I'm considering December for my first trip to Belize (it would also be my first trip to Latin America, actually). While I have yet to put down a deposit, I am strongly considering an itinerary offered by REI / Island Expeditions that presents a few mainland activities followed by a trip to Glover's Reef for sea-kayaking and snorkeling.
Has anyone else done similar activities at that time of year? Most reviews I've seen for this trip have been from March/April, but December works a lot better for my timetable. Any thoughts on potential pros or cons?
I'm also about 99% sure I'd like to tack on a trip to the ATM cave (probably with Pacz?)either before or after the Glover's Reef portion of the trip. I've read that there may be issues getting there in the rainy season; does anyone know whether going in December will give me a good chance of avoiding those issues?
Any tips, suggestions, encouragements or warnings are welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 %18-0084-16436)))
- 2 18008416436
- 3 Mérida, Yucatán and Cancún, Quintana Roo
- 4 1st trip w/new boyfriend cancun or near by.
- 5 Uvita or Puerto Viejo
- 6 After Bosque del Cabo, where next?
- 7 ADO or other bus booking questions
- 8 Puerto Jiminez Costa Rica in July
- 9 Arenal area: Los Logos or Arenal Springs?
- 10 Costa Rica Itinerary - Help
- 11 Music Video
- 12 July Adventure
- 13 exchanging US dollars for Mexican pesos
- 14 Guatemala trip in August?
- 15 Colonial Mexico for 1 Week - Help?
- 16 Driving Central America
- 17 Nicaragua -- connection
- 18 Driving in Mexico
- 19 june trip-help with itinerary
- 20 3 weeks on the west coast
- 21 Mexico destination for family vacation - not $$$$$
- 22 MEXICAN CAR RENTAL - YUCATAN
- 23 help from a Panamanian
- 24 Costa Rica Vacation Ideas 8 nights
- 25 Costa Rica Guanacaste Region and Reserva Conchal