We are flying into Lima on the evening of 9/2. We are scheduled to begin our Inca Trail trek on 9/10 (4day/3 night). We will be flying home the morning of 9/17 from Lima. We are considering flying early on 9/3 to Arequippa and trek into Colca Canyon for 3days/2 nights. Do we need a guide for the trek or can we make the arrangements ourselves?? Then get to Puno to take the train from Puno to Cusco on Wednesday. I am not even sure we can do this time wise. The other choice would be to fly to Arequippa, trek into Colca canyon, spend another day in the area to see the condors, and then fly from Arequippa to Cusco and spend the rest of our time touring the Sacred Valley till we leave on the trek. We also wanted to stay a night in Aquas Caliente so that we can get a ticket to hike up to Huaynu Picchu the day after we end our trek. But now I understand that there is a fee to hike Huaynu Picchu and I can make a reservation online to get a ticket so I could possibly do both MP and Huaynu Picchu in the same day. One last thing, how many days should we stay in Lima? Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Advice needed Peru 15 day itinerary MP/SV/Colca Canyon
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 2-weeks trip to Chile, itinerary review
- 2 Brazil: Bonito/Pantanal : Manaus Guide Recommendations
- 3 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 4 Chile, Brazil and New York
- 5 Pisco Dreams; Nine Days in the Sacred Valley, Cusco and Lima
- 6 Headed to Bogota and Villa de Leyva next week!
- 7 My (entertertaining & illustrated) advice on the best ever Peru itinerary
- 8 Christmas in the Andes (Peru & Ecuador)
- 9 Three weeks in South America
- 10 TRIP DO COLOMBIA
- 11 Beginning-to-start to plan Colombia for July 2015
- 12 Colombia...without Bogota? Looking for opinions!
- 13 Argentina ininerary November 2015
- 14 First time to Chile for 2 weeks March/April
- 15 Easter Day in Rio
- 16 Argentina Trip report
- 17 One week Family Spring Break in Cartagena and ??
- 18 PERU HORSE TOUR FROM CUSCO TO MACHU PICCHU
- 19 Your tips on Galapagos 2015 for Single Traveler
- 20 Local tour companies in Bolivia
- 21 Ecuador - Amazon Basin Trip
- 22 Reality check for 8 day trip to Peru in May
- 23 Patagonia tour
- 24 Touring Iguazu Falls
- 25 Patagonia tour in April