I am throwing around ideas for a big trip next year and am considering Panama (specifically a stay in Panama City and in the Buenaventura area). The problem is the time of year I would be able to visit would be late May which I know is smack in the middle of the rainy season. I was in Costa Rica during the rainy season and know that different regions of the country experienced different precipitation levels/length of precipitation etc. However, in Costa Rica I was there for a semester whereas in Panama I would only have a week at my disposal and wouldn't want the whole time marred by rain (i.e. not being able to be the beach, roads being flooded etc).
Any information/insight you can provide is much appreciated.
Thanks in advance and happy holidays all!
Avoid Panama during the rainy season?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Petit Laffite hotel, Playa del Carmen
- 2 Chan Chich vs. BdC
- 3 White water rafting the Pacuare River April
- 4 April trip to Puerto Vallarta with two young children-- suggestions?
- 5 Puerto Vallarta Favorites
- 6 Mexico region question
- 7 Los Cabos Weather in late Dec
- 8 April trip to Costa Rica/Panama...your opinions please.
- 9 Costa Rica best use of 9 full days with young kids!
- 10 Nicaragua, the new Costa Rica ?
- 11 Costa rica help
- 12 car rental companies
- 13 Roatan safety and other suggestions?
- 14 Costa Rica during Easter break
- 15 Mexico City Trip Report / Photo Journal (love this city)
- 16 Car Rental in Playa Del Carmen
- 17 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 18 cozumel tennis
- 19 Osa Peninsula Lodging for first time in CR
- 20 Panama - Best Place for Outdoor Activities?
- 21 Puerto Vallarta Trip Report
- 22 Baja California
- 23 Airport Transfer suggestions from Cancun
- 24 All Inclusive Resort Recommendations - Mexico
- 25 Transportation from Osa to Arenal and hotel in SJ