I'm considering December for my first trip to Belize (it would also be my first trip to Latin America, actually). While I have yet to put down a deposit, I am strongly considering an itinerary offered by REI / Island Expeditions that presents a few mainland activities followed by a trip to Glover's Reef for sea-kayaking and snorkeling.
Has anyone else done similar activities at that time of year? Most reviews I've seen for this trip have been from March/April, but December works a lot better for my timetable. Any thoughts on potential pros or cons?
I'm also about 99% sure I'd like to tack on a trip to the ATM cave (probably with Pacz?)either before or after the Glover's Reef portion of the trip. I've read that there may be issues getting there in the rainy season; does anyone know whether going in December will give me a good chance of avoiding those issues?
Any tips, suggestions, encouragements or warnings are welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Yucatan Trip--which plan sounds better?
- 2 Horseback waterfall trip
- 3 nicaragua-Rancho Santana
- 4 A First TripTo Puerta Vallerta
- 5 Hotel in Los Cabos? JW Marriott, Marquis, Hilton or Westin?
- 6 Good eats near Lagunamar?
- 7 Sad Sad Day for my favorite beach city
- 8 Nicaragua - dividing time between Leon and Granada
- 9 San Jose to Puerto Viejo Costa Rica and Hostel in San Jose
- 10 New to Travel is Costa Rica in Rainy Season
- 11 best AI Adult in Cancun and the Riviera
- 12 Guanajuato to Mexico City and Butterfly Sanctuary
- 13 Returning home
- 14 White hair in Valladolid....
- 15 Family trip to Costa Rica in December.
- 16 Please help with my Yucatan itinerary
- 17 Uber in Panama
- 18 Costa Rica in summer (end July/early August) with kids
- 19 Our CR Itinerary & a Spider Question
- 20 Shuttle Bus Service in Costa Rica
- 21 Mexico (Yucatan Peninsula) Non AL suggestions
- 22 4 days in Belize
- 23 Belize trip report-April 3-10th
- 24 Belize in Aug 25-Sep3
- 25 Luxury hotel off the beaten path?