Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Family-friendly agriturismo in central Tuscany?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25th, 2024, 03:31 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking for an agriturismo that is good for kids/families and not too small or isolated in the Siena/San Gimignano area or nearby. We will be traveling with our 11-year-old son to Italy in less than 2 weeks and wanted to add in a 3-night stop on a farm. But I don't think rural peace and quiet will be as much fun for our son as it will be for me and my husband! So I'm looking for a place that has activities or animals or enough rooms that there might be other kids around. Any suggestions? Luckily it's low season so it seems like the 1-week minimums aren't in effect and many places seems to have space available. But sadly it's also not warm enough for pool time, so we will have to find other fun things for him to do. Any suggestions for places to stay that might be more fun for kids? We will be coming from Florence and then heading to Rome next so looking for something that's between those two spots. Thanks!
Old Mar 26th, 2024, 03:41 AM

I am not sure how many families are traveling in mid-April, so you might not encounter many kids. I have visited the following agriturismo for a wine tasting and it was very nice. They are about 5 minutes from San Gimignano and 30 min from Volterra. It is about a 45 min drive to Siena.

https://sandonato.it/en/

Have not stayed at the following but I googled farm-children-val d'elsa- animals and these came up.
https://www.ilfaetino.it/english/
https://www.agriturismoiltorrino.it/home-ing.html (not central to Siena)
Old Mar 27th, 2024, 12:32 AM

We're staying in the area tonight for 2 nights so I can give you live feedback on the place that we're staying at.
In my research I found heaps of family friendly places but one of the things that they all had was a pool and coming from Australia swimming in 20 degree weather is too cold for me.

I know that this place is great - like outstanding for families but its also expensive....super expensive. But your family will feel like personal friends of the host during your stay.
www.casetta.net

Some of the relevant information for this place is as follows;

Casetta Firenze has five double rooms all with ensuite bathrooms.

Two of the five double rooms with king size beds, upon request, can be prepared with twin beds.
Two of our double rooms can accommodate one extra bed, making the total number who can stay 12 people.
When requested these extra beds can be prepared for €150 including VAT per bed per night. (edit: note that this is ON TOP OF THE BASIC ROOM RATE - which is, as I said, very expensive)

For our guests reserving the whole house, we offer a welcome dinner for you on evening of arrival. We also offer a program of special activities and exclusive access, we call our Enrichment Series. This series is designed particularly for guests who want to take their Italian experience to the next level of engagement and comes with a supplementary fee. Please let me know if you’re interested to know more, or visit our website to learn about some of the possibilities.

Our in house chef is available to prepare your farm to table lunch or dinner during your stay on a booked basis. You can choose to simply enjoy her delicious Italian cuisine, book a pizza evening under the stars or you can request a cooking class should you prefer to participate in the preparation.
Old Mar 28th, 2024, 12:08 PM

Can I ask....
how much time will you spend seeing the city of Florence? (Firenze)
How much time will you spend visiting the region?
How much time will you spend staying on and enjoying the property itself? (Not including night time)