I stayed in an apt. attached to a guide's home on Ambergris Caye, San Pedro off the coast of Belize. The guide was super knowledgeable and cool! His name is Daniel Nunez and his wife, Elodia runs the apts. We went on amazing tours with him even to Altun Ha Mayan ruin back on the mainland (by boat). If you go inland towards Western Belize do not miss Pook's Hill!! It is located a few miles from Belmopan, the capital of Belize in the heart of the jungle. It is a bit pricey for backpackers ($90/night), but absolutely worth it if it is the only splurging you do down there! Watch out for the Spirit of Place web catagory article I wrote on it called "The Tao of Pook, Too" If you need more info. email me! Pook's Hill phone # is 5010812017
Help, need info on Belize, Guatemala and area!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Spanish School In Quetzaltenango
- 2 Retire in Mexico or Centeral America
- 3 tulum, punta allen and sian ka an
- 4 Bus from Guatemala City to Nicaragua
- 5 Traveling to Mexico City in April and need guidance
- 6 Costa Rica Pacific Highlands and Coast-Feb 2015
- 7 Costa Rica
- 8 Hotel with kids in Tulum or Akumal?
- 9 Last minute Cancun trip must do's?
- 10 Car Service from Cancun Airport
- 11 Wanted - Family Resort with Great Food - Cancun - Playa del Carmen
- 12 Costa Rica tentative Itinerary - input please
- 13 Oaxaca Restaurant Recommendations
- 14 Cancun vs. Playa Del Carmen Area
- 15 Tocumen Airport layover
- 16 Best Restauranr Meal you had in Oaxaca
- 17 Peace Lodge? Or somewhere else?
- 18 Sayulita infomation
- 19 Wanted! Chilled beach and snorkel time on a budget, Mexico or...?
- 20 luxury hotels in Panama City with great location
- 21 Coastal resorts for mature single male
- 22 Help ! - FRAUD concern, Mayan Palace/Cancun Bay Tours, Riviera Maya
- 23 Wanted. Costa Rica All inclusive f/Calgary. Hoping for beach & town
- 24 Indianapolis to Puerto Vallarta by Land
- 25 passport expiration date?