I'm considering December for my first trip to Belize (it would also be my first trip to Latin America, actually). While I have yet to put down a deposit, I am strongly considering an itinerary offered by REI / Island Expeditions that presents a few mainland activities followed by a trip to Glover's Reef for sea-kayaking and snorkeling.
Has anyone else done similar activities at that time of year? Most reviews I've seen for this trip have been from March/April, but December works a lot better for my timetable. Any thoughts on potential pros or cons?
I'm also about 99% sure I'd like to tack on a trip to the ATM cave (probably with Pacz?)either before or after the Glover's Reef portion of the trip. I've read that there may be issues getting there in the rainy season; does anyone know whether going in December will give me a good chance of avoiding those issues?
Any tips, suggestions, encouragements or warnings are welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Itinerary help
- 2 Honeymoon Planning - help wanted!
- 3 Belize -- Lamanai and X'Tan Ha
- 4 First time to Mexico - GTO and SMA General questions
- 5 Cell Phone Internet While in Mexico?
- 6 Belize-first timer ?s for Cayes & Cayo w/ Guatemala
- 7 Activities in Costa Rica
- 8 Looking for a really unique day trip in Costa Rica
- 9 all about volcano boarding in Nicaragua
- 10 ATV's, Nightlife, and Poker Cancun
- 11 Private Driver/Assistant Cancun
- 12 Sayulita, Mexico Beaches and hotels
- 13 Costa Rica vs. Mexico vs. Hawaii
- 14 beaches in El Salvador near a town
- 15 Gluten Free Belize
- 16 Is this a Doable Day Trip?
- 17 buying silver jewelry in cancun
- 18 Ritz Carlton Cancun for Romantic Getaway or Too Much of "Party Place?"
- 19 In Cancun right now..
- 20 Driving there in Baja: safe or not?
- 21 La Fortuna or Manuel Antonio?
- 22 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 23 Architecture - Old and New Mexico
- 24 Mexico or Nicaragua for Beach Loving Adventurers
- 25 Belize, Roatan or Cozumel: which is best snorkeling?