I'm considering December for my first trip to Belize (it would also be my first trip to Latin America, actually). While I have yet to put down a deposit, I am strongly considering an itinerary offered by REI / Island Expeditions that presents a few mainland activities followed by a trip to Glover's Reef for sea-kayaking and snorkeling.
Has anyone else done similar activities at that time of year? Most reviews I've seen for this trip have been from March/April, but December works a lot better for my timetable. Any thoughts on potential pros or cons?
I'm also about 99% sure I'd like to tack on a trip to the ATM cave (probably with Pacz?)either before or after the Glover's Reef portion of the trip. I've read that there may be issues getting there in the rainy season; does anyone know whether going in December will give me a good chance of avoiding those issues?
Any tips, suggestions, encouragements or warnings are welcome!
First-timer to Belize -- what to expect in December?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Place to have a wedding in May near Cancun
- 2 43 Missing Students in Mexico
- 3 Lodging in Costa Rica in January
- 4 Costa Rica help
- 5 Cancun car rental/emd3 plus others help!
- 6 Mexico City
- 7 1 week in Panama - how does this sound?
- 8 7-8 Days in Panama. Suggested Itinerary?
- 9 Thoughts on Cayo District tours/accommodation options
- 10 Hopefulist in Guatemala 2014 (#3)
- 11 Costa Rica will include airport tax in ticket price
- 12 Belize in June?
- 13 BEWARE: Alamo Car Rental in San Jose STAY AWAY
- 14 Mexico City and the butterfly migration....anyone been?
- 15 Tulemar bungalows vs Arenas del Mar
- 16 How to climb volcanoes at night
- 17 Two Young Women Traveling Alone in Mexico
- 18 Bus service from San Jose´ del Cabo to Totos Santos
- 19 MEXICO CITY (DF)....restaurants, fondas--looking for great food&music!
- 20 Questions re. Bosque del Cabo Cabinas
- 21 Monteverde Accomodations
- 22 Oaxaca in November
- 23 Costa Rica Intinerary help--Arenal and Guanacaste
- 24 DD and I recently returned from five wonderful fun filled days in PV
- 25 OAXACA markets….question or two..guide?