Hi. We have flights booked for a week in April to Costa Rica but that is about all so far. I have been doing tons of online research and have found this site to be the most useful. Still, i haven't been able to put together an itinerary to meet the needs of my young kids (boys, 4-7) that doesn't involve that much travel by car. Ideally, it seems we would like to do Arenal and then drive up to MA but I just can't imagine driving with them for the 5 hours it seems to take to get from Arenal to MA and then the 3 hours back to San Jose. If we do the drive, should we drive ourselves or hire a driver as some have suggested? Any input on Los Lagos, Lost Iguana, Si Como No, La Miraposa hotels (good for kids)? Our vacations consist mostly of trips to visit family around the U.S. so this is a departure for us and we'd like to make it really special for the whole family. Thanks for any input.
Suggested Itinerary for One Week Trip with Young Kids
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 snorkeling and relaxing beach vacation.
- 2 Food poisoning?
- 3 Costa Rica Allergy Accommodations for Tree Nuts and Dairy
- 4 First Timer to Mexico - Itinerary help please
- 5 Should we cancel our vacation to Mexico in December?
- 6 Looking for suggestions for 7-8 days in Mexico
- 7 Maya Riviera to Belize or Costa Rica or Panama?
- 8 The product is really effective in reducing
- 9 Mexico City
- 10 Do we need special insurance or driver's license for rental car in Mexico
- 11 Costa Rica with a 8 year old boy?
- 12 Bus service from San Jose´ del Cabo to Totos Santos
- 13 Cruise with a 10 month old to Honduras, Guatemala, Mexico,and key west.
- 14 Flores to Chetumal by road without crossing through Belize
- 15 Central America travel over New Year's
- 16 Costa Rica after 15 years update me on driving
- 17 Lodging in Costa Rica in January
- 18 Thoughts on Cayo District tours/accommodation options
- 19 Place to have a wedding in May near Cancun
- 20 43 Missing Students in Mexico
- 21 Costa Rica help
- 22 Cancun car rental/emd3 plus others help!
- 23 1 week in Panama - how does this sound?
- 24 7-8 Days in Panama. Suggested Itinerary?
- 25 Hopefulist in Guatemala 2014 (#3)