I'm considering December for my first trip to Belize (it would also be my first trip to Latin America, actually). While I have yet to put down a deposit, I am strongly considering an itinerary offered by REI / Island Expeditions that presents a few mainland activities followed by a trip to Glover's Reef for sea-kayaking and snorkeling.
Has anyone else done similar activities at that time of year? Most reviews I've seen for this trip have been from March/April, but December works a lot better for my timetable. Any thoughts on potential pros or cons?
I'm also about 99% sure I'd like to tack on a trip to the ATM cave (probably with Pacz?)either before or after the Glover's Reef portion of the trip. I've read that there may be issues getting there in the rainy season; does anyone know whether going in December will give me a good chance of avoiding those issues?
Any tips, suggestions, encouragements or warnings are welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Driver needed for Panama City
- 2 Two weeks in Panama, a new adventure...
- 3 Playa Del Carmen All Inclusive with party atmosphere?
- 4 Great Infographic on SportFishing in Costa Rica
- 5 Best resort for our situation?
- 6 Manuel Antonio - Private Villa or Tulemar?
- 7 Tikal
- 8 Transportation to hotel from airport
- 9 Bosque Del Cabo one week or split with Iguana Lodge
- 10 Belize - need help with planning our 10 days
- 11 Tour/Excursion operators Arenal & Manuel Antonio
- 12 Sarah's Cozy Casita's/Playa Coronado
- 13 Belize-how many days for beach and jungle
- 14 Best bus service from Queretero to San Miguel d"Alende
- 15 ADO or other bus booking questions
- 16 Sunday bus schedule hours
- 17 Need help w/mother/daughter 3 day side excursion
- 18 Visit to Xela, Antigua, Atitlan
- 19 Glover's ongoing report on Guatemala, Honduras, and Nicaragua
- 20 Iberostar Club Membership Sales Pitch
- 21 Help with excursions from Black Rock Lodge
- 22 STAY AWAY FROM AMERICA CAR RENTAL!!
- 23 Belize, Rotaan, Cozumel - WHAT TO DO?? HELP!!
- 24 Entertaining young children in Tulum/Akumal
- 25 Wanna be Expats!!! Can we move to Mexico sooner? Work? Elsewhere?