We are flying into Lima on the evening of 9/2. We are scheduled to begin our Inca Trail trek on 9/10 (4day/3 night). We will be flying home the morning of 9/17 from Lima. We are considering flying early on 9/3 to Arequippa and trek into Colca Canyon for 3days/2 nights. Do we need a guide for the trek or can we make the arrangements ourselves?? Then get to Puno to take the train from Puno to Cusco on Wednesday. I am not even sure we can do this time wise. The other choice would be to fly to Arequippa, trek into Colca canyon, spend another day in the area to see the condors, and then fly from Arequippa to Cusco and spend the rest of our time touring the Sacred Valley till we leave on the trek. We also wanted to stay a night in Aquas Caliente so that we can get a ticket to hike up to Huaynu Picchu the day after we end our trek. But now I understand that there is a fee to hike Huaynu Picchu and I can make a reservation online to get a ticket so I could possibly do both MP and Huaynu Picchu in the same day. One last thing, how many days should we stay in Lima? Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Advice needed Peru 15 day itinerary MP/SV/Colca Canyon
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Back to South America
- 2 Amazon from the Andes?
- 3 Please Help - Santiago, Mendoza & Buenos Aires
- 4 Bogotá Restaurants
- 5 Speak to me of Peru
- 6 RECIFE, where to stay during WORLD CUP??
- 7 Inhotim in one day? please???
- 8 What time to arrive at Machu Picchu?
- 9 Salta vs. Santiago
- 10 Cusco, Pto Maldonado, Titicaca and Trujillo!
- 11 Buenos Aires + only 1 Patagonia location
- 12 Brazil visa for Iguazu + fees for Argentina & Chile
- 13 Exito Travel ? reliable travel agencies?
- 14 Somewhere hot!!!!!!
- 15 Itinerary advice for a 5 week trip to Peru
- 16 Peru/Machu Picchu/Cuzco suggestions
- 17 Plan a 3 month South America trip in less than 2 months
- 18 Trip to Machu Picchu
- 19 Fire in Valparaiso
- 20 HELP!!! Sao Paulo for a day???
- 21 Machu Picchu with a bum knee
- 22 Independence Day in Cuzco
- 23 Cotopaxi Day Tour
- 24 Travel from Cusco to Tacna by bus
- 25 Driving in Ecuador