I'm considering December for my first trip to Belize (it would also be my first trip to Latin America, actually). While I have yet to put down a deposit, I am strongly considering an itinerary offered by REI / Island Expeditions that presents a few mainland activities followed by a trip to Glover's Reef for sea-kayaking and snorkeling.
Has anyone else done similar activities at that time of year? Most reviews I've seen for this trip have been from March/April, but December works a lot better for my timetable. Any thoughts on potential pros or cons?
I'm also about 99% sure I'd like to tack on a trip to the ATM cave (probably with Pacz?)either before or after the Glover's Reef portion of the trip. I've read that there may be issues getting there in the rainy season; does anyone know whether going in December will give me a good chance of avoiding those issues?
Any tips, suggestions, encouragements or warnings are welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Costa Rica 5 Days in Fall
- 2 La Paloma reviews?
- 3 Azul Sensatori
- 4 Westjet flights to Merida
- 5 Cancun beaches coated with thick seaweed
- 6 Food and health in Cancún.
- 7 Land Border & Monterrey to Mexican Language School & Side Trips
- 8 Safety for swimming in ocean
- 9 Any advice on a place to stay in Los Cabos for a family of 4
- 10 Costa Rica or Belize with kids in late August/early September?
- 11 Will anyone be in Oaxaca, 9/21-10/10?
- 12 Where to eat in Costa Rica
- 13 Adult only all inclusive
- 14 Help needed - Riviera Maya or Puerto Plata in Feb
- 15 Trip to Punta de Mita in January and need help with planning
- 16 Belize - Where to Go?
- 17 Savegre Hotel
- 18 Day pass at Arenal Observatory Lodge
- 19 Camera & Accessories
- 20 Wildlife in Belize
- 21 Central America Safety?! Any suggestions will help.
- 22 Costa Rica
- 23 TranquilSeas Roatan - feedback or suggestions?
- 24 Riviera Maya seaweed problem....
- 25 Wedding catering in San Miguel de Allende