I am just starting to plan our 10 day honeymoon trip. This is our first time to Costa Rica and we are quite excited. Here are the specs with related questions.
1) Dates: July 1st, 2013 leaving the 10th. Is this going to be too rainy?
2) Rental car: a good idea or is it better to just get public transit (don't have much extra money for flights)
3) Locations: I'm completely open to suggestions on this one, would like to be on the ocean for part of the trip. We are thinking about 3 locations
4) Lodging: any good suggestions of bed and breakfasts, local gems, hotels? We don't want to stay at the overly touristy hotels/resorts that seem fake.
5) Activities: We want to: hike, see waterfalls, lounge on beaches, jungle tours and are open to other adventures.
6) What do you think this might cost? We don't want to be cheap but at the same time won't be spending money on too many guided trips (especially for hiking) or $250+ hotel rooms (is 100-150/night reasonable?).
I know there are a lot of questions there so thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Merida in March
- 2 Panama City visit; the good and the bad
- 3 Buying a property in Sayulita
- 4 Trip to Costa Rica - Pura Vida
- 5 Our first trip to Mexico-It won't be our last!
- 6 Mexico in March - questions
- 7 Hopefulist's 2013 Guatemala Travelogue
- 8 Cabo, Playa, or PV?
- 9 Questions concerning our 6 day stay in Mexico City
- 10 Private Fishing/Snorkeling boat in Playa del Carmen
- 11 Xcaret worth it or not?
- 12 Spanish speaking city to spend August 2017?
- 13 Nicaragua - dividing time between Leon and Granada
- 14 Adventures in Portobelo, Panama
- 15 Costa Rica With Kids-Recommendations Requested
- 16 travel in Yucatan
- 17 Driving through Mexico to Belize
- 18 Police Harassment in Cancun
- 19 Gay Places in San Pedro Belize
- 20 AI Child-Friendly Tulum Vicinity (30+ mi)
- 21 Which beach location (w/ small kids)?
- 22 Costa Rica in summer (end July/early August) with kids
- 23 What is the best place to visit in Costa Rica for 18 year olds?
- 24 Insect Repellent, Sunscreen in Belize?
- 25 Muyil Ruins and Sian Ka'an Biosphere, Meixco