Under the "Something is better than Nothing" we have only a very short time to visit Costa Rica. It is difficult to decide which area to visit based on our guidebook readings etc. From those of you who know CR best, if a family (two girls 12, 9) only has 5 days(4 nights), where should they be spent? We feel comfortable to rent a car and drive around (or is that naive?). We would like to see rainforests and nature over nightlife and surfing. We live in the Mid-west and camp in our own forests as well as have explored the mangroves of Florida. I am thinking from the descriptions, the dry forests may be similar to what we already know. We consider ourselves experienced travelers, but planning this one has me stumped. Any insight is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Very short visit
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Belize
- 2 Cancun,playa del carmen,riviera maya, playa mujeres
- 3 Help me with 3rd trip to CR: Bosque del Cabo & WHERE else in Feb?
- 4 time share jerks in mexico !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- 5 Planning trip to Panama
- 6 Tijuana Safety in 2015?
- 7 Copa Airlines?
- 8 Spanish Language immersion schools in summer (N of Mexico City)?
- 9 Cenotes near Playa Del Carmen
- 10 Costa Rica - Guanacaste and ? near the arenal volcano or la fortuna
- 11 Panama
- 12 bicycle through central america
- 13 Car Rental in Panama
- 14 Celebrating Day of the Dead in Oaxaca - 2015 - Thoughts?
- 15 planning a very short belize trip for snorkeling, scuba etc, please help.
- 16 transportation from SJD to Los Barriles
- 17 9 Days in Costa Rica // Itinerary Help // Travel agency?
- 18 Costa Rica
- 19 Which of these locations?
- 20 Has anyone been to Tapalpa?
- 21 B & B in Oaxaca?
- 22 Dollar - Thriffty Terrible service, stealling money !!!
- 23 A FOOD-FOCUSED REPORT: MEXICO CITY, PUEBLA, OAXACA
- 24 Renting a car in Cancun
- 25 Possible Mexico Trip