I am throwing around ideas for a big trip next year and am considering Panama (specifically a stay in Panama City and in the Buenaventura area). The problem is the time of year I would be able to visit would be late May which I know is smack in the middle of the rainy season. I was in Costa Rica during the rainy season and know that different regions of the country experienced different precipitation levels/length of precipitation etc. However, in Costa Rica I was there for a semester whereas in Panama I would only have a week at my disposal and wouldn't want the whole time marred by rain (i.e. not being able to be the beach, roads being flooded etc).
Any information/insight you can provide is much appreciated.
Thanks in advance and happy holidays all!
Avoid Panama during the rainy season?
- 1 Belize -- several questions -- please help!
- 2 TC's Cozumel List -- Updated 2/2011
- 3 help with 8 days of rainforest, beach and adventure in Costa Rica
- 4 Brief trip report: Northern Honduras (Pico Bonito)
- 5 Off on a Home Exchange to San Jose Costa Rica
- 6 Costa Rica: Itinerary and some questions
- 7 Tour company to help plan trip to El Salvador and Nicaragua
- 8 Help with 5 days touring time
- 9 Costa Rica trip in March
- 10 Safety in Ixtapa
- 11 Staying in Cozumel - Is Chichen Itza worth the trip?
- 12 5 Day Belize Trip - Need Suggestions
- 13 Adopt an animal donation?
- 14 Puerto Viejo Lodging
- 15 Cabo San Lucas
- 16 Guatemala City Airport to Antigua by car & other helpful hints
- 17 Roatan advice
- 18 Best Beach Resort For Snorkeling Mexicos West Coast
- 19 Isla Mujeres, Cozumel or Playa del Carmen for best swimming and snorkeling?
- 20 Cabo San Lucas- Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos?
- 21 Shopping for silver jewelry in Puerto Vallarta? Some personal suggestions.
- 22 Drive from Panama To Belize
- 23 Safety in Nicaragua
- 24 Costa Rica - 6 1/2 days / 6 nights
- 25 Zihuatanejo to Acapolco?