I'm considering December for my first trip to Belize (it would also be my first trip to Latin America, actually). While I have yet to put down a deposit, I am strongly considering an itinerary offered by REI / Island Expeditions that presents a few mainland activities followed by a trip to Glover's Reef for sea-kayaking and snorkeling.
Has anyone else done similar activities at that time of year? Most reviews I've seen for this trip have been from March/April, but December works a lot better for my timetable. Any thoughts on potential pros or cons?
I'm also about 99% sure I'd like to tack on a trip to the ATM cave (probably with Pacz?)either before or after the Glover's Reef portion of the trip. I've read that there may be issues getting there in the rainy season; does anyone know whether going in December will give me a good chance of avoiding those issues?
Any tips, suggestions, encouragements or warnings are welcome!
First-timer to Belize -- what to expect in December?
- 1 Driving around costa ica
- 2 How much cash to bring to Belize?
- 3 2013 GTG - Bosque del Cabo, Costa Rica
- 4 Belize in August with teens
- 5 Tequila Visit, Jalisco
- 6 Campeche anyone?
- 7 Lovin' Costa Rica with Kids
- 8 Isla Mujeres, Cozumel or Playa del Carmen for best swimming and snorkeling?
- 9 TACA canceling several CR flights
- 10 Last Minute Puerto Vallarta
- 11 Costa Rica - Car Rental Help!
- 12 Which would you recommend? Four Seasons Punta Mita OR Four Seasons Nevis?
- 13 Learn Spanish in Quetzaltenango - Xela, Guatemala
- 14 Bring snorkel gear to Costa Rica?
- 15 Timeshare Presentation For Deep Discount On A Resort Worth It???
- 16 Just back from Puerto Vallarta
- 17 AI in Cancun vicinity
- 18 Cancun day trips
- 19 Quick CR Trip Report
- 20 Notorized Letter of Consent
- 21 4 days before heading to Sandos Playacar
- 22 3rd CR trip suggestions please...
- 23 Can u recommend a lux AI in PDC or Riviera Maya?
- 24 Do I need a permission letter to travel alone with my minor niece?
- 25 help blue bay grand vs sandos riviera