I'm considering December for my first trip to Belize (it would also be my first trip to Latin America, actually). While I have yet to put down a deposit, I am strongly considering an itinerary offered by REI / Island Expeditions that presents a few mainland activities followed by a trip to Glover's Reef for sea-kayaking and snorkeling.
Has anyone else done similar activities at that time of year? Most reviews I've seen for this trip have been from March/April, but December works a lot better for my timetable. Any thoughts on potential pros or cons?
I'm also about 99% sure I'd like to tack on a trip to the ATM cave (probably with Pacz?)either before or after the Glover's Reef portion of the trip. I've read that there may be issues getting there in the rainy season; does anyone know whether going in December will give me a good chance of avoiding those issues?
Any tips, suggestions, encouragements or warnings are welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Best Hotels for Birding in Costa Rica or Belize?
- 2 Rental Car in Mexico
- 3 Five nights Ambergris Caye - Itinerary help
- 4 Packing for Ambergris Caye
- 5 Costa Rica--first time
- 6 Cabo San Lucas timeshare presentations
- 7 caravan tour of costa rica
- 8 Blue Hole
- 9 Car rental in Cancun
- 10 Proposal
- 11 Timeshare Presentation For Deep Discount On A Resort Worth It???
- 12 driving from laredo to the pacific side
- 13 Itinerary help for 7 days out of Cancun to beaches and Ruins!
- 14 Villa, hotel recommendations for 3 families, 6 kids in Costa Rica
- 15 Gran Hotel de Querataro
- 16 Seaweed
- 17 Honeymoon itinerary help!
- 18 Some suggestions for Mayan Riveria
- 19 Savegre Hotel
- 20 The russians are coming to Nicaragua
- 21 Guanacaste & Puntarenas
- 22 Tours starting and ending in Liberia, Costa Rica?
- 23 Canopy Zip-RAIL rollercoaster
- 24 Saving Unspoiled Guanaja
- 25 Arenal Observatory Lodge?