I am just starting to plan our 10 day honeymoon trip. This is our first time to Costa Rica and we are quite excited. Here are the specs with related questions.
1) Dates: July 1st, 2013 leaving the 10th. Is this going to be too rainy?
2) Rental car: a good idea or is it better to just get public transit (don't have much extra money for flights)
3) Locations: I'm completely open to suggestions on this one, would like to be on the ocean for part of the trip. We are thinking about 3 locations
4) Lodging: any good suggestions of bed and breakfasts, local gems, hotels? We don't want to stay at the overly touristy hotels/resorts that seem fake.
5) Activities: We want to: hike, see waterfalls, lounge on beaches, jungle tours and are open to other adventures.
6) What do you think this might cost? We don't want to be cheap but at the same time won't be spending money on too many guided trips (especially for hiking) or $250+ hotel rooms (is 100-150/night reasonable?).
I know there are a lot of questions there so thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 We are planning a trip to Costa Rica in November
- 2 Anyone interested?
- 3 Best beach club in Playa d carmen with a good restaurant ?
- 4 Old Town Puerto Vallarta May 2017
- 5 Where to stay in Ambergis Caye?
- 6 Mineral De Pozos mini-trip report
- 7 A First TripTo Puerta Vallerta
- 8 Playa Del Carmen restaurant
- 9 Tulum & Coba - Travel Report
- 10 Spending USD in Mexico
- 11 Family vacation
- 12 Food poisoning?
- 13 Guanajuato or Oaxacca for 5-7days?
- 14 Best plan - suggestions
- 15 Puerto Vallarta Nov 2015 edition
- 16 Merida Trip Report - Lots of Food
- 17 We're off to Costa Rica and never been there!
- 18 Guanacaste in October
- 19 Good lunch spot
- 20 Recommendations on hotels with best beaches
- 21 Planning girls getaway trip to CR this summer and need help!
- 22 December Itinerary with 1 Year Old
- 23 Art School
- 24 Costa Rica EF Tours for Middle School
- 25 Month Stay In Oaxaca, Mexico