I stayed in an apt. attached to a guide's home on Ambergris Caye, San Pedro off the coast of Belize. The guide was super knowledgeable and cool! His name is Daniel Nunez and his wife, Elodia runs the apts. We went on amazing tours with him even to Altun Ha Mayan ruin back on the mainland (by boat). If you go inland towards Western Belize do not miss Pook's Hill!! It is located a few miles from Belmopan, the capital of Belize in the heart of the jungle. It is a bit pricey for backpackers ($90/night), but absolutely worth it if it is the only splurging you do down there! Watch out for the Spirit of Place web catagory article I wrote on it called "The Tao of Pook, Too" If you need more info. email me! Pook's Hill phone # is 5010812017
Help, need info on Belize, Guatemala and area!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Looking for suggestions for 7-8 days in Mexico
- 2 Villahermosa, Tabasco to San Cristobal de las Casas, Chiapas
- 3 Playa del Carmen
- 4 Bicycle riding in La Pas Mexico
- 5 Trying to decide between Hawaii or Mexico for family trip
- 6 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun
- 7 if we do bosque del cabo-where else can we go that is nearby?
- 8 Labor Day Weekend Weather in Playa Del Carmen
- 9 tours to gatun locks panama
- 10 Panama in October
- 11 Riviera Maya - Where to Stay?
- 12 hotels in oaxaca centro historico
- 13 loved la carolina lodge-what are similar spots in cr?
- 14 Hotel or House in Tulum?
- 15 Costa Rica First Trip -- Help
- 16 Red Frog Beach Resort or Popa Paradise (or another option?)
- 17 Driving & Camping in Baja California
- 18 Monteverde from Liberia
- 19 Uvita during green/rainy season - should we go??
- 20 Costa Rica: Mal Pais or Manuel Antonio?
- 21 San Jose, Costa Rica
- 22 mayan ruins family trip
- 23 Puerto Vallarta - charm and low key
- 24 Cancun / Playa del Carmen with Young Kids
- 25 MEXICO CITY (DF)....restaurants, fondas--looking for great food&music!