Would appreciate any advice anyone can offer for the above!
Travelling from Australia around S America for 2 months.
It seems US dollars in cash would be a good idea, but I'm not keen to take too much cash. Thinking to take maybe $200 cash and for the rest use my credit card to pay or withdraw from ATMs with.
The other option is a cash passport. Has anyone used a cash passport in USD around S America? How widely is it accepted?
Thanks in advance for any replies!!
best way to carry currency for 8 week trip in south america?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Ecuador - Amazon Basin Trip
- 2 Local tour companies in Bolivia
- 3 Reality check for 8 day trip to Peru in May
- 4 First time to Chile for 2 weeks March/April
- 5 Easter Day in Rio
- 6 2-weeks trip to Chile, itinerary review
- 7 Patagonia tour
- 8 Touring Iguazu Falls
- 9 Patagonia tour in April
- 10 Patagonia tour
- 11 NatGeo Patagonia trip
- 12 Travel to Rio de Janeiro
- 13 Brazil: Bonito/Pantanal : Manaus Guide Recommendations
- 14 Best Peru Tours Review Needed
- 15 What phone works in Peru and Ecuador
- 16 Help! No Idea Where to Go.
- 17 iguazu falls, macchu Picchu and patagonia?
- 18 Argentina ininerary November 2015
- 19 Ecuador 5 to 6 weeks
- 20 Your tips on Galapagos 2015 for Single Traveler
- 21 GALAPAGOS ISLANDS
- 22 Headed to Bogota and Villa de Leyva next week!
- 23 Interesting places to eat in BA?
- 24 Peru and Galapagos Islands Itinerary Feedback and Suggestions
- 25 Help with Patagonia planning