I am throwing around ideas for a big trip next year and am considering Panama (specifically a stay in Panama City and in the Buenaventura area). The problem is the time of year I would be able to visit would be late May which I know is smack in the middle of the rainy season. I was in Costa Rica during the rainy season and know that different regions of the country experienced different precipitation levels/length of precipitation etc. However, in Costa Rica I was there for a semester whereas in Panama I would only have a week at my disposal and wouldn't want the whole time marred by rain (i.e. not being able to be the beach, roads being flooded etc).
Any information/insight you can provide is much appreciated.
Thanks in advance and happy holidays all!
Avoid Panama during the rainy season?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Maya Riviera to Belize or Costa Rica or Panama?
- 2 The product is really effective in reducing
- 3 Food poisoning?
- 4 snorkeling and relaxing beach vacation.
- 5 Should we cancel our vacation to Mexico in December?
- 6 Looking for suggestions for 7-8 days in Mexico
- 7 Mexico City
- 8 Do we need special insurance or driver's license for rental car in Mexico
- 9 Costa Rica with a 8 year old boy?
- 10 Bus service from San Jose´ del Cabo to Totos Santos
- 11 Cruise with a 10 month old to Honduras, Guatemala, Mexico,and key west.
- 12 Flores to Chetumal by road without crossing through Belize
- 13 Central America travel over New Year's
- 14 Costa Rica after 15 years update me on driving
- 15 Lodging in Costa Rica in January
- 16 Thoughts on Cayo District tours/accommodation options
- 17 Place to have a wedding in May near Cancun
- 18 43 Missing Students in Mexico
- 19 Costa Rica help
- 20 Cancun car rental/emd3 plus others help!
- 21 1 week in Panama - how does this sound?
- 22 7-8 Days in Panama. Suggested Itinerary?
- 23 Hopefulist in Guatemala 2014 (#3)
- 24 Costa Rica will include airport tax in ticket price
- 25 Belize in June?