I'm considering December for my first trip to Belize (it would also be my first trip to Latin America, actually). While I have yet to put down a deposit, I am strongly considering an itinerary offered by REI / Island Expeditions that presents a few mainland activities followed by a trip to Glover's Reef for sea-kayaking and snorkeling.
Has anyone else done similar activities at that time of year? Most reviews I've seen for this trip have been from March/April, but December works a lot better for my timetable. Any thoughts on potential pros or cons?
I'm also about 99% sure I'd like to tack on a trip to the ATM cave (probably with Pacz?)either before or after the Glover's Reef portion of the trip. I've read that there may be issues getting there in the rainy season; does anyone know whether going in December will give me a good chance of avoiding those issues?
Any tips, suggestions, encouragements or warnings are welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Xcaret worth it or not?
- 2 PDC Blue Parrot shooting
- 3 Our CR Itinerary & a Spider Question
- 4 I waited too long! What would you do?
- 5 PV Easter Weekend 2017
- 6 Recommendations for 4nights/5days in Costa Rica
- 7 8 Night Trip to Belize
- 8 3rd-10th april
- 9 May in Central America
- 10 Costa Rica limited mobility issues...
- 11 Ixtapa Zihua safety
- 12 Pesos for Dollars exchange
- 13 Four night is PV
- 14 Beach alternatives to SJDS
- 15 Best Cruise Stop For Mayan Ruins - Cozumel or Costa Maya?
- 16 Travel Guatemala City to Panajachel
- 17 San Miguel
- 18 Oaxaca in march
- 19 Luis Barragan in Mexico City
- 20 Where to stay in Placencia, Belize?
- 21 Snorkeling trips
- 22 Diving (Riviera Maya)
- 23 In search of place to take my adult daughters on vacation
- 24 best new site in costa rica
- 25 Tikal, Guatemala