Would appreciate any advice anyone can offer for the above!
Travelling from Australia around S America for 2 months.
It seems US dollars in cash would be a good idea, but I'm not keen to take too much cash. Thinking to take maybe $200 cash and for the rest use my credit card to pay or withdraw from ATMs with.
The other option is a cash passport. Has anyone used a cash passport in USD around S America? How widely is it accepted?
Thanks in advance for any replies!!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 2 Lima Foodie Resource(s)
- 3 Brazil. Reading lists
- 4 Buenos Aires hotel for 2 nights
- 5 Cusco to Ollantaytambo via Salt Flats
- 6 Any suggestions for tour companies for Inca Trail Trek to MP?
- 7 9 days in Ecuador-need help planning
- 8 Buenos Aires-ideas for side trips
- 9 Self Drive from BsAs to Tierra del Fuego
- 10 Suggested driving route Lima to Huaraz?
- 11 Cajamarca
- 12 Choquequirao Questions
- 13 Advice? First SA experience in Ecuador has so far been disappointing
- 14 Amazon and the Inca Trail
- 15 What to do with two free nites on arrival in Argentina
- 16 South America 2 Months Itinery
- 17 Finalizing Patagonia Itinerary-Suggestions?
- 18 Torres del Paine, 3 hotel oprions
- 19 5 day Galapagos cruise in Nov
- 20 Our ATMs to give 500 and 100 peso bills
- 21 Sixty days in Colombia
- 22 Machu Picchu - NatGeo vs. OAT
- 23 Taking the Bus Santiago Airport to Valpo
- 24 MP and Torres del Paine on same trip?
- 25 Steak house rec in Buenos Aires near Recoleta
best way to carry currency for 8 week trip in south america?