I am throwing around ideas for a big trip next year and am considering Panama (specifically a stay in Panama City and in the Buenaventura area). The problem is the time of year I would be able to visit would be late May which I know is smack in the middle of the rainy season. I was in Costa Rica during the rainy season and know that different regions of the country experienced different precipitation levels/length of precipitation etc. However, in Costa Rica I was there for a semester whereas in Panama I would only have a week at my disposal and wouldn't want the whole time marred by rain (i.e. not being able to be the beach, roads being flooded etc).
Any information/insight you can provide is much appreciated.
Thanks in advance and happy holidays all!
Avoid Panama during the rainy season?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Cheap One Man Trip to Mexico
- 2 thinking of changing itinerary in CR-need feedback
- 3 Need help with airport transfer in Mexico
- 4 Riviera Maya or Puerto Vallarta
- 5 snorkeling and relaxing beach vacation.
- 6 Finalizing Graduation trip for granddaughter
- 7 Best country to deep sea fish in May?
- 8 Looking for suggestions for Mexico beach vacation
- 9 Tlaquepaque and Colima - December 2014
- 10 Lovin' Costa Rica with Kids
- 11 Cabo San Lucas - December end 2014
- 12 Belize Itinerary help!
- 13 Food allergy awareness in Cancun, mexico
- 14 Driving in "inner" mexico; is it safe?
- 15 Costa Rica Travel
- 16 Planning Mexico by February
- 17 Costa Rica best river rafting company
- 18 Belize, Honduras, Nicaragua or Costa Rica for a photography buff?
- 19 A Week in Montezuma
- 20 Mexico City Restaurant Recommendations
- 21 Looking for suggestions for 7-8 days in Mexico
- 22 Book set in Panama
- 23 Puerto Vallarta trip Nov 2014
- 24 THE WESTIN LAGUNAMAR OCEAN RESORT VILLAS & SPA, CANCUN
- 25 Rental car at Liberia Airport