I'm considering December for my first trip to Belize (it would also be my first trip to Latin America, actually). While I have yet to put down a deposit, I am strongly considering an itinerary offered by REI / Island Expeditions that presents a few mainland activities followed by a trip to Glover's Reef for sea-kayaking and snorkeling.
Has anyone else done similar activities at that time of year? Most reviews I've seen for this trip have been from March/April, but December works a lot better for my timetable. Any thoughts on potential pros or cons?
I'm also about 99% sure I'd like to tack on a trip to the ATM cave (probably with Pacz?)either before or after the Glover's Reef portion of the trip. I've read that there may be issues getting there in the rainy season; does anyone know whether going in December will give me a good chance of avoiding those issues?
Any tips, suggestions, encouragements or warnings are welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Homestay
- 2 Puerto Vallarta o Cabo for Christmas break
- 3 1st visit to Costa Rica - Itinerary input appreciated!
- 4 Costa Rica
- 5 12-day June CR trip with school-age kids
- 6 Which Tortuguero Lodge for 2 night visit in January?
- 7 Does Panama have anything Costa Rica doesn't? (Besides the canal)
- 8 Planning a trip to Panama
- 9 Los Suenos Itinerary
- 10 Driving from Mexico to Belize
- 11 Driving from Mexico to Belize and Guatemala
- 12 best air route san diego to san jose
- 13 Cabo San Lucas furniture stores
- 14 reliable car rental company??
- 15 Costa Rica - San Jose to Arenal Drive
- 16 driving from Tabacon to La Fortuna?
- 17 Trip Report: Guatemala in 6 days
- 18 One day in Cozumel - Chichen Itza?
- 19 How long from Cozumel to Ek Balam
- 20 Puerto Vallarta
- 21 Recent Headlines- Cancun
- 22 Panama or Costa Rica?
- 23 Costa Rica limited mobility issues...
- 24 Need help ASAP for Belize
- 25 Are dogs allowed on the beaches