I am throwing around ideas for a big trip next year and am considering Panama (specifically a stay in Panama City and in the Buenaventura area). The problem is the time of year I would be able to visit would be late May which I know is smack in the middle of the rainy season. I was in Costa Rica during the rainy season and know that different regions of the country experienced different precipitation levels/length of precipitation etc. However, in Costa Rica I was there for a semester whereas in Panama I would only have a week at my disposal and wouldn't want the whole time marred by rain (i.e. not being able to be the beach, roads being flooded etc).
Any information/insight you can provide is much appreciated.
Thanks in advance and happy holidays all!
Avoid Panama during the rainy season?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Non All-inclusive - Where to stay
- 2 La Casa Que Canta versus Capella Ixtapa
- 3 Guatemala City La Aurora International Airport
- 4 Belize -- Lamanai and X'Tan Ha
- 5 Costa Rica & Panama
- 6 Costa Rica accomodation suggestions for Christmas week
- 7 Volcanogirl Goes to Belize
- 8 Which Dive shop is best for snorkeling boat tour in akumal
- 9 Embera Village
- 10 an evening in San Jose...?
- 11 Belize Honeymoon-What not to miss!
- 12 10 days backpacking in Costa Rica
- 13 Food at Leon airport?
- 14 Help choosing Spanish course - Mexico / Guatemala?
- 15 condos within walking distance of marina/downtown cabo???
- 16 Bosque del Cabo question-is Phillip good with kids?
- 17 Arco Iris or Fonda vela - Monteverde accommodation
- 18 Tips re Puerto Vallarta
- 19 Tela and La Ceiba
- 20 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 21 March/April weather
- 22 luxury hotels in Panama City with great location
- 23 Help! Belize or Costa Rica
- 24 Belize vs. Costa Rica
- 25 One Week in Southern Belize