I am just starting to plan our 10 day honeymoon trip. This is our first time to Costa Rica and we are quite excited. Here are the specs with related questions.
1) Dates: July 1st, 2013 leaving the 10th. Is this going to be too rainy?
2) Rental car: a good idea or is it better to just get public transit (don't have much extra money for flights)
3) Locations: I'm completely open to suggestions on this one, would like to be on the ocean for part of the trip. We are thinking about 3 locations
4) Lodging: any good suggestions of bed and breakfasts, local gems, hotels? We don't want to stay at the overly touristy hotels/resorts that seem fake.
5) Activities: We want to: hike, see waterfalls, lounge on beaches, jungle tours and are open to other adventures.
6) What do you think this might cost? We don't want to be cheap but at the same time won't be spending money on too many guided trips (especially for hiking) or $250+ hotel rooms (is 100-150/night reasonable?).
I know there are a lot of questions there so thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Christmas solo trip to Mexico
- 2 Arenal Observatory Lodge?
- 3 Belize beach / Jungle trip ideas?
- 4 Matamoros
- 5 Central America vacation in September
- 6 Costa Rica--first time
- 7 Costa Rica arrangements suggestions
- 8 Tulum area accomidation inpuut
- 9 Cancun beaches coated with thick seaweed
- 10 Granada or Leon
- 11 Rental Car in Mexico
- 12 Central America Safety?! Any suggestions will help.
- 13 Sandals in Cancún
- 14 Belize itinerary help
- 15 Dream Tulum or Dreams Riviera?
- 16 Dreams Tulum vs. Dreams Riviera Cancun??
- 17 Costa Rica surfing
- 18 Nicaragua money questions
- 19 Blue Hole
- 20 Costa Rica first time rent a car?
- 21 Panama in December?
- 22 Mexico with 6 yr. olds: want beach and history- Suggestions?
- 23 Long ride to Nayara. Are there good options along the way?
- 24 Granada vs San Juan, all you need to know
- 25 Best Hotels for Birding in Costa Rica or Belize?