Would appreciate any advice anyone can offer for the above!
Travelling from Australia around S America for 2 months.
It seems US dollars in cash would be a good idea, but I'm not keen to take too much cash. Thinking to take maybe $200 cash and for the rest use my credit card to pay or withdraw from ATMs with.
The other option is a cash passport. Has anyone used a cash passport in USD around S America? How widely is it accepted?
Thanks in advance for any replies!!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Driving tips and suggestions for Torres del Paine
- 2 Help with 3 Week Itinerary
- 3 2 Weeks in South America- Need advice
- 4 Itinerary - Peru, Bolivia, Argentina Query
- 5 zika to cancel or not to cancel
- 6 The Travel Cartel Go to Colombia
- 7 some practical tips for Buenos Aires and day trips
- 8 Itinerary help - Argentina and....?
- 9 Ecuador, Places to shop
- 10 Only one day in Quito recommendations.
- 11 3 Days/2 Night Treks to Machu Picchu
- 12 Sacred Valley/Inca Trail April 2015 Trip Report
- 13 Booking the Grey Glacier Boat Tour
- 14 Volunteering in South America, maybe Peru?
- 15 Atacama and ????
- 16 Departure Tax leaving Colombia
- 17 Travel to Peru in 2 weeks
- 18 How Long Before departure @Bogota Airport Arrival Time
- 19 Tarapoto
- 20 First Time In South America Itinerary
- 21 Patagonia!
- 22 South america to Easter Island then to Tahiti
- 23 Travel from Valparaiso, Chile to Santiago.
- 24 Advantages of bringing cash to Argentina
- 25 Interested in opinions on Chile itinerary
best way to carry currency for 8 week trip in south america?