I am just starting to plan our 10 day honeymoon trip. This is our first time to Costa Rica and we are quite excited. Here are the specs with related questions.
1) Dates: July 1st, 2013 leaving the 10th. Is this going to be too rainy?
2) Rental car: a good idea or is it better to just get public transit (don't have much extra money for flights)
3) Locations: I'm completely open to suggestions on this one, would like to be on the ocean for part of the trip. We are thinking about 3 locations
4) Lodging: any good suggestions of bed and breakfasts, local gems, hotels? We don't want to stay at the overly touristy hotels/resorts that seem fake.
5) Activities: We want to: hike, see waterfalls, lounge on beaches, jungle tours and are open to other adventures.
6) What do you think this might cost? We don't want to be cheap but at the same time won't be spending money on too many guided trips (especially for hiking) or $250+ hotel rooms (is 100-150/night reasonable?).
I know there are a lot of questions there so thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Central America Safety?! Any suggestions will help.
- 2 Food and health in Cancún.
- 3 Any advice on a place to stay in Los Cabos for a family of 4
- 4 Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun
- 5 Need help optimizing 3 month backpacking trip in Central America
- 6 Costa Rica 5 Days in Fall
- 7 Costa Rica--first time
- 8 Personal Tour Guide Needed - Museum of Anthropolgy
- 9 Will anyone be in Oaxaca, 9/21-10/10?
- 10 Guadalajara vs Mexico City in June, 5 nights
- 11 Travelogue: Mexico City (w/2 small kids)
- 12 Dangers of crossing Darien Gap
- 13 Azul Sensatori
- 14 DF + Where Else? 10-11 days
- 15 Land Border & Monterrey to Mexican Language School & Side Trips
- 16 Honeymoon itinerary help!
- 17 La Paloma reviews?
- 18 Westjet flights to Merida
- 19 Cancun beaches coated with thick seaweed
- 20 Safety for swimming in ocean
- 21 Costa Rica or Belize with kids in late August/early September?
- 22 Where to eat in Costa Rica
- 23 Adult only all inclusive
- 24 Help needed - Riviera Maya or Puerto Plata in Feb
- 25 Trip to Punta de Mita in January and need help with planning