Best Florida resort/beach

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7th, 2024, 07:46 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking to bring my two sons to Florida in March. We would like a resort near a beach, that we can swim maybe do some water sports, eat great food and enjoy beautiful scenery with blue water. i’ve heard the keys but would like to actually be able to swim in the ocean etc. key biscane? pensacola? rosemary beach? Thankyou!
Old Jan 8th, 2024, 11:28 AM

I would suggest looking at the Tampa, Clearwater, St. Petersburg area. Nice beaches with lots of activities, plenty of restaurants and reasonably warm water in March.
Old Jan 8th, 2024, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by cgenster
I would suggest looking at the Tampa, Clearwater, St. Petersburg area. Nice beaches with lots of activities, plenty of restaurants and reasonably warm water in March.
Good idea. Clearwater would be perfect. Key Biscayne has a very little lodging. Key Largo would be better but farther from Miami.
Old Jan 8th, 2024, 07:19 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Any interest in camping? Here's a beautiful state park in the Keys. You can swim there.
https://www.floridastateparks.org/BahiaHonda
Old Jan 8th, 2024, 11:36 PM

You can swim anywhere. I always thought the nicest beaches were around Pensacola and beaches in the keys are narrow and rocky. But better snorkeling from a boat.

Key Biscayne has big hotels too. Not sure I would want to stay there though.

Last edited by mlgb; Jan 8th, 2024 at 11:44 PM.
Old Jan 9th, 2024, 06:20 AM

Suze, Bahia Honda is one of our favorite places to camp. We love the beach and snorkeling around the jetty. We’ve been going there since the late 70’s.
Old Jan 15th, 2024, 03:54 PM
Original Poster

thanks! Some others recommended Anna Maria Island and Siesta Key, but it doesn’t seem like there are many resorts in that area…
Old Jan 17th, 2024, 11:52 AM

I like a little barrier island further south from Clearwater Beach called Anna Maria Island. It's a sleepy little island full of great boutique shops, mini putting, family friendly beaches with playgrounds, fishing piers, etc... You can ride the whole island on a golf cart which is fun and the restaurants are really good. Great for a family friendly vacay.
Old Jan 18th, 2024, 04:08 AM
Original Poster

Would Anna Maria Island be warm enough to enjoy the water? We like nature, but would probably just stay at resort after the beach if it had enough to do. My boys would love water activities but I’m worried March might be too cold. I was thinking the Keys, but there’s not much beach…
Old Jan 18th, 2024, 04:10 AM
Original Poster

Rosemary Beach looks awesome, but wouldn’t it be too cold end of March?
Old Jan 19th, 2024, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by dsoler
Would Anna Maria Island be warm enough to enjoy the water? We like nature, but would probably just stay at resort after the beach if it had enough to do. My boys would love water activities but I’m worried March might be too cold. I was thinking the Keys, but there’s not much beach…
In March, Anna Maria averages 79 degree highs during the day and the Gulf waters average 75 degrees. That's warm enough for my kids to swim but they are Northerners. My friend took her kids to the Florida Keys and she wasn't happy about the highway that runs the length which is busy with trucks and cars going super fast along it. She said it was tough to navigate crossings. If you head there I would recommend staying in a resort or the beach that you can find on the side you are staying. I like the quaint quiet atmosphere of Anna Maria for my family, the beach is pretty incredible. One of the best I've seen in the world. Hope that helps!