I'm considering December for my first trip to Belize (it would also be my first trip to Latin America, actually). While I have yet to put down a deposit, I am strongly considering an itinerary offered by REI / Island Expeditions that presents a few mainland activities followed by a trip to Glover's Reef for sea-kayaking and snorkeling.
Has anyone else done similar activities at that time of year? Most reviews I've seen for this trip have been from March/April, but December works a lot better for my timetable. Any thoughts on potential pros or cons?
I'm also about 99% sure I'd like to tack on a trip to the ATM cave (probably with Pacz?)either before or after the Glover's Reef portion of the trip. I've read that there may be issues getting there in the rainy season; does anyone know whether going in December will give me a good chance of avoiding those issues?
Any tips, suggestions, encouragements or warnings are welcome!
First-timer to Belize -- what to expect in December?
- 1 First trip to Belize.. help!
- 2 Costa Rica Rainforests
- 3 Just returned from Playa Del Carmen - have some new recs
- 4 please help!
- 5 Lovin' Costa Rica with Kids
- 6 Roatan, Belize and Cozumel excursion ideas in November
- 7 Oaxaca or San Miguel de Allende
- 8 Belize
- 9 Costa Rica All Inclusive
- 10 Need help Planning Costa Rica Trip
- 11 Beaches in Costa Rica
- 12 Excellence Resort advice
- 13 (BELIZE )Honeymoon in November - Help!
- 14 2013 GTG - Bosque del Cabo, Costa Rica
- 15 Where's best to stay for scuba?
- 16 Bus from Guadalajara to Puerta Vallarta
- 17 Costa rica questions?
- 18 Baja California
- 19 SJO-Jaco beach transportation
- 20 Motorcycles
- 21 Studying Abroad in Costa Rica
- 22 Best Quaint All Inclusive Resort
- 23 Upcoming Costa Rica Honeymoon Trip!
- 24 Nude sunbathing advice
- 25 1st Time to CR