I am throwing around ideas for a big trip next year and am considering Panama (specifically a stay in Panama City and in the Buenaventura area). The problem is the time of year I would be able to visit would be late May which I know is smack in the middle of the rainy season. I was in Costa Rica during the rainy season and know that different regions of the country experienced different precipitation levels/length of precipitation etc. However, in Costa Rica I was there for a semester whereas in Panama I would only have a week at my disposal and wouldn't want the whole time marred by rain (i.e. not being able to be the beach, roads being flooded etc).
Any information/insight you can provide is much appreciated.
Thanks in advance and happy holidays all!
Avoid Panama during the rainy season?
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 questions on a few Nicaragua logistics
- 2 Please advise re itinerary order - Guanajuato, Queretaro, San Miguel
- 3 cancun
- 4 Riviera Maya Suites in Playa del Carmen or....?
- 5 best places in Baja
- 6 Queretaro or Zacatecas??
- 7 Cancun or Playa Del Carmen for boogie boarding and hotel recs
- 8 3 wks for Mayan ruins, colonial cities, markets, culture and nature
- 9 costa rica in two weeks
- 10 Shoes for Costa Rica in Nov.
- 11 Jaco and playa caleta boutique hotel
- 12 Costa Rica: easy, non-hiking activities Monte Verde, Corcovado
- 13 SIM Card -- Mexico to the USA
- 14 Directly book Manuel Antonio Expeditions? Or just deal with hotel?
- 15 Traveling from Roatan to Copan, Honduras
- 16 2 week Costa Rica trip
- 17 6-7 hour layover w/family in San Salvador
- 18 Costa Rica Itinerary-one week. Guanacaste? Arenal?
- 19 costa rica logistics
- 20 copa de árbol or bosque del cabo (or both!)
- 21 Looking for a place similar to Playa Del Carmen
- 22 How safe is Roatan, Honduras?
- 23 costa rica logistics again
- 24 Mexico Trip
- 25 Itinerary help Montericco or Rio Dulce