Glasgow Hotels and Neighborhoods

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21st, 2024, 05:57 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I are visiting Glasgow in August and starting our search for accommodations. Do you recommend particular neighborhoods and hotels for atmosphere, dining options, and easy access to sights? I'm just wondering about personal favorites. Thanks!
Old Mar 21st, 2024, 07:16 AM

Received 28 Likes on 4 Posts
We thought the Premier Inn was perfect for a short stay.
https://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/hot...galleries.html
Old Mar 21st, 2024, 07:35 AM

We were there in early October and really enjoyed the Carlton George. Great location, room was very clean and comfortable and our rate included access to the Executive Lounge and so on the two nights we stayed there ,we went upstairs and enjoyed a complimentary glass of wine and snacks around 5 PM. We never had breakfast in the hotel but enjoyed one night's dinner in the restaurant, nice service and meal. The hotel was very well located, easy access to George Square as well as to the train station where we boarded train to Edinburgh as well as to the subway. We used the subway which was quite easy to go to Kelvingrove. We walked to the Glasgow Cathedral easily on our first afternoon plus we enjoyed a nice dinner the first night at Citizen. There are many coffee shops and a pancake restaurant in easy walking distance of the hotel as well as shops.
Old Mar 22nd, 2024, 05:11 AM
Original Poster

Thank you so much! My husband and I finally decided to go cheap and funky at the Ibis Styles Hotel near George Square, but your input was hugely helpful.
Old Mar 22nd, 2024, 08:25 AM

Good choice. We stayed at the Ibis Styles Hotel in Edinburgh and that was great both the location and the included breakfast buffet, even though it was the same every day other than switching up the pastries. It was likely not available when I had checked for Glasgow. Join the ACCOR Hotel group as Novotel is part of this group as well.

Enjoy your trip!