I'm considering December for my first trip to Belize (it would also be my first trip to Latin America, actually). While I have yet to put down a deposit, I am strongly considering an itinerary offered by REI / Island Expeditions that presents a few mainland activities followed by a trip to Glover's Reef for sea-kayaking and snorkeling.
Has anyone else done similar activities at that time of year? Most reviews I've seen for this trip have been from March/April, but December works a lot better for my timetable. Any thoughts on potential pros or cons?
I'm also about 99% sure I'd like to tack on a trip to the ATM cave (probably with Pacz?)either before or after the Glover's Reef portion of the trip. I've read that there may be issues getting there in the rainy season; does anyone know whether going in December will give me a good chance of avoiding those issues?
Any tips, suggestions, encouragements or warnings are welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 http://newmusclesupplements.com/muscle-xtx/
- 2 http://newmusclesupplements.com/muscle-xtx/
- 3 Finalizing Costa Rica Itinerary-a few questions
- 4 Overshadowed Exciting Puebla
- 5 Roads Guate-Pana and Pana-Antigua and
- 6 Planning a trip to Costa Rica in September?
- 7 Ideas for a trip to CR
- 8 girls getaway
- 9 Tulum and Akumal Tours
- 10 Our incredible week in the Osa
- 11 Guanajuato
- 12 Starting an activity based company in Punta De Mita (Puerto Vallarta)
- 13 First time CR intinerary help
- 14 Costa Rica family vacation - December
- 15 Second trip to CR - advice on Pacific coast
- 16 Yucatan/Quintana Roo Itinerary
- 17 Cancun All inclusive
- 18 Costa Rica 4 areas help
- 19 Cancun and cuba
- 20 Antigua & Guate; Primera Vez en Centroamérica
- 21 Riviera Maya weather next week
- 22 Travelling the coast of Mexico
- 23 Belize vs. Costa Rica
- 24 Hotels in Playa del Carmen?
- 25 vacation rentals in Antigua Guatemala?