Would appreciate any advice anyone can offer for the above!
Travelling from Australia around S America for 2 months.
It seems US dollars in cash would be a good idea, but I'm not keen to take too much cash. Thinking to take maybe $200 cash and for the rest use my credit card to pay or withdraw from ATMs with.
The other option is a cash passport. Has anyone used a cash passport in USD around S America? How widely is it accepted?
Thanks in advance for any replies!!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Argentina &TDP-8th-18th April.
- 2 El Calafate and El Chalten
- 3 Bariloche, Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires in March
- 4 Safety warning?
- 5 Trip Report - First time in Buenos Aires/Iguazu Falls/Rio de Janeiro
- 6 Iguazu falls logistics
- 7 Cape Horn cruise in Feb. or March?
- 8 Packing for Chile in November
- 9 Lima stopover
- 10 Buenos Aires AND Iguazu Falls?
- 11 Amazon side trip
- 12 travel from el calafate direct to Torres delPaine
- 13 First Trip to Colombia Advice Needed!
- 14 Domestic Flights within Chile
- 15 Argentina ( Junin de Los Andes)in mid January
- 16 Wine tour & transfer from Valparaiso to Santiago Airport
- 17 Uruguay, then Buenos Aires in early March
- 18 Buenos Aires-ideas for side trips
- 19 Santiago - where to stay?
- 20 Need help! Exploring Lakes District, Northern Patagonia, Tierra del Fuego
- 21 Tour guide/ agency
- 22 Patagonia Planning
- 23 Salta/NW Argentina, no car
- 24 March trip to Brazil
- 25 Iguazu Falls -- is Brazil side worth the cost?
best way to carry currency for 8 week trip in south america?