We are flying into Lima on the evening of 9/2. We are scheduled to begin our Inca Trail trek on 9/10 (4day/3 night). We will be flying home the morning of 9/17 from Lima. We are considering flying early on 9/3 to Arequippa and trek into Colca Canyon for 3days/2 nights. Do we need a guide for the trek or can we make the arrangements ourselves?? Then get to Puno to take the train from Puno to Cusco on Wednesday. I am not even sure we can do this time wise. The other choice would be to fly to Arequippa, trek into Colca canyon, spend another day in the area to see the condors, and then fly from Arequippa to Cusco and spend the rest of our time touring the Sacred Valley till we leave on the trek. We also wanted to stay a night in Aquas Caliente so that we can get a ticket to hike up to Huaynu Picchu the day after we end our trek. But now I understand that there is a fee to hike Huaynu Picchu and I can make a reservation online to get a ticket so I could possibly do both MP and Huaynu Picchu in the same day. One last thing, how many days should we stay in Lima? Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Advice needed Peru 15 day itinerary MP/SV/Colca Canyon
Recent ActivityView all South America activity »
- 1 Brazilian music
- 2 Christmas in Cusco
- 3 Colombia, Safe Travels from Cartagena to Santa Marta Area
- 4 Blue dollars in Argentina
- 5 Ecuador 5 to 6 weeks
- 6 Colombia Trip Report - Very Long
- 7 Itinerary Help Peru>Bolivia>Chile>Argentina>Brazil
- 8 HELP! Seeking a teaching job down south
- 9 First Leg of retirement Triperu
- 10 The WSJ says it is cheap to eat out in BA - So, what's new????
- 11 Worth staying extra night in Buenos Aires, esp Monday night?
- 12 The Inca Trail - It's a Long Way Down
- 13 Change Hotel Locations in Buenos Aires
- 14 Sacred Valley Itinerary Review?
- 15 Please check Buenos Aires itinerary
- 16 Private sightseeing
- 17 Bloomberg now says what yours truly has been saying here for YEARS! LOL!!!
- 18 Brazilian Professionals Visiting New York
- 19 Honeymoon 9 Days in South America
- 20 argentina & brazil
- 21 Argentina-country's financial woes impact a trip?
- 22 private sightseeing
- 23 private tour options
- 24 Currency Woes
- 25 Trek/Tour companies recommendations