we've had so much useful advice from this forum. we are doing 21 days in mexico and now planning travels in the last week in the yucatan peninsula.
we are tossing up now whether to go from Palenque- TUlum (overnight bus), 3 nights, 2 nights Valladolid (with chichen iza early on the second day)- Playa - 2 nights. from here we would visit tulum ruins, xcaret, many cenotes in the area and obviously the wonderful coastline. before this we are visiting san cristobal de las casas and mexico city. this is in late november and if the weather is likely to be overl windy, rainy, stormy etc then we will skip this option as wont be spending much time on the beach if its like that! we would hire a car in tulum and drop it off at Playa costin around $30 per day including drop off fee
option number 2 is PAlenque- Merida 3 nights- chichen iza 1 night- playa del carmen - 3 nights. this would cove more road distance and to pick up a car in Merida and drop it in Playa incurs an extra $250 AUD in drop off fees. everyone raves about merida on the weekend but considering where we are going before and the fact we are going to valladolid will we experience the music, street food, nightlife and atmosphere of a colonial mexican town without going to Merida
thanks in advance
Merida a must see or Tulum/VAlladolid instead?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Suze: Can you tell me about your trips to Puerta Vallarta?
- 2 Costa Rica questions
- 3 Damas Mangrove Tour vs. Cano Negro
- 4 Costa Rica Trip Itinerary
- 5 buying silver jewelry in cancun
- 6 Single Girl 50's looking for AI in Costa Rica
- 7 Just back from CR for my 50th. Expected alot and got more than I hoped for!
- 8 Wanna be Expats!!! Can we move to Mexico sooner? Work? Elsewhere?
- 9 Playa Del Carmen/Tulum "Dreams or Paradisus?"
- 10 Guatemala customs question
- 11 Rainy season
- 12 Food safety while traveling in Guatemala
- 13 Hopefulist in Honduras and Guatemala, June/July 2014
- 14 Uvita during green/rainy season - should we go??
- 15 booking rooms for spring break
- 16 5th Trip CR with Teenagers-Bosque Del Cabo and Iguana Lodge June '14
- 17 3 extra hours in Mexico City airport, any shopping malls nearby?
- 18 Car Rental in Costa Rica
- 19 Playa Del Carmen Day Tours
- 20 Riu Santa Fe vs Palace
- 21 Jaco to Montezuma ferry- has anyone taken it??
- 22 30 Reasons Why You Should Visit Cozumel (in pictures)
- 23 Trying to decide between Hawaii or Mexico for family trip
- 24 Costa Rica: Mal Pais or Manuel Antonio?
- 25 Mextrotter