I am throwing around ideas for a big trip next year and am considering Panama (specifically a stay in Panama City and in the Buenaventura area). The problem is the time of year I would be able to visit would be late May which I know is smack in the middle of the rainy season. I was in Costa Rica during the rainy season and know that different regions of the country experienced different precipitation levels/length of precipitation etc. However, in Costa Rica I was there for a semester whereas in Panama I would only have a week at my disposal and wouldn't want the whole time marred by rain (i.e. not being able to be the beach, roads being flooded etc).
Any information/insight you can provide is much appreciated.
Thanks in advance and happy holidays all!
Recent ActivityView all Mexico & Central America activity »
- 1 Looking for tips (hotels/border crossing/pets) driving Denver to Costa Rica
- 2 Puerto Vallarta o Cabo for Christmas break
- 3 Is it safe to travel to Cabo San Lucas
- 4 Costa Rica
- 5 12-day June CR trip with school-age kids
- 6 1st visit to Costa Rica - Itinerary input appreciated!
- 7 reliable car rental company??
- 8 Must sees in Dominical and Uvita
- 9 Which Tortuguero Lodge for 2 night visit in January?
- 10 Does Panama have anything Costa Rica doesn't? (Besides the canal)
- 11 Planning a trip to Panama
- 12 Los Suenos Itinerary
- 13 Driving from Mexico to Belize
- 14 Driving from Mexico to Belize and Guatemala
- 15 best air route san diego to san jose
- 16 Cabo San Lucas furniture stores
- 17 Costa Rica - San Jose to Arenal Drive
- 18 driving from Tabacon to La Fortuna?
- 19 Trip Report: Guatemala in 6 days
- 20 One day in Cozumel - Chichen Itza?
- 21 How long from Cozumel to Ek Balam
- 22 Puerto Vallarta
- 23 Recent Headlines- Cancun
- 24 Panama or Costa Rica?
- 25 Costa Rica limited mobility issues...