I'm considering December for my first trip to Belize (it would also be my first trip to Latin America, actually). While I have yet to put down a deposit, I am strongly considering an itinerary offered by REI / Island Expeditions that presents a few mainland activities followed by a trip to Glover's Reef for sea-kayaking and snorkeling.
Has anyone else done similar activities at that time of year? Most reviews I've seen for this trip have been from March/April, but December works a lot better for my timetable. Any thoughts on potential pros or cons?
I'm also about 99% sure I'd like to tack on a trip to the ATM cave (probably with Pacz?)either before or after the Glover's Reef portion of the trip. I've read that there may be issues getting there in the rainy season; does anyone know whether going in December will give me a good chance of avoiding those issues?
Any tips, suggestions, encouragements or warnings are welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 What to wear in Costa Rica
- 2 Playacar, Playa Carmen or Cancun
- 3 Connection in Mexico City from Buenos Aires to Los Angeles. Enough time?
- 4 Avoiding mosquitos at all inclusive in Riviera Maya?
- 5 Safety for a Solo Female in Acapulco
- 6 Will anyone be in Oaxaca, 9/21-10/10?
- 7 Favorite Surf Towns in Central America
- 8 Copa Airlines?
- 9 Best Hotels for Birding in Costa Rica or Belize?
- 10 Pacific or Carribean side of Costa Rica??
- 11 Mexico City - an underrated destination
- 12 Going to Ixtapa & Zihue mid July
- 13 Honeymoon Planning - help wanted!
- 14 2 weeks in Mexico in September - any advice?
- 15 Tulum (camping)
- 16 Seaweed in Cancun. Royalton Riviera July 2015
- 17 Suggestions for tour for last day
- 18 Riviera Maya
- 19 Excursions
- 20 Amazing vacation in Panama
- 21 Costa Rica & Nicaragua in 16days ?
- 22 How early to book Mexico vacation from SF?
- 23 Peurto Escondido or PV (please help!)
- 24 Costa Rica 8 days in Feb
- 25 Eric Brahms