I am throwing around ideas for a big trip next year and am considering Panama (specifically a stay in Panama City and in the Buenaventura area). The problem is the time of year I would be able to visit would be late May which I know is smack in the middle of the rainy season. I was in Costa Rica during the rainy season and know that different regions of the country experienced different precipitation levels/length of precipitation etc. However, in Costa Rica I was there for a semester whereas in Panama I would only have a week at my disposal and wouldn't want the whole time marred by rain (i.e. not being able to be the beach, roads being flooded etc).
Any information/insight you can provide is much appreciated.
Thanks in advance and happy holidays all!
Avoid Panama during the rainy season?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Cancun car rental/emd3 plus others help!
- 2 Mexico City
- 3 Costa Rica help
- 4 1 week in Panama - how does this sound?
- 5 7-8 Days in Panama. Suggested Itinerary?
- 6 Thoughts on Cayo District tours/accommodation options
- 7 43 Missing Students in Mexico
- 8 Hopefulist in Guatemala 2014 (#3)
- 9 Costa Rica will include airport tax in ticket price
- 10 Belize in June?
- 11 BEWARE: Alamo Car Rental in San Jose STAY AWAY
- 12 Mexico City and the butterfly migration....anyone been?
- 13 Tulemar bungalows vs Arenas del Mar
- 14 How to climb volcanoes at night
- 15 Two Young Women Traveling Alone in Mexico
- 16 Bus service from San Jose´ del Cabo to Totos Santos
- 17 MEXICO CITY (DF)....restaurants, fondas--looking for great food&music!
- 18 Questions re. Bosque del Cabo Cabinas
- 19 Monteverde Accomodations
- 20 Oaxaca in November
- 21 Costa Rica Intinerary help--Arenal and Guanacaste
- 22 DD and I recently returned from five wonderful fun filled days in PV
- 23 OAXACA markets….question or two..guide?
- 24 Timeshare Presentation For Deep Discount On A Resort Worth It???
- 25 Costa Rica with a 8 year old boy?