Would appreciate any advice anyone can offer for the above!
Travelling from Australia around S America for 2 months.
It seems US dollars in cash would be a good idea, but I'm not keen to take too much cash. Thinking to take maybe $200 cash and for the rest use my credit card to pay or withdraw from ATMs with.
The other option is a cash passport. Has anyone used a cash passport in USD around S America? How widely is it accepted?
Thanks in advance for any replies!!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Younger Looking Skin> http://nuvieskincareserum.com/radiant-allure/
- 2 Travel to Salta/Jujuy
- 3 Argentina with a touch of Chile and some help needed
- 4 Cusco area and Machu Picchu guide
- 5 Buenos Aires Hotels for 4 nights in early November
- 6 Argentina vs Chile
- 7 Best BA neighborhood to stay in?
- 8 Is the Perito Moreno Glacier worth paying $200+ to walk on?
- 9 Galápagos Islands: Yacht Angelito
- 10 Avianca business class
- 11 Planning Argentina Trip
- 12 Trip Report Chile: A Country of Diverse and Amazing Beauty...
- 13 where to stay Buenos Aires
- 14 Aboard the Amazon Star
- 15 Feria de las flores
- 16 Which Amazon area/lodge in Peru?
- 17 Brazilian Visa Documents - Help!
- 18 Escaping the northern hemisphere winter in the Santiago area?
- 19 comments
- 20 Cusco to La Paz Priorities: Puno VS Copacabana VS La Paz VS Coroico
- 21 3 days precruise-stay in Santiago all 3 or 2 SCL and 1 Valparaiso?
- 22 Huacachina, Peru
- 23 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 24 Trip Report - First time in Buenos Aires/Iguazu Falls/Rio de Janeiro
- 25 Pantanal Lodges
best way to carry currency for 8 week trip in south america?