I stayed in an apt. attached to a guide's home on Ambergris Caye, San Pedro off the coast of Belize. The guide was super knowledgeable and cool! His name is Daniel Nunez and his wife, Elodia runs the apts. We went on amazing tours with him even to Altun Ha Mayan ruin back on the mainland (by boat). If you go inland towards Western Belize do not miss Pook's Hill!! It is located a few miles from Belmopan, the capital of Belize in the heart of the jungle. It is a bit pricey for backpackers ($90/night), but absolutely worth it if it is the only splurging you do down there! Watch out for the Spirit of Place web catagory article I wrote on it called "The Tao of Pook, Too" If you need more info. email me! Pook's Hill phone # is 5010812017
Help, need info on Belize, Guatemala and area!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Should we cancel our vacation to Mexico in December?
- 2 Renting a car in Cancun
- 3 time needed to depart San Jose airport
- 4 First trip to Ajijic-Advice Needed
- 5 Best Places to Visit in Mexico
- 6 Yucatan - April 2015 Mayan Ruin week trip - Need help planning
- 7 Unreliable www.cancuntransfers.com - DO NOT USE their service
- 8 best hotel for family traveling with young adults in Panama City
- 9 A Week in Montezuma
- 10 Need help with airport transfer in Mexico
- 11 Finalizing Graduation trip for granddaughter
- 12 thinking of changing itinerary in CR-need feedback
- 13 Tlaquepaque and Colima - December 2014
- 14 Cheap One Man Trip to Mexico
- 15 Riviera Maya or Puerto Vallarta
- 16 snorkeling and relaxing beach vacation.
- 17 Best country to deep sea fish in May?
- 18 Looking for suggestions for Mexico beach vacation
- 19 Lovin' Costa Rica with Kids
- 20 Cabo San Lucas - December end 2014
- 21 Belize Itinerary help!
- 22 Food allergy awareness in Cancun, mexico
- 23 Driving in "inner" mexico; is it safe?
- 24 Costa Rica Travel
- 25 Planning Mexico by February