos cruise in Nov
- 5 http://www.prohealthguides.com/fitcrew-usa-xtreme-testrone/
- 6 What to do with two free nites on arrival in Argentina
- 7 Advice? First SA experience in Ecuador has so far been disappointing
- 8 Our ATMs to give 500 and 100 peso bills
- 9 Suggested driving route Lima to Huaraz?
- 10 Sixty days in Colombia
- 11 Machu Picchu - NatGeo vs. OAT
- 12 Taking the Bus Santiago Airport to Valpo
- 13 MP and Torres del Paine on same trip?
- 14 Steak house rec in Buenos Aires near Recoleta
- 15 Choquequirao Questions
- 16 12 Day Peru Itinerary Help
- 17 Shopping for sweaters - Quito or Otavalo?
- 18 A brief encounter with Ecuador
- 19 Cajamarca
- 20 Welltravbrit's Colombia - Statues, Tombs, and Carnaval!
- 21 9 days in Ecuador-need help planning
- 22 Patagonia - Equipment
- 23 Extra two days In Cusco or Lima..Early September
- 24 Chile or Argentina?
- 25 Extra two days in Cusco or Lake Titicaca
best way to carry currency for 8 week trip in south america?