I am just starting to plan our 10 day honeymoon trip. This is our first time to Costa Rica and we are quite excited. Here are the specs with related questions.
1) Dates: July 1st, 2013 leaving the 10th. Is this going to be too rainy?
2) Rental car: a good idea or is it better to just get public transit (don't have much extra money for flights)
3) Locations: I'm completely open to suggestions on this one, would like to be on the ocean for part of the trip. We are thinking about 3 locations
4) Lodging: any good suggestions of bed and breakfasts, local gems, hotels? We don't want to stay at the overly touristy hotels/resorts that seem fake.
5) Activities: We want to: hike, see waterfalls, lounge on beaches, jungle tours and are open to other adventures.
6) What do you think this might cost? We don't want to be cheap but at the same time won't be spending money on too many guided trips (especially for hiking) or $250+ hotel rooms (is 100-150/night reasonable?).
I know there are a lot of questions there so thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Ideas for month travel
- 2 Questions concerning our 6 day stay in Mexico City
- 3 Ideas for activities in Riviera Maya vicinity
- 4 Carnival 2017 in Panama City
- 5 Driving in Mexico
- 6 Cancun - low key beach suggestions
- 7 Moon Palace in Cancun
- 8 Best driving routes in Costa Rica
- 9 Driving in CR
- 10 Rental car - Lost driver's license! Help!
- 11 Sirena Station hike Drake Bay
- 12 unsafe?
- 13 Five Nights in Mexico City: A July Travel Fix
- 14 One week home-stay/ language school during hoilday
- 15 Help choosing Spanish course - Mexico / Guatemala?
- 16 Nicaragua-avoid if you can
- 17 Riviera Maya driving safety
- 18 Belize With Baby & Toddler
- 19 Terrible location for Ocean Maya Royale
- 20 Bosque Del Cabo/Corcovado
- 21 Another question re. Merida car hire - Unirent?
- 22 Non tourist beach in December
- 23 Sending things back home.
- 24 Back from Isla Mujeres
- 25 How many nights Santa Elena / CI / Valladolid?