I stayed in an apt. attached to a guide's home on Ambergris Caye, San Pedro off the coast of Belize. The guide was super knowledgeable and cool! His name is Daniel Nunez and his wife, Elodia runs the apts. We went on amazing tours with him even to Altun Ha Mayan ruin back on the mainland (by boat). If you go inland towards Western Belize do not miss Pook's Hill!! It is located a few miles from Belmopan, the capital of Belize in the heart of the jungle. It is a bit pricey for backpackers ($90/night), but absolutely worth it if it is the only splurging you do down there! Watch out for the Spirit of Place web catagory article I wrote on it called "The Tao of Pook, Too" If you need more info. email me! Pook's Hill phone # is 5010812017
Help, need info on Belize, Guatemala and area!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Spanish School in Tulum, Mexico
- 2 Ho, Ho, Oaxaca
- 3 OAXACA markets….question or two..guide?
- 4 think twice before using expedia
- 5 Meztli Spanish School in Tulum, Mexico
- 6 Bringing snacks into Mexico
- 7 best places in Baja
- 8 Beachfront in Tulum
- 9 Belize, first time
- 10 las palapas/mahekal???? Looking for quiet AI in Mexico???
- 11 How far a drive from Playa Grande to Riu Palace?
- 12 Catamaran Sailing in Costa Rica & Questions Answered
- 13 Costa Rica with young kids
- 14 10 Days in Central America. Where should I go?
- 15 Lovin' Costa Rica with Kids
- 16 Security in Oaxaca
- 17 Panama for Chistmas - tips? ideas?
- 18 Mexico City and the butterfly migration....anyone been?
- 19 Guatemala for adventure, activity and relaxing?
- 20 MEX to Polanco hotel? Taxi?
- 21 Things to do in Papagayo in the rainy season?
- 22 Shoes for Costa Rica in Nov.
- 23 One week home-stay/ language school during hoilday
- 24 Exploring “Greece” in Costa Rica
- 25 cancun