Under the "Something is better than Nothing" we have only a very short time to visit Costa Rica. It is difficult to decide which area to visit based on our guidebook readings etc. From those of you who know CR best, if a family (two girls 12, 9) only has 5 days(4 nights), where should they be spent? We feel comfortable to rent a car and drive around (or is that naive?). We would like to see rainforests and nature over nightlife and surfing. We live in the Mid-west and camp in our own forests as well as have explored the mangroves of Florida. I am thinking from the descriptions, the dry forests may be similar to what we already know. We consider ourselves experienced travelers, but planning this one has me stumped. Any insight is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Very short visit
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Nicaragua, the new Costa Rica ?
- 2 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 3 Costa rica help
- 4 car rental companies
- 5 Roatan safety and other suggestions?
- 6 April trip to Costa Rica/Panama...your opinions please.
- 7 Costa Rica during Easter break
- 8 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 9 Car Rental in Playa Del Carmen
- 10 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 11 cozumel tennis
- 12 Osa Peninsula Lodging for first time in CR
- 13 Panama - Best Place for Outdoor Activities?
- 14 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 15 Baja California
- 16 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun
- 17 Mexico region question
- 18 All Inclusive Resort Recommendations - Mexico
- 19 Transportation from Osa to Arenal and hotel in SJ
- 20 help with travel plans 10 days Costa Rica in April
- 21 Suggestions for birthday celebration in or around Samara
- 22 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec
- 23 Advice for lazy *budget* beach vacation with 1 year old
- 24 Semana Santa itinerary
- 25 San Jose del cabo