Search

Novia Scotia

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10th, 2024, 09:06 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Novia Scotia

We are traveling from North Carolina to Nova Scotia in May and plan on staying in Novia Scotia for 2 weeks. 1st week in Mahone Bay and the 2nd week in Cape Breton. What are places we should not miss on this trip and is there a scenic route for us to take from Charlotte, NC to Mahone Bay keeping us away from traffic and large cities exploring some of the places we can stop at along the way. I figure we can make it up there in 3 driving days taking our time getting there. Any help is appreciated.
Old Apr 10th, 2024, 09:45 AM
Forum Moderator

Welcome to Fodors. We moved your thread to the Canada Forum and tagged it for Nova Scoia
Old Apr 11th, 2024, 09:28 AM

A weeeeeeeeeek in Mahone Bay???

And at the seeming expense of so many more options??

Geez, what should you do first (now, I mean)... ?

I think you would do well to first sorta envision your actual drive TO the area... plotting rough guesses as to where you'll stay.

With such a long drive, you definitely need to stay near to the main, beaten path on the way up and back... though of course you can arrange to miss rush hour traffic in various large metropolis areas.

THEN... decide which of your weeks you'll do first. (weather-wise you'll possibly benefit from doing the southern week upon arrival, and only then later going to Cape Breton).

I saw snow flurries in the hills outside of Inverness, NS on June 1!

... which doesn't mean anything about weather you'll encounter... just that, it isn't the warmest area in the world.

IF it were me in your shoes, knowing what I know... I would click on MY username (mine, not yours, in this case) and that should take you to a long list of threads, MANY of which relate to travel in Nova Scotia and surrounds.

I think you should glean more ideas and options for your time in NS... and decide whether you are truly set on Mahone Bay for a week.

Then return to your thread here and update us on things you've decided to emphasize.

(but surely break down your decision-making... maybe get your to and fro path from North Carolina to Maine worked-out elsewhere, and then narrow down your choices)