I am throwing around ideas for a big trip next year and am considering Panama (specifically a stay in Panama City and in the Buenaventura area). The problem is the time of year I would be able to visit would be late May which I know is smack in the middle of the rainy season. I was in Costa Rica during the rainy season and know that different regions of the country experienced different precipitation levels/length of precipitation etc. However, in Costa Rica I was there for a semester whereas in Panama I would only have a week at my disposal and wouldn't want the whole time marred by rain (i.e. not being able to be the beach, roads being flooded etc).
Any information/insight you can provide is much appreciated.
Thanks in advance and happy holidays all!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 driving down through mexico
- 2 Things to do in Cabo
- 3 Mayan Palace Timeshare Fraud
- 4 New Year's Eve at Chichen Itza
- 5 HELP! St.Croix or Cancun
- 6 Returning to Puerto Vallarta
- 7 Two weeks in Panama, a new adventure...
- 8 Caravan Tour to Panama
- 9 Planning a trip to Panama
- 10 Merida - any recommendations for a good hotel
- 11 Riviera Maya vs Cancun for boogie boarding
- 12 Driving in Mexico
- 13 Ideas for our 2 weeks in Mexico over the Festive Season?
- 14 Costa Rica Newbie Xmas Week
- 15 unsafe?
- 16 Off the beaten path Playa Del Carmen
- 17 Getting around in Costa Rica
- 18 Costa Rica Itinerary Advice Please!
- 19 Valle de Guadalupe, Baja California
- 20 Driving in Costa Rica
- 21 Playa Mujeres
- 22 zip line (and other activities) for (very) young kids in Guanacaste?
- 23 Destination for 3 kids under 5 - Cancun?
- 24 Sun, Sand and the Yucatan
- 25 driving colorado to costa rica