I am just starting to plan our 10 day honeymoon trip. This is our first time to Costa Rica and we are quite excited. Here are the specs with related questions.
1) Dates: July 1st, 2013 leaving the 10th. Is this going to be too rainy?
2) Rental car: a good idea or is it better to just get public transit (don't have much extra money for flights)
3) Locations: I'm completely open to suggestions on this one, would like to be on the ocean for part of the trip. We are thinking about 3 locations
4) Lodging: any good suggestions of bed and breakfasts, local gems, hotels? We don't want to stay at the overly touristy hotels/resorts that seem fake.
5) Activities: We want to: hike, see waterfalls, lounge on beaches, jungle tours and are open to other adventures.
6) What do you think this might cost? We don't want to be cheap but at the same time won't be spending money on too many guided trips (especially for hiking) or $250+ hotel rooms (is 100-150/night reasonable?).
I know there are a lot of questions there so thanks in advance!
Honeymoon in Costa Rica
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 ADO Bus Ticket Question
- 2 Where should we spend four nights in Maya Riviera?
- 3 Injury on the Belize Zip- need legal advice
- 4 Hopefulist in Guatemala, Spring 2015
- 5 Panama-like canal in the near future for Nicaragua?
- 6 Advice desired for a family trip to costa rica
- 7 Honeymoon Planning - help wanted!
- 8 help with getting from to Oaxaca to Merida via bus- w/ stops, of course!
- 9 What's the best hotel in the Caribbean Coast of Costa Rica?
- 10 SFO to Mexico_5 days total
- 11 CasaMagana Marriott Puerto Vallart
- 12 Family Fun in Dominical-Trip Report
- 13 Solo Female traveler in Mexico- please review my rough itinerary
- 14 Tamarindo, Costa Rica, in July
- 15 New Large Resort in Tela Honduras
- 16 Merida-where to stay
- 17 Mexico City Hotels
- 18 Tips re Puerto Vallarta
- 19 Traveling to Mexico City in April and need guidance
- 20 Review of JW Marriott Guanacaste
- 21 Snorkeling
- 22 Guadalajara vs Mexico City in June, 5 nights
- 23 Wanted - Family Resort with Great Food - Cancun - Playa del Carmen
- 24 Nicaragua April 1-11 - OK time to go?
- 25 Cancun or Playa del Carmen