we've had so much useful advice from this forum. we are doing 21 days in mexico and now planning travels in the last week in the yucatan peninsula.
we are tossing up now whether to go from Palenque- TUlum (overnight bus), 3 nights, 2 nights Valladolid (with chichen iza early on the second day)- Playa - 2 nights. from here we would visit tulum ruins, xcaret, many cenotes in the area and obviously the wonderful coastline. before this we are visiting san cristobal de las casas and mexico city. this is in late november and if the weather is likely to be overl windy, rainy, stormy etc then we will skip this option as wont be spending much time on the beach if its like that! we would hire a car in tulum and drop it off at Playa costin around $30 per day including drop off fee
option number 2 is PAlenque- Merida 3 nights- chichen iza 1 night- playa del carmen - 3 nights. this would cove more road distance and to pick up a car in Merida and drop it in Playa incurs an extra $250 AUD in drop off fees. everyone raves about merida on the weekend but considering where we are going before and the fact we are going to valladolid will we experience the music, street food, nightlife and atmosphere of a colonial mexican town without going to Merida
thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Renting Car along Riviera Maya
- 2 Our first family cruise, Cozumel
- 3 Buying a property in Sayulita
- 4 Our first trip to Mexico-It won't be our last!
- 5 Please help with a one moth itinerary
- 6 Panama City visit; the good and the bad
- 7 Spanish speaking city to spend August 2017?
- 8 Trip to Merida - Very Long and Lots of Info on Restaurants
- 9 Merida in March
- 10 Trip to Costa Rica - Pura Vida
- 11 Mexico in March - questions
- 12 Hopefulist's 2013 Guatemala Travelogue
- 13 Cabo, Playa, or PV?
- 14 Questions concerning our 6 day stay in Mexico City
- 15 Private Fishing/Snorkeling boat in Playa del Carmen
- 16 Xcaret worth it or not?
- 17 Nicaragua - dividing time between Leon and Granada
- 18 Adventures in Portobelo, Panama
- 19 Costa Rica With Kids-Recommendations Requested
- 20 travel in Yucatan
- 21 Driving through Mexico to Belize
- 22 Police Harassment in Cancun
- 23 Gay Places in San Pedro Belize
- 24 AI Child-Friendly Tulum Vicinity (30+ mi)
- 25 Which beach location (w/ small kids)?