I am throwing around ideas for a big trip next year and am considering Panama (specifically a stay in Panama City and in the Buenaventura area). The problem is the time of year I would be able to visit would be late May which I know is smack in the middle of the rainy season. I was in Costa Rica during the rainy season and know that different regions of the country experienced different precipitation levels/length of precipitation etc. However, in Costa Rica I was there for a semester whereas in Panama I would only have a week at my disposal and wouldn't want the whole time marred by rain (i.e. not being able to be the beach, roads being flooded etc).
Any information/insight you can provide is much appreciated.
Thanks in advance and happy holidays all!
Avoid Panama during the rainy season?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Costa Rica Itinerary-one week. Guanacaste? Arenal?
- 2 costa rica logistics again
- 3 costa rica logistics
- 4 Awesome Tour Guide in San Salvador!
- 5 Tour company to help plan trip to El Salvador and Nicaragua
- 6 6-7 hour layover w/family in San Salvador
- 7 Panama - where in Boca del Tores
- 8 Recommendation for December trip - from Guadalajara
- 9 Mexico Trip
- 10 Osa Hotel Questions
- 11 Punta Mita St. Regis
- 12 Directly book Manuel Antonio Expeditions? Or just deal with hotel?
- 13 Cabo San Lucas
- 14 Bus options between San Jose and Bocas del Torro
- 15 Costa Rica for 9 days in Dec
- 16 Ccost of a transfer from Panama PTY airport to Riu Playa Blanca Hotel?
- 17 Bringing clothes and fabric to Puerto vallarta
- 18 Trip ideas needed please
- 19 Mexico City, DF Restaurant
- 20 Looking for suggestions for 7-8 days in Mexico
- 21 tours to gatun locks panama
- 22 Early November, Water Bungalows, Excellend Medical Facilities
- 23 Cancun or Playa Del Carmen for boogie boarding and hotel recs
- 24 Hopefulist in Guatemala (again) 2014
- 25 Belize vs. Costa Rica