I'm considering December for my first trip to Belize (it would also be my first trip to Latin America, actually). While I have yet to put down a deposit, I am strongly considering an itinerary offered by REI / Island Expeditions that presents a few mainland activities followed by a trip to Glover's Reef for sea-kayaking and snorkeling.
Has anyone else done similar activities at that time of year? Most reviews I've seen for this trip have been from March/April, but December works a lot better for my timetable. Any thoughts on potential pros or cons?
I'm also about 99% sure I'd like to tack on a trip to the ATM cave (probably with Pacz?)either before or after the Glover's Reef portion of the trip. I've read that there may be issues getting there in the rainy season; does anyone know whether going in December will give me a good chance of avoiding those issues?
Any tips, suggestions, encouragements or warnings are welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Royal Holiday Timeshare Scam
- 2 Help with selecting regions / lodges for second trip to CR
- 3 Guanajuato
- 4 Puerto Vallarta with Kids
- 5 Looking for Costa Rica Advice...leaving in 2 days
- 6 Costa Rica Itinerary Help
- 7 Costa Rica travel help easter
- 8 Amazing..
- 9 10 days in Belize - Tranportaion ?
- 10 Do you need ID to use buses between cities in Mexico?
- 11 Help choosing Spanish course - Mexico / Guatemala?
- 12 First Time to Magical Saltillo Coahuila
- 13 I Love Oaxaca, but...
- 14 Costa Rica with 2 year old and 9 month old
- 15 Fishing around Arenal
- 16 First time CR intinerary help
- 17 dental implants
- 18 1st trip w/new boyfriend cancun or near by.
- 19 Costa Rica- July trip
- 20 Santa Cruze Hualtuco
- 21 Amazing trip to Costa Rica with kids
- 22 Mexico -- how many ruins?
- 23 help from a Panamanian
- 24 Best Panama beach area?
- 25 Driving from Mexico to Belize