Would appreciate any advice anyone can offer for the above!
Travelling from Australia around S America for 2 months.
It seems US dollars in cash would be a good idea, but I'm not keen to take too much cash. Thinking to take maybe $200 cash and for the rest use my credit card to pay or withdraw from ATMs with.
The other option is a cash passport. Has anyone used a cash passport in USD around S America? How widely is it accepted?
Thanks in advance for any replies!!
best way to carry currency for 8 week trip in south america?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Air Conditioning in Valparaiso?
- 2 Gifts to Bring to Peru
- 3 Cruise stop over in Lima
- 4 14 days in Brazil mid-december through New Year's Eve- help please
- 5 Santiago and Puerto Montt in a week
- 6 Hotel Suggestions Buenos Aires La Recoleta
- 7 Pantanal on your own
- 8 Obtaining a visa while abroad
- 9 I need some help about bringing some stuffs to Brazil
- 10 Trip report/blog - Machu Picchu and the Amazon Rainforest
- 11 Ecuador - should we go?
- 12 Amazon River & surrounds: How much is practical in 3 weeks?
- 13 Santiago 2 days
- 14 itinerary suggestions for peru- 1 month trip?
- 15 Villa de Leyva, Colombia´s colonial gem
- 16 Pantanal or rurrenbaque?
- 17 Colombia´s Lake Guatavita and the search for El Dorado
- 18 Cachi-Cafayate 9-10 August. Looking to share car rental costs
- 19 3 Months South America: Argentina - Bolivia - Peru. Ideas?
- 20 Lodge in Pantanal
- 21 Visa Question: U.S. Citizen Flying from Brazil to Bolivia
- 22 2 weeks in Argentina - end of Nov. to early Dec.
- 23 Valparaiso Hotels - which one to stay in March??
- 24 Patagonia...You took our breath away
- 25 Buying a one way ticket into South America