I am throwing around ideas for a big trip next year and am considering Panama (specifically a stay in Panama City and in the Buenaventura area). The problem is the time of year I would be able to visit would be late May which I know is smack in the middle of the rainy season. I was in Costa Rica during the rainy season and know that different regions of the country experienced different precipitation levels/length of precipitation etc. However, in Costa Rica I was there for a semester whereas in Panama I would only have a week at my disposal and wouldn't want the whole time marred by rain (i.e. not being able to be the beach, roads being flooded etc).
Any information/insight you can provide is much appreciated.
Thanks in advance and happy holidays all!
Avoid Panama during the rainy season?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Riviera maya
- 2 Spring in Oaxaca - a perfect getaway for our 15th wedding anniversary!
- 3 3 extra hours in Mexico City airport, any shopping malls nearby?
- 4 Cabo Alternative
- 5 Driving in Belize
- 6 Costa Rica itinerary with young children
- 7 time share jerks in mexico !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- 8 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 9 Cancun & environs move to Eastern time
- 10 24 hours with a car in Cancun. Where to eat? Where to go? There now!
- 11 Cancun in March
- 12 A FOOD-FOCUSED REPORT: MEXICO CITY, PUEBLA, OAXACA
- 13 San Jose del Cabo airport shuttle
- 14 5 Star NOT AI Beachfront Playa del Carmen
- 15 tamarindo (surfing,gun muggins and wildlife encounters)
- 16 8 days in costa rica!
- 17 Old Belize, Belize (Don't Go!)
- 18 Help me with 3rd trip to CR: Bosque del Cabo & WHERE else in Feb?
- 19 Car Rental in Panama
- 20 Costa Rica Itinerary Help!
- 21 Belize
- 22 Planning trip to Panama
- 23 Copa Airlines?
- 24 Intercultura Samara Language School, and Safety in Samara
- 25 Costa Rica - Guanacaste and ? near the arenal volcano or la fortuna