I'm considering December for my first trip to Belize (it would also be my first trip to Latin America, actually). While I have yet to put down a deposit, I am strongly considering an itinerary offered by REI / Island Expeditions that presents a few mainland activities followed by a trip to Glover's Reef for sea-kayaking and snorkeling.
Has anyone else done similar activities at that time of year? Most reviews I've seen for this trip have been from March/April, but December works a lot better for my timetable. Any thoughts on potential pros or cons?
I'm also about 99% sure I'd like to tack on a trip to the ATM cave (probably with Pacz?)either before or after the Glover's Reef portion of the trip. I've read that there may be issues getting there in the rainy season; does anyone know whether going in December will give me a good chance of avoiding those issues?
Any tips, suggestions, encouragements or warnings are welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 One week in CR...stay in one area or divide time
- 2 One month surf and yoga
- 3 Azul five, Grand Velas or Grand Palladium resorts??
- 4 Airport Shuttle in Mazatlan
- 5 Returning home
- 6 Our first trip to Mexico-It won't be our last!
- 7 Family trip to Costa Rica in December.
- 8 Which beach location (w/ small kids)?
- 9 Dr Simon Andrew Casey - Want to know about Mexican Culture ??
- 10 Cancun all inclusive
- 11 Ticket changes for Tikal - buy in advance at Banrural bank
- 12 Suggested destinations, Yucatan Peninsula, Xmas/NYE.
- 13 Advice Needed For a Trip to Belize
- 14 Your favorite Mayan sites?
- 15 Destination similar to Puerto Vallarta
- 16 Expired Mexican Passport going to Mexico
- 17 Recommendations for family vacation in Puerto Vallarta or other ideas???
- 18 White hair in Valladolid....
- 19 Roatan
- 20 Costa Rica in summer (end July/early August) with kids
- 21 Puerto Vallarta Easter Weekend 2017
- 22 Driving Time
- 23 Guanajuato
- 24 best new site in costa rica
- 25 Family of 13 travelling week of Christmas