Hi. We have flights booked for a week in April to Costa Rica but that is about all so far. I have been doing tons of online research and have found this site to be the most useful. Still, i haven't been able to put together an itinerary to meet the needs of my young kids (boys, 4-7) that doesn't involve that much travel by car. Ideally, it seems we would like to do Arenal and then drive up to MA but I just can't imagine driving with them for the 5 hours it seems to take to get from Arenal to MA and then the 3 hours back to San Jose. If we do the drive, should we drive ourselves or hire a driver as some have suggested? Any input on Los Lagos, Lost Iguana, Si Como No, La Miraposa hotels (good for kids)? Our vacations consist mostly of trips to visit family around the U.S. so this is a departure for us and we'd like to make it really special for the whole family. Thanks for any input.
Suggested Itinerary for One Week Trip with Young Kids
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Puerto Vallarta Favorites
- 2 Tamarindo CR = best for us?
- 3 White water rafting the Pacuare River April
- 4 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 5 Exotic birds migrating locations
- 6 Looking for a quiet vacation spot on the Caribbean side of Mexico
- 7 Riu vs Westin?
- 8 Sim card and power
- 9 Petit Laffite hotel, Playa del Carmen
- 10 Nicaragua, the new Costa Rica ?
- 11 April trip to Puerto Vallarta with two young children-- suggestions?
- 12 Mexico region question
- 13 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec
- 14 April trip to Costa Rica/Panama...your opinions please.
- 15 Costa Rica best use of 9 full days with young kids!
- 16 Costa rica help
- 17 car rental companies
- 18 Roatan safety and other suggestions?
- 19 Costa Rica during Easter break
- 20 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 21 Car Rental in Playa Del Carmen
- 22 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 23 cozumel tennis
- 24 Osa Peninsula Lodging for first time in CR
- 25 Panama - Best Place for Outdoor Activities?