I am throwing around ideas for a big trip next year and am considering Panama (specifically a stay in Panama City and in the Buenaventura area). The problem is the time of year I would be able to visit would be late May which I know is smack in the middle of the rainy season. I was in Costa Rica during the rainy season and know that different regions of the country experienced different precipitation levels/length of precipitation etc. However, in Costa Rica I was there for a semester whereas in Panama I would only have a week at my disposal and wouldn't want the whole time marred by rain (i.e. not being able to be the beach, roads being flooded etc).
Any information/insight you can provide is much appreciated.
Thanks in advance and happy holidays all!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun
- 2 Central America Safety?! Any suggestions will help.
- 3 Food and health in Cancún.
- 4 Any advice on a place to stay in Los Cabos for a family of 4
- 5 Need help optimizing 3 month backpacking trip in Central America
- 6 Costa Rica 5 Days in Fall
- 7 Costa Rica--first time
- 8 Personal Tour Guide Needed - Museum of Anthropolgy
- 9 Will anyone be in Oaxaca, 9/21-10/10?
- 10 Guadalajara vs Mexico City in June, 5 nights
- 11 Travelogue: Mexico City (w/2 small kids)
- 12 Dangers of crossing Darien Gap
- 13 Azul Sensatori
- 14 DF + Where Else? 10-11 days
- 15 Land Border & Monterrey to Mexican Language School & Side Trips
- 16 Honeymoon itinerary help!
- 17 La Paloma reviews?
- 18 Westjet flights to Merida
- 19 Cancun beaches coated with thick seaweed
- 20 Safety for swimming in ocean
- 21 Costa Rica or Belize with kids in late August/early September?
- 22 Where to eat in Costa Rica
- 23 Adult only all inclusive
- 24 Help needed - Riviera Maya or Puerto Plata in Feb
- 25 Trip to Punta de Mita in January and need help with planning