Would appreciate any advice anyone can offer for the above!
Travelling from Australia around S America for 2 months.
It seems US dollars in cash would be a good idea, but I'm not keen to take too much cash. Thinking to take maybe $200 cash and for the rest use my credit card to pay or withdraw from ATMs with.
The other option is a cash passport. Has anyone used a cash passport in USD around S America? How widely is it accepted?
Thanks in advance for any replies!!
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Iguazu Falls-"Best" Way to Reach/See
- 2 Time in Lima, then Guayaquil, Manta
- 3 Travel with Children to Galapagos
- 4 Help us plan our dream SA trip!
- 5 Seek Suggestions on Trip to Machu Picchu
- 6 Avenue of Volcanoes
- 7 Waterfalls near Puyo, Tena, and Baeza in Ecuador
- 8 Best Trek in Peru? (Huayhuash Circuit vs Inca Trail)
- 9 Bariloche car rental
- 10 Trip Report: Studying Spanish in Quito and Cuenca 2007
- 11 Galapagos and Machu Pichu Itinerary Suggestions
- 12 Machu Picchu in January
- 13 Dining in Medellin
- 14 Medellin's hidden Parque is lovely
- 15 Christmastime in Santiago/Valparaiso - what to do, where to stay
- 16 Colca Canyon Earthquake
- 17 Rainbow Mountain (Vinicunca), Peru
- 18 10 days in Santiago, Easter Islands, San pedro de atacama, doable?
- 19 santiago chile area
- 20 Beach walk in Rio - Copacabana or Ipanema?
- 21 Reflections on our South America trip
- 22 One Day in Santiago/Tour Guide
- 23 Driving from Santiago to Peurto Montt
- 24 Chile: first cut a travel plan
- 25 Argentina and Bolivia in February and March?
best way to carry currency for 8 week trip in south america?