I'm considering December for my first trip to Belize (it would also be my first trip to Latin America, actually). While I have yet to put down a deposit, I am strongly considering an itinerary offered by REI / Island Expeditions that presents a few mainland activities followed by a trip to Glover's Reef for sea-kayaking and snorkeling.
Has anyone else done similar activities at that time of year? Most reviews I've seen for this trip have been from March/April, but December works a lot better for my timetable. Any thoughts on potential pros or cons?
I'm also about 99% sure I'd like to tack on a trip to the ATM cave (probably with Pacz?)either before or after the Glover's Reef portion of the trip. I've read that there may be issues getting there in the rainy season; does anyone know whether going in December will give me a good chance of avoiding those issues?
Any tips, suggestions, encouragements or warnings are welcome!
First-timer to Belize -- what to expect in December?
- 1 AI in Cancun vicinity
- 2 Bring snorkel gear to Costa Rica?
- 3 How much cash to bring to Belize?
- 4 Cancun day trips
- 5 Quick CR Trip Report
- 6 Just back from Puerto Vallarta
- 7 Notorized Letter of Consent
- 8 4 days before heading to Sandos Playacar
- 9 Tequila Visit, Jalisco
- 10 3rd CR trip suggestions please...
- 11 Puerto Vallarta Mayan Palace
- 12 Which would you recommend? Four Seasons Punta Mita OR Four Seasons Nevis?
- 13 Can u recommend a lux AI in PDC or Riviera Maya?
- 14 Do I need a permission letter to travel alone with my minor niece?
- 15 help blue bay grand vs sandos riviera
- 16 Last Minute Puerto Vallarta
- 17 Help ! - FRAUD concern, Mayan Palace/Cancun Bay Tours, Riviera Maya
- 18 CANCUN: Sandos Caracol Beach Resort & Spa, Riviera Maya
- 19 Where to stay on Mayan riviera?
- 20 Advice on trip to Costa Rica for myself and three late teenagers
- 21 Rental cars $s for Panama
- 22 Grand Mayan Palace - Nuevo Vallarta
- 23 Driving in Mexico
- 24 Sandos Playacar Beach Resort Cancun Mexico
- 25 After Tikal... suggestions?