Would appreciate any advice anyone can offer for the above!
Travelling from Australia around S America for 2 months.
It seems US dollars in cash would be a good idea, but I'm not keen to take too much cash. Thinking to take maybe $200 cash and for the rest use my credit card to pay or withdraw from ATMs with.
The other option is a cash passport. Has anyone used a cash passport in USD around S America? How widely is it accepted?
Thanks in advance for any replies!!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Machu Picchu in January
- 2 I Didn't Get Killed in Rio: Our Travels in Peru, Brazil, and Ecuador
- 3 Two day stay in Lima
- 4 Best beach town for Jan- Feb trip
- 5 Cities near santiago chile?
- 6 Iguazu logistics and rental car?
- 7 Leftover Argentine Pesos - where to sell?
- 8 Van from Cusco to Ollantaytambo
- 9 June travel in the Galapagos, Andean Ecuador, and Machu Picchu
- 10 Uyuni Salar Tour Company
- 11 Trip Evacuation Insurance for the Galapagos
- 12 Travelers insurance in Patagonia - need it?
- 13 Huayna Picchu Vs. Machu Picchu Mountain?
- 14 60 day Trip to South America
- 15 3 week itinerary for Peru
- 16 Ups and downs of our trip to Peru--from Machu Picchu to LIM airport floor
- 17 Buenos Aires
- 18 Buenos Aires with bad knee
- 19 Hotels in Argentina
- 20 Patagonia August 29 - September 7
- 21 Help! No Idea Where to Go.
- 22 Need itinerary advice for one month trip
- 23 Cusco Airport to Tierra Viva Cusco Plaza hotel
- 24 Peru itinerary
- 25 Questions On Packing For Patagonia
best way to carry currency for 8 week trip in south america?