I am throwing around ideas for a big trip next year and am considering Panama (specifically a stay in Panama City and in the Buenaventura area). The problem is the time of year I would be able to visit would be late May which I know is smack in the middle of the rainy season. I was in Costa Rica during the rainy season and know that different regions of the country experienced different precipitation levels/length of precipitation etc. However, in Costa Rica I was there for a semester whereas in Panama I would only have a week at my disposal and wouldn't want the whole time marred by rain (i.e. not being able to be the beach, roads being flooded etc).
Any information/insight you can provide is much appreciated.
Thanks in advance and happy holidays all!
Avoid Panama during the rainy season?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Traveling to Mexico City in April and need guidance
- 2 Beach Erosion in Playa del Carmen??
- 3 Belize, Roatan or Cozumel: which is best snorkeling?
- 4 Hopkins, Belize Honeymoon
- 5 Squeamish about House Bugs in Mexico
- 6 A FOOD-FOCUSED REPORT: MEXICO CITY, PUEBLA, OAXACA
- 7 Shuttle transport San Cristobal to Palenque
- 8 Easter (or Semana Santa) in Nicaragua
- 9 Hotel with kids in Tulum or Akumal?
- 10 Have airfare, am wishy washy on where to stay!-Costa Rica
- 11 Leo Rodriguez is a great local guide/drive
- 12 Retire in Mexico or Centeral America
- 13 6 days in Cancun and Riviera Maya end of May
- 14 Costa Rica Pacific Highlands and Coast-Feb 2015
- 15 Last minute Cancun trip must do's?
- 16 Looking for a Romantic Beach Bungalow in Riviera Maya
- 17 Costa Rica. info about,sarapiqui
- 18 Oaxaca Restaurant Recommendations
- 19 tulum, punta allen and sian ka an
- 20 Spanish School In Quetzaltenango
- 21 Bus from Guatemala City to Nicaragua
- 22 Costa Rica
- 23 Car Service from Cancun Airport
- 24 Wanted - Family Resort with Great Food - Cancun - Playa del Carmen
- 25 Costa Rica tentative Itinerary - input please