I am throwing around ideas for a big trip next year and am considering Panama (specifically a stay in Panama City and in the Buenaventura area). The problem is the time of year I would be able to visit would be late May which I know is smack in the middle of the rainy season. I was in Costa Rica during the rainy season and know that different regions of the country experienced different precipitation levels/length of precipitation etc. However, in Costa Rica I was there for a semester whereas in Panama I would only have a week at my disposal and wouldn't want the whole time marred by rain (i.e. not being able to be the beach, roads being flooded etc).
Any information/insight you can provide is much appreciated.
Thanks in advance and happy holidays all!
Avoid Panama during the rainy season?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Costa Rica first timers
- 2 Bringing snacks into Mexico
- 3 Guatemala suggested itinery/transport/etc
- 4 Zipline at Arenal or Monteverde
- 5 Costa Rica: Drive from Arenal to Guanacaste via Monteverde
- 6 MEX to Polanco hotel? Taxi?
- 7 Ho, Ho, Oaxaca
- 8 Spanish School in Tulum, Mexico
- 9 OAXACA markets….question or two..guide?
- 10 think twice before using expedia
- 11 Meztli Spanish School in Tulum, Mexico
- 12 best places in Baja
- 13 Beachfront in Tulum
- 14 Belize, first time
- 15 las palapas/mahekal???? Looking for quiet AI in Mexico???
- 16 How far a drive from Playa Grande to Riu Palace?
- 17 Catamaran Sailing in Costa Rica & Questions Answered
- 18 Costa Rica with young kids
- 19 10 Days in Central America. Where should I go?
- 20 Lovin' Costa Rica with Kids
- 21 Security in Oaxaca
- 22 Panama for Chistmas - tips? ideas?
- 23 Mexico City and the butterfly migration....anyone been?
- 24 Guatemala for adventure, activity and relaxing?
- 25 Things to do in Papagayo in the rainy season?