How is the weather in Mexico in July?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9th, 2024, 04:25 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How is the weather in Mexico in July? I already know it's not the best time of the year to go, but it's the only time I will be able to go this year. I'm considering travelling around Mexico for a month in July and early August. I'm mostly thinking of central and south Mexico (although nothing is planned so my mind is open) from a bit north of CDMX and down to Palenque and Yucatán. I'm mostly interested in cities and towns, nature, Mayan (and other cultures) ruins. Not lying on the beach. I like to walk a lot. But I'm a bit concerned that it might be too hot that time of the year? Epecially in the south perhaps?

Right now I'm just trying to figure whether to go to Mexico or go somewhere else this year. Perhaps just take part of Mexico or postpone it to go another time of the year.
Old Feb 9th, 2024, 06:21 AM

Welcome to Fodor's.
July/August in the central highlands can be very pleasant, in contrast to coastal areas and the Yucatan peninsula. The latter being hot & very humid. It's the rainy season, which typically brings brief afternoon showers. Figure (in the central highlands) high temps in the upper 70's to low 80's F. Caveat: last year's hot season, typically late April & all of May, lasted through June & July. I don't know if that was an anomaly or a beginning of a trend. Palenque will be hot. But there are plenty of non-Maya sites elsewhere where it's not as hot & humid.
Old Feb 15th, 2024, 03:14 AM
Original Poster

Thanks... that was more of less what I thought myself.
Old Feb 16th, 2024, 08:51 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Mexico is a huge country, so no onef answer. I only personally know the coastal areas (Puerto Vallarta) and it is hot, humid, and rainy season throughout the summer months even into the fall.