I am just starting to plan our 10 day honeymoon trip. This is our first time to Costa Rica and we are quite excited. Here are the specs with related questions.
1) Dates: July 1st, 2013 leaving the 10th. Is this going to be too rainy?
2) Rental car: a good idea or is it better to just get public transit (don't have much extra money for flights)
3) Locations: I'm completely open to suggestions on this one, would like to be on the ocean for part of the trip. We are thinking about 3 locations
4) Lodging: any good suggestions of bed and breakfasts, local gems, hotels? We don't want to stay at the overly touristy hotels/resorts that seem fake.
5) Activities: We want to: hike, see waterfalls, lounge on beaches, jungle tours and are open to other adventures.
6) What do you think this might cost? We don't want to be cheap but at the same time won't be spending money on too many guided trips (especially for hiking) or $250+ hotel rooms (is 100-150/night reasonable?).
I know there are a lot of questions there so thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Belize, Rotaan, Cozumel - WHAT TO DO?? HELP!!
- 2 Tour/Excursion operators Arenal & Manuel Antonio
- 3 Entertaining young children in Tulum/Akumal
- 4 Two weeks in Panama, a new adventure...
- 5 STAY AWAY FROM AMERICA CAR RENTAL!!
- 6 Wanna be Expats!!! Can we move to Mexico sooner? Work? Elsewhere?
- 7 A WHALE Of A TALE
- 8 Panama made us Panamaniacs, Trip Report Dec/Jan 2015-16
- 9 Fonda Vela
- 10 Need help w/mother/daughter 3 day side excursion
- 11 mexico vs dominican republic vacation
- 12 Privat Tour Options for Chichen itza + Tulum
- 13 Glover's ongoing report on Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua
- 14 Mosquitoes and the Zika virus
- 15 Cancun 7 day trip advice needed
- 16 Driver needed for Panama City
- 17 Costa Rica Cruise - Part 3
- 18 Warm Temp for Snorkling
- 19 Cruise to Costa Rica 2016
- 20 Costa Rica Cruise - Details
- 21 Nicaragua, the new Costa Rica ?
- 22 Help us plan a Mayan Ruins plus Wildlife trip
- 23 Planning ~$1000/person AI vacation from DC
- 24 Help with excursions from Black Rock Lodge
- 25 Visit to Xela, Antigua, Atitlan