Toulouse, France

Search

Toulouse, France

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12th, 2024, 04:02 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Toulouse, France

Hello. Arriving one day prior of my tour group. I would like to take a cooking or pastry class. Have been looking online but haven't found one, well did but in french only. Anyone done this or could steer me in the right direction? It would be for April 4th. Thank you.
Old Mar 16th, 2024, 10:28 AM

Rather than pastry, I would look up cooking class for Cassoulet, the treasured dish of the region. But would hardly expect they'd be in English in Toulouse. Just wander this beautiful city of a million pink bricks, or perhaps go take a class in Pastels, as they originated here.
Old Mar 21st, 2024, 07:45 AM
Original Poster

Thank you aliced. You are right, cassoulet would be the better choice. Any suggestion in that area of a restaurant to eat this?
Old Mar 21st, 2024, 08:44 AM

Are you not interested in Toulouse at all? It's a great city, I don't understand why you would just want to take a cooking class but I don't think you'll find any cooking classes in English, anyway. Just look on Viator, if there is, it would probably be on there to cater to English speakers. they do have a food walking tour,maybe you'd like that.

I don't care for cassoulet myself, too heavy, and I wouldn't order it for dinner myself, but there are several restaurants around pl Wilson to eat, you can just browse and check the carte. I'm not a foodie so am pretty happy most any place, but this is one brasserie there that does serve it. I think I ate there and was satisfied, but I wouldn't have order that, so can't say.

https://www.capoul.fr/fr/
Old Mar 21st, 2024, 09:16 AM

We were recommended Restaurant Emile on Place Georges, and it was excellent. Still going strong as you can see from internet reviews, etc. Also had lovely lunch at Fondation Bemberg, another Toulouse site worth a visit, at least to us.
Old Mar 22nd, 2024, 01:05 PM
Original Poster

We are arriving one day prior to the start of our group tour. It was just something to do as we will have a guided tour of the city and sights with the tour. We have taken classes in Budapest, Florence and Sicily...just something we like to do. We are looking forward to our time in Toulouse. Thank you!