I'm considering December for my first trip to Belize (it would also be my first trip to Latin America, actually). While I have yet to put down a deposit, I am strongly considering an itinerary offered by REI / Island Expeditions that presents a few mainland activities followed by a trip to Glover's Reef for sea-kayaking and snorkeling.
Has anyone else done similar activities at that time of year? Most reviews I've seen for this trip have been from March/April, but December works a lot better for my timetable. Any thoughts on potential pros or cons?
I'm also about 99% sure I'd like to tack on a trip to the ATM cave (probably with Pacz?)either before or after the Glover's Reef portion of the trip. I've read that there may be issues getting there in the rainy season; does anyone know whether going in December will give me a good chance of avoiding those issues?
Any tips, suggestions, encouragements or warnings are welcome!
First-timer to Belize -- what to expect in December?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Spanish School in Tulum, Mexico
- 2 Ho, Ho, Oaxaca
- 3 OAXACA markets….question or two..guide?
- 4 think twice before using expedia
- 5 Meztli Spanish School in Tulum, Mexico
- 6 Bringing snacks into Mexico
- 7 best places in Baja
- 8 Beachfront in Tulum
- 9 Belize, first time
- 10 las palapas/mahekal???? Looking for quiet AI in Mexico???
- 11 How far a drive from Playa Grande to Riu Palace?
- 12 Catamaran Sailing in Costa Rica & Questions Answered
- 13 Costa Rica with young kids
- 14 10 Days in Central America. Where should I go?
- 15 Lovin' Costa Rica with Kids
- 16 Security in Oaxaca
- 17 Panama for Chistmas - tips? ideas?
- 18 Mexico City and the butterfly migration....anyone been?
- 19 Guatemala for adventure, activity and relaxing?
- 20 MEX to Polanco hotel? Taxi?
- 21 Things to do in Papagayo in the rainy season?
- 22 Shoes for Costa Rica in Nov.
- 23 One week home-stay/ language school during hoilday
- 24 Exploring “Greece” in Costa Rica
- 25 cancun