I am throwing around ideas for a big trip next year and am considering Panama (specifically a stay in Panama City and in the Buenaventura area). The problem is the time of year I would be able to visit would be late May which I know is smack in the middle of the rainy season. I was in Costa Rica during the rainy season and know that different regions of the country experienced different precipitation levels/length of precipitation etc. However, in Costa Rica I was there for a semester whereas in Panama I would only have a week at my disposal and wouldn't want the whole time marred by rain (i.e. not being able to be the beach, roads being flooded etc).
Any information/insight you can provide is much appreciated.
Thanks in advance and happy holidays all!
Avoid Panama during the rainy season?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Where should we spend four nights in Maya Riviera?
- 2 ADO Bus Ticket Question
- 3 Panama-like canal in the near future for Nicaragua?
- 4 Advice desired for a family trip to costa rica
- 5 Honeymoon Planning - help wanted!
- 6 help with getting from to Oaxaca to Merida via bus- w/ stops, of course!
- 7 What's the best hotel in the Caribbean Coast of Costa Rica?
- 8 SFO to Mexico_5 days total
- 9 CasaMagana Marriott Puerto Vallart
- 10 Family Fun in Dominical-Trip Report
- 11 Solo Female traveler in Mexico- please review my rough itinerary
- 12 Tamarindo, Costa Rica, in July
- 13 Injury on the Belize Zip- need legal advice
- 14 New Large Resort in Tela Honduras
- 15 Merida-where to stay
- 16 Mexico City Hotels
- 17 Tips re Puerto Vallarta
- 18 Traveling to Mexico City in April and need guidance
- 19 Review of JW Marriott Guanacaste
- 20 Snorkeling
- 21 Guadalajara vs Mexico City in June, 5 nights
- 22 Wanted - Family Resort with Great Food - Cancun - Playa del Carmen
- 23 Nicaragua April 1-11 - OK time to go?
- 24 Cancun or Playa del Carmen
- 25 Questions on What to Pack for Osa Peninsula Trip