We are flying into Lima on the evening of 9/2. We are scheduled to begin our Inca Trail trek on 9/10 (4day/3 night). We will be flying home the morning of 9/17 from Lima. We are considering flying early on 9/3 to Arequippa and trek into Colca Canyon for 3days/2 nights. Do we need a guide for the trek or can we make the arrangements ourselves?? Then get to Puno to take the train from Puno to Cusco on Wednesday. I am not even sure we can do this time wise. The other choice would be to fly to Arequippa, trek into Colca canyon, spend another day in the area to see the condors, and then fly from Arequippa to Cusco and spend the rest of our time touring the Sacred Valley till we leave on the trek. We also wanted to stay a night in Aquas Caliente so that we can get a ticket to hike up to Huaynu Picchu the day after we end our trek. But now I understand that there is a fee to hike Huaynu Picchu and I can make a reservation online to get a ticket so I could possibly do both MP and Huaynu Picchu in the same day. One last thing, how many days should we stay in Lima? Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Advice needed Peru 15 day itinerary MP/SV/Colca Canyon
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Help
- 2 Satellite phones allowed into Brazil?
- 3 BUYER BEWARE!!! Viator's transfer from EZE into Buenos Aires!
- 4 Sacred Valley spread over four days--need input on itinerary!
- 5 One week Family Spring Break in Cartagena and ??
- 6 Easter Day in Rio
- 7 PERU HORSE TOUR FROM CUSCO TO MACHU PICCHU
- 8 Buenos Aires - lone female traveller
- 9 Visiting Machu Picchu in August, need help with planning.
- 10 Wrapping Up the Trip Planning - A Few Final Questions
- 11 Costa Rica during Holy Week - need help
- 12 Beginning-to-start to plan Colombia for July 2015
- 13 Headed to Bogota and Villa de Leyva next week!
- 14 First time to Chile for 2 weeks March/April
- 15 Three weeks in South America
- 16 Reality check for 8 day trip to Peru in May
- 17 Patagonia tour in April
- 18 5 days in Patgonia... review of itinerary
- 19 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 20 Where to book the Salkantay trek?
- 21 HIP - BACK problems.....Relief !
- 22 Off the beaten track
- 23 Hosteria Tyndall - Torres del Paine
- 24 Ecuador Trip without Galapagos-10 nights
- 25 LAN flights cancelled this morning, March 11, due to a strike