I'm considering December for my first trip to Belize (it would also be my first trip to Latin America, actually). While I have yet to put down a deposit, I am strongly considering an itinerary offered by REI / Island Expeditions that presents a few mainland activities followed by a trip to Glover's Reef for sea-kayaking and snorkeling.
Has anyone else done similar activities at that time of year? Most reviews I've seen for this trip have been from March/April, but December works a lot better for my timetable. Any thoughts on potential pros or cons?
I'm also about 99% sure I'd like to tack on a trip to the ATM cave (probably with Pacz?)either before or after the Glover's Reef portion of the trip. I've read that there may be issues getting there in the rainy season; does anyone know whether going in December will give me a good chance of avoiding those issues?
Any tips, suggestions, encouragements or warnings are welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 http://nuvieskincareserum.com/xiphos-supplement/
- 2 Questions concerning our 6 day stay in Mexico City
- 3 Cancun - low key beach suggestions
- 4 Nicaragua-avoid if you can
- 5 Riviera Maya driving safety
- 6 Moon Palace in Cancun
- 7 Belize With Baby & Toddler
- 8 Terrible location for Ocean Maya Royale
- 9 Bosque Del Cabo/Corcovado
- 10 Another question re. Merida car hire - Unirent?
- 11 Non tourist beach in December
- 12 unsafe?
- 13 Driving in Mexico
- 14 Sending things back home.
- 15 Back from Isla Mujeres
- 16 How many nights Santa Elena / CI / Valladolid?
- 17 Costa Rica: Guancaste with kids
- 18 Costa Rica Itinerary Advice Please!
- 19 Costa Rica 3 weeks with 2 kids
- 20 Costa Rica family vacation - December
- 21 Costa rica in december with young kids
- 22 Puerto Vallarta Nov 2016
- 23 White hair in Valladolid....
- 24 cenotes/yucatan peninsula
- 25 unsafer?