I'm considering December for my first trip to Belize (it would also be my first trip to Latin America, actually). While I have yet to put down a deposit, I am strongly considering an itinerary offered by REI / Island Expeditions that presents a few mainland activities followed by a trip to Glover's Reef for sea-kayaking and snorkeling.
Has anyone else done similar activities at that time of year? Most reviews I've seen for this trip have been from March/April, but December works a lot better for my timetable. Any thoughts on potential pros or cons?
I'm also about 99% sure I'd like to tack on a trip to the ATM cave (probably with Pacz?)either before or after the Glover's Reef portion of the trip. I've read that there may be issues getting there in the rainy season; does anyone know whether going in December will give me a good chance of avoiding those issues?
Any tips, suggestions, encouragements or warnings are welcome!
First-timer to Belize -- what to expect in December?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Nicaragua a good choice? we want a local feel!!
- 2 Family vacation in beautiful, blissful Belize
- 3 Tubing in Belize
- 4 lodging in lima and cuzco, peru
- 5 Cuzco, Peru - Altitude sickness is it always a problem there?
- 6 Traveling to Mexico City in April and need guidance
- 7 Nicaragua trip on 5/22...Need help, pls
- 8 Beach Erosion in Playa del Carmen??
- 9 Gunacaste All Inclusive
- 10 La Casa Que Canta versus Capella Ixtapa
- 11 Costa Rica Pacific Highlands and Coast-Feb 2015
- 12 Showers with butterflies on the OSA & Quetzal near Poas: CR TR
- 13 Looking for a Romantic Beach Bungalow in Riviera Maya
- 14 Looking for member reviews of Gran Caribe Real in Cancun
- 15 Glover continues on to Mexico (after Colombia)
- 16 13 nights in Costa Rica Itinerary
- 17 celebration in Huatulco - Villa Pacifico or VillaBlanca or other? Help please
- 18 Fairmont Mayakoba and Playa del Carmen Trip Report
- 19 Belize, Roatan or Cozumel: which is best snorkeling?
- 20 Last minute Cancun trip must do's?
- 21 A hotel on the beach in Tamarindo
- 22 Have airfare, am wishy washy on where to stay!-Costa Rica
- 23 cost of private car between different places in Costa Rica
- 24 A great destination in Costa Rica: the Osa Peninsula and Bosque del Cabo
- 25 Looking for Riviera Maya All-Inclusive Help