I'm considering December for my first trip to Belize (it would also be my first trip to Latin America, actually). While I have yet to put down a deposit, I am strongly considering an itinerary offered by REI / Island Expeditions that presents a few mainland activities followed by a trip to Glover's Reef for sea-kayaking and snorkeling.
Has anyone else done similar activities at that time of year? Most reviews I've seen for this trip have been from March/April, but December works a lot better for my timetable. Any thoughts on potential pros or cons?
I'm also about 99% sure I'd like to tack on a trip to the ATM cave (probably with Pacz?)either before or after the Glover's Reef portion of the trip. I've read that there may be issues getting there in the rainy season; does anyone know whether going in December will give me a good chance of avoiding those issues?
Any tips, suggestions, encouragements or warnings are welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 HP printer 18OO:681:7208 installation support HP Tec*h
- 2 Oaxaca for Muertos 2017
- 3 Belize itinerary help
- 4 5 days in Costa Rica First time; Please help.
- 5 Getting to Chelem from Merida Airport
- 6 live from PV !
- 7 Help choosing Spanish course / immersion in Southern Mexico
- 8 Heads up; Diversion pick pocket Cabo
- 9 Mexico
- 10 Nicaragua - Hurricane Nate damage??
- 11 Belize planning help
- 12 Another Yucatan trip report
- 13 Safe to drive in Cabo?
- 14 Trip Report - Yucatan
- 15 Puerto Vallarta & Vicinity
- 16 2017 SMA Trip
- 17 Panama Canal transit - Panama to Costa Rica or reverse?
- 18 Recommended Mexico City Guidebook?
- 19 Honeymoon in January 2018
- 20 7 days in Costa Rica - Itinerary suggestions wanted
- 21 Mineral De Pozos mini-trip report
- 22 1 month in Puerto Vallarta
- 23 OK to travel to Zihua and Ixtapa?
- 24 US Citizen leaving Mexico without Passport
- 25 Bocas ??