I am throwing around ideas for a big trip next year and am considering Panama (specifically a stay in Panama City and in the Buenaventura area). The problem is the time of year I would be able to visit would be late May which I know is smack in the middle of the rainy season. I was in Costa Rica during the rainy season and know that different regions of the country experienced different precipitation levels/length of precipitation etc. However, in Costa Rica I was there for a semester whereas in Panama I would only have a week at my disposal and wouldn't want the whole time marred by rain (i.e. not being able to be the beach, roads being flooded etc).
Any information/insight you can provide is much appreciated.
Thanks in advance and happy holidays all!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Archaeological tours
- 2 moving to mexico
- 3 Driving USA to Guatemala
- 4 Help with itinerary 2 week trip to Mexico
- 5 moving to mexico
- 6 Our incredible week in the Osa
- 7 First Time to Magical Saltillo Coahuila
- 8 Guanajuato
- 9 Cancun All inclusive
- 10 Puebla toTapachula: Chiapas Road Blocks
- 11 Ideas for a trip to CR
- 12 Costa Rica: Guancaste with kids
- 13 Overshadowed Exciting Puebla
- 14 Planning a trip to Costa Rica in September?
- 15 Finalizing Costa Rica Itinerary-a few questions
- 16 Roads Guate-Pana and Pana-Antigua and
- 17 vacation rentals in Antigua Guatemala?
- 18 girls getaway
- 19 Tulum and Akumal Tours
- 20 Starting an activity based company in Punta De Mita (Puerto Vallarta)
- 21 First time CR intinerary help
- 22 Costa Rica family vacation - December
- 23 Second trip to CR - advice on Pacific coast
- 24 Yucatan/Quintana Roo Itinerary
- 25 Costa Rica 4 areas help