Under the "Something is better than Nothing" we have only a very short time to visit Costa Rica. It is difficult to decide which area to visit based on our guidebook readings etc. From those of you who know CR best, if a family (two girls 12, 9) only has 5 days(4 nights), where should they be spent? We feel comfortable to rent a car and drive around (or is that naive?). We would like to see rainforests and nature over nightlife and surfing. We live in the Mid-west and camp in our own forests as well as have explored the mangroves of Florida. I am thinking from the descriptions, the dry forests may be similar to what we already know. We consider ourselves experienced travelers, but planning this one has me stumped. Any insight is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Very short visit
View all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Costa Rica trip in March
- 2 Adopt an animal donation?
- 3 Puerto Viejo Lodging
- 4 Costa Rica: Itinerary and some questions
- 5 5 Day Belize Trip - Need Suggestions
- 6 Cabo San Lucas
- 7 Guatemala City Airport to Antigua by car & other helpful hints
- 8 Roatan advice
- 9 Best Beach Resort For Snorkeling Mexicos West Coast
- 10 Staying in Cozumel - Is Chichen Itza worth the trip?
- 11 Isla Mujeres, Cozumel or Playa del Carmen for best swimming and snorkeling?
- 12 Cabo San Lucas- Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos?
- 13 Shopping for silver jewelry in Puerto Vallarta? Some personal suggestions.
- 14 Drive from Panama To Belize
- 15 Safety in Nicaragua
- 16 Costa Rica - 6 1/2 days / 6 nights
- 17 Zihuatanejo to Acapolco?
- 18 Help on Rental Car Advice
- 19 Off on a Home Exchange to San Jose Costa Rica
- 20 Breakfast in Mexico City
- 21 Cabo snorkeling with a Giant Whale Shark!!!!!
- 22 best puerto vallarta resort/hotel --not all-inclusive
- 23 Honeymoon Planning for mexico in February 2014
- 24 Tour company to help plan trip to El Salvador and Nicaragua
- 25 Backpack vs Wheels