I'm considering December for my first trip to Belize (it would also be my first trip to Latin America, actually). While I have yet to put down a deposit, I am strongly considering an itinerary offered by REI / Island Expeditions that presents a few mainland activities followed by a trip to Glover's Reef for sea-kayaking and snorkeling.
Has anyone else done similar activities at that time of year? Most reviews I've seen for this trip have been from March/April, but December works a lot better for my timetable. Any thoughts on potential pros or cons?
I'm also about 99% sure I'd like to tack on a trip to the ATM cave (probably with Pacz?)either before or after the Glover's Reef portion of the trip. I've read that there may be issues getting there in the rainy season; does anyone know whether going in December will give me a good chance of avoiding those issues?
Any tips, suggestions, encouragements or warnings are welcome!
First-timer to Belize -- what to expect in December?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Costa Rica & Panama
- 2 Costa Rica accomodation suggestions for Christmas week
- 3 Which Dive shop is best for snorkeling boat tour in akumal
- 4 Volcanogirl Goes to Belize
- 5 Embera Village
- 6 an evening in San Jose...?
- 7 Belize Honeymoon-What not to miss!
- 8 10 days backpacking in Costa Rica
- 9 Food at Leon airport?
- 10 Food at Leon airport?
- 11 Help choosing Spanish course - Mexico / Guatemala?
- 12 condos within walking distance of marina/downtown cabo???
- 13 Bosque del Cabo question-is Phillip good with kids?
- 14 Arco Iris or Fonda vela - Monteverde accommodation
- 15 Tips re Puerto Vallarta
- 16 La Casa Que Canta versus Capella Ixtapa
- 17 Tela and La Ceiba
- 18 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 19 March/April weather
- 20 luxury hotels in Panama City with great location
- 21 Help! Belize or Costa Rica
- 22 Belize vs. Costa Rica
- 23 One Week in Southern Belize
- 24 Costa Rica Vacation with child.
- 25 Just added three nights to Costa Rica Vacation - Leaving this Friday!