I am throwing around ideas for a big trip next year and am considering Panama (specifically a stay in Panama City and in the Buenaventura area). The problem is the time of year I would be able to visit would be late May which I know is smack in the middle of the rainy season. I was in Costa Rica during the rainy season and know that different regions of the country experienced different precipitation levels/length of precipitation etc. However, in Costa Rica I was there for a semester whereas in Panama I would only have a week at my disposal and wouldn't want the whole time marred by rain (i.e. not being able to be the beach, roads being flooded etc).
Any information/insight you can provide is much appreciated.
Thanks in advance and happy holidays all!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 buying silver jewelry in cancun
- 2 Ritz Carlton Cancun for Romantic Getaway or Too Much of "Party Place?"
- 3 In Cancun right now..
- 4 Gluten Free Belize
- 5 Looking for a really unique day trip in Costa Rica
- 6 Driving there in Baja: safe or not?
- 7 La Fortuna or Manuel Antonio?
- 8 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 9 First time to Mexico - GTO and SMA General questions
- 10 Architecture - Old and New Mexico
- 11 Mexico or Nicaragua for Beach Loving Adventurers
- 12 Costa Rica vs. Mexico vs. Hawaii
- 13 Belize, Roatan or Cozumel: which is best snorkeling?
- 14 Places to stay in Belize
- 15 Chetumal to Caye Caulker- is it really worth it??
- 16 Guadalajara and Puerto Vallarta trip
- 17 flights to san Jose, costa rica
- 18 Self-directed day trips from Riu Guanacaste?
- 19 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 20 Resort with nightlife for 40th bday
- 21 Where should we spend four nights in Maya Riviera?
- 22 Sun, Sand and the Yucatan
- 23 Trip report: Mexico City and San Miguel de Allende 4/15
- 24 Help choosing Spanish course - Mexico / Guatemala?
- 25 Should I Cancel My Trip to Guadalajara in 2 Weeks?