I am throwing around ideas for a big trip next year and am considering Panama (specifically a stay in Panama City and in the Buenaventura area). The problem is the time of year I would be able to visit would be late May which I know is smack in the middle of the rainy season. I was in Costa Rica during the rainy season and know that different regions of the country experienced different precipitation levels/length of precipitation etc. However, in Costa Rica I was there for a semester whereas in Panama I would only have a week at my disposal and wouldn't want the whole time marred by rain (i.e. not being able to be the beach, roads being flooded etc).
Any information/insight you can provide is much appreciated.
Thanks in advance and happy holidays all!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Broncos vs Chargers
- 2 live from PV !
- 3 Getting to Chelem from Merida Airport
- 4 Belize itinerary help
- 5 Help choosing Spanish course / immersion in Southern Mexico
- 6 Heads up; Diversion pick pocket Cabo
- 7 Mexico
- 8 Nicaragua - Hurricane Nate damage??
- 9 Belize planning help
- 10 Another Yucatan trip report
- 11 Safe to drive in Cabo?
- 12 Trip Report - Yucatan
- 13 Puerto Vallarta & Vicinity
- 14 2017 SMA Trip
- 15 Panama Canal transit - Panama to Costa Rica or reverse?
- 16 Recommended Mexico City Guidebook?
- 17 Honeymoon in January 2018
- 18 7 days in Costa Rica - Itinerary suggestions wanted
- 19 Mineral De Pozos mini-trip report
- 20 1 month in Puerto Vallarta
- 21 OK to travel to Zihua and Ixtapa?
- 22 US Citizen leaving Mexico without Passport
- 23 Bocas ??
- 24 Young Couple Looking for a Vacation Destination
- 25 San Luis Potosi & La Huasteca