Would appreciate any advice anyone can offer for the above!
Travelling from Australia around S America for 2 months.
It seems US dollars in cash would be a good idea, but I'm not keen to take too much cash. Thinking to take maybe $200 cash and for the rest use my credit card to pay or withdraw from ATMs with.
The other option is a cash passport. Has anyone used a cash passport in USD around S America? How widely is it accepted?
Thanks in advance for any replies!!
best way to carry currency for 8 week trip in south america?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Wet suits in Galapagos
- 2 8 Days in Peru
- 3 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 4 Dollars, sols or credit cards in Peru?
- 5 Ten days in Ecuador
- 6 Travel with my boyfriend of 4 years to Brazil!
- 7 Anniversary of 9/11/01
- 8 2 weeks Ecuador, no car, flying to Guayaquil, most accessible places to go?
- 9 Peru and Brazil: A South American Adventure
- 10 Transportation in Ecuador
- 11 NW of Argentina
- 12 adventure tour on the Amazon
- 13 Amazon Rainforest Indigenous Peoples
- 14 amazon jungle trips
- 15 Amazon lodges or cruises
- 16 Trip report/blog - Machu Picchu and the Amazon Rainforest
- 17 Urgent Help Required Regarding International Transit Through Brazil.
- 18 Lost andean immigration card for Ecuador - problem on exit?
- 19 Peru versus Bolivia
- 20 Need advise for Argentina and surrounding areas in May??
- 21 Enchanting-South America-tour companies
- 22 altitude sickness (Bolivia vs. Peru)
- 23 Need help in where to stay in Mendoza in December
- 24 Using Internet for Finances in South America
- 25 Flight to El Calafate for one day