Would appreciate any advice anyone can offer for the above!
Travelling from Australia around S America for 2 months.
It seems US dollars in cash would be a good idea, but I'm not keen to take too much cash. Thinking to take maybe $200 cash and for the rest use my credit card to pay or withdraw from ATMs with.
The other option is a cash passport. Has anyone used a cash passport in USD around S America? How widely is it accepted?
Thanks in advance for any replies!!
best way to carry currency for 8 week trip in south america?
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Peruvian Amazon
- 2 Need Police Report from Santiago!
- 3 10 days in mid-late May 2015!
- 4 Salar de Uyuni: a guide
- 5 Anyone traveled with Manu Peru Amazon Tour Company?
- 6 Best plan for 6 days between Cuenca and Quito?
- 7 Volcano erupts in Chile near Puerto Varas and Puerto Montt
- 8 URGENT! Call your airline!
- 9 Columbia Local Beer
- 10 Solo backpacking in Argentina and Chile
- 11 El Calafate/Torres del Paine 7 day Itinerary Help
- 12 Is Guayaquil the new tourist discovery in Ecuador?
- 13 10 days in Argentina
- 14 february/march- where to go?
- 15 Sacred Valley spread over four days--need input on itinerary!
- 16 driving to salvador
- 17 Bogota, Providencia and Where Else?
- 18 Beginning-to-start to plan Colombia for July 2015
- 19 Peru, help cutting costs
- 20 cartagena , columbia
- 21 Peru Itinerary Help
- 22 One spare day in our itinerary - where should it go?
- 23 10 days backpacking in Peru
- 24 Antofogasta or Calama ? And which month ?
- 25 Birding in Mindo