Under the "Something is better than Nothing" we have only a very short time to visit Costa Rica. It is difficult to decide which area to visit based on our guidebook readings etc. From those of you who know CR best, if a family (two girls 12, 9) only has 5 days(4 nights), where should they be spent? We feel comfortable to rent a car and drive around (or is that naive?). We would like to see rainforests and nature over nightlife and surfing. We live in the Mid-west and camp in our own forests as well as have explored the mangroves of Florida. I am thinking from the descriptions, the dry forests may be similar to what we already know. We consider ourselves experienced travelers, but planning this one has me stumped. Any insight is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Very short visit
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 ADO Bus Ticket Question
- 2 Where should we spend four nights in Maya Riviera?
- 3 Injury on the Belize Zip- need legal advice
- 4 Hopefulist in Guatemala, Spring 2015
- 5 Panama-like canal in the near future for Nicaragua?
- 6 Advice desired for a family trip to costa rica
- 7 Honeymoon Planning - help wanted!
- 8 help with getting from to Oaxaca to Merida via bus- w/ stops, of course!
- 9 What's the best hotel in the Caribbean Coast of Costa Rica?
- 10 SFO to Mexico_5 days total
- 11 CasaMagana Marriott Puerto Vallart
- 12 Family Fun in Dominical-Trip Report
- 13 Solo Female traveler in Mexico- please review my rough itinerary
- 14 Tamarindo, Costa Rica, in July
- 15 New Large Resort in Tela Honduras
- 16 Merida-where to stay
- 17 Mexico City Hotels
- 18 Tips re Puerto Vallarta
- 19 Traveling to Mexico City in April and need guidance
- 20 Review of JW Marriott Guanacaste
- 21 Snorkeling
- 22 Guadalajara vs Mexico City in June, 5 nights
- 23 Wanted - Family Resort with Great Food - Cancun - Playa del Carmen
- 24 Nicaragua April 1-11 - OK time to go?
- 25 Cancun or Playa del Carmen