I am just starting to plan our 10 day honeymoon trip. This is our first time to Costa Rica and we are quite excited. Here are the specs with related questions.
1) Dates: July 1st, 2013 leaving the 10th. Is this going to be too rainy?
2) Rental car: a good idea or is it better to just get public transit (don't have much extra money for flights)
3) Locations: I'm completely open to suggestions on this one, would like to be on the ocean for part of the trip. We are thinking about 3 locations
4) Lodging: any good suggestions of bed and breakfasts, local gems, hotels? We don't want to stay at the overly touristy hotels/resorts that seem fake.
5) Activities: We want to: hike, see waterfalls, lounge on beaches, jungle tours and are open to other adventures.
6) What do you think this might cost? We don't want to be cheap but at the same time won't be spending money on too many guided trips (especially for hiking) or $250+ hotel rooms (is 100-150/night reasonable?).
I know there are a lot of questions there so thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Driving there in Baja: safe or not?
- 2 La Fortuna or Manuel Antonio?
- 3 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 4 Looking for a really unique day trip in Costa Rica
- 5 Architecture - Old and New Mexico
- 6 Mexico or Nicaragua for Beach Loving Adventurers
- 7 Belize, Roatan or Cozumel: which is best snorkeling?
- 8 Chetumal to Caye Caulker- is it really worth it??
- 9 Guadalajara and Puerto Vallarta trip
- 10 Places to stay in Belize
- 11 Costa Rica vs. Mexico vs. Hawaii
- 12 loan offer money
- 13 beaches in El Salvador near a town
- 14 Gluten Free Belize
- 15 Honeymoon Planning - help wanted!
- 16 First time to Mexico - GTO and SMA General questions
- 17 Cell Phone Internet While in Mexico?
- 18 Is this a Doable Day Trip?
- 19 buying silver jewelry in cancun
- 20 Ritz Carlton Cancun for Romantic Getaway or Too Much of "Party Place?"
- 21 In Cancun right now..
- 22 flights to san Jose, costa rica
- 23 Self-directed day trips from Riu Guanacaste?
- 24 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 25 Resort with nightlife for 40th bday