I am throwing around ideas for a big trip next year and am considering Panama (specifically a stay in Panama City and in the Buenaventura area). The problem is the time of year I would be able to visit would be late May which I know is smack in the middle of the rainy season. I was in Costa Rica during the rainy season and know that different regions of the country experienced different precipitation levels/length of precipitation etc. However, in Costa Rica I was there for a semester whereas in Panama I would only have a week at my disposal and wouldn't want the whole time marred by rain (i.e. not being able to be the beach, roads being flooded etc).
Any information/insight you can provide is much appreciated.
Thanks in advance and happy holidays all!
Avoid Panama during the rainy season?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Playa Del Carmen/Tulum "Dreams or Paradisus?"
- 2 Costa Rica questions
- 3 Wanna be Expats!!! Can we move to Mexico sooner? Work? Elsewhere?
- 4 Suze: Can you tell me about your trips to Puerta Vallarta?
- 5 Guatemala customs question
- 6 Rainy season
- 7 buying silver jewelry in cancun
- 8 Food safety while traveling in Guatemala
- 9 Hopefulist in Honduras and Guatemala, June/July 2014
- 10 Uvita during green/rainy season - should we go??
- 11 booking rooms for spring break
- 12 5th Trip CR with Teenagers-Bosque Del Cabo and Iguana Lodge June '14
- 13 3 extra hours in Mexico City airport, any shopping malls nearby?
- 14 Car Rental in Costa Rica
- 15 Playa Del Carmen Day Tours
- 16 Riu Santa Fe vs Palace
- 17 Jaco to Montezuma ferry- has anyone taken it??
- 18 30 Reasons Why You Should Visit Cozumel (in pictures)
- 19 Trying to decide between Hawaii or Mexico for family trip
- 20 Costa Rica: Mal Pais or Manuel Antonio?
- 21 Mextrotter
- 22 CAR RENTAL 4WD COSTA RICA
- 23 carniva cruise key west and cozumel in august 2014
- 24 How to Reach Cancun Tourists
- 25 Costa Rica Osa Questions