I am just starting to plan our 10 day honeymoon trip. This is our first time to Costa Rica and we are quite excited. Here are the specs with related questions.
1) Dates: July 1st, 2013 leaving the 10th. Is this going to be too rainy?
2) Rental car: a good idea or is it better to just get public transit (don't have much extra money for flights)
3) Locations: I'm completely open to suggestions on this one, would like to be on the ocean for part of the trip. We are thinking about 3 locations
4) Lodging: any good suggestions of bed and breakfasts, local gems, hotels? We don't want to stay at the overly touristy hotels/resorts that seem fake.
5) Activities: We want to: hike, see waterfalls, lounge on beaches, jungle tours and are open to other adventures.
6) What do you think this might cost? We don't want to be cheap but at the same time won't be spending money on too many guided trips (especially for hiking) or $250+ hotel rooms (is 100-150/night reasonable?).
I know there are a lot of questions there so thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Trip to Panama with child(8 yrs) Thanksgiving 2015
- 2 February Vacation Destination with Young Kids
- 3 Help with Riviera Maya trip
- 4 Transportation from Mexico City to Coyocan & ????
- 5 Cancun AI resorts
- 6 Valladolid/ Flamingos in Rio Lagartos
- 7 Advice on 3wk itinerary covering MX,GT,BZ by car
- 8 Layover in Mexico City
- 9 Pura Vida Trip Report
- 10 Cheap Airfare on United
- 11 Wonderful Memories with Granddaughter
- 12 First trip to Mexico...any help appreciated
- 13 Belize planning; independent vs package
- 14 A Weekend in Mexico DF: Suggestions Needed
- 15 Costa Rica itinerary and lodges -- please help
- 16 Cancun and Tulum
- 17 nice hotel between airport and Poas?
- 18 HELP! Overwhelmed by Costa Rica Trip
- 19 February in Costa Rica
- 20 Wild Planet Adventures
- 21 Gap Year Travels
- 22 Selva Verde question
- 23 San Blas for 3 nights in February
- 24 Guadalajara and Puerto Vallarta trip
- 25 Santa Teresa vs Montezuma in Costa Rica