Are 6 nights (5 full days) in Zurich too long? I am the kind of person who likes basing at least for a week in a place, but I've been checking Zurich itineraries here on Fodor's and I see that people spend very little time in it.
Is it that small? Is it that uninteresting?
I've bought a guidebook and, from what I understand (please, correct/help me if I'm wrong), there seems to be plenty to do in Zurich and Lake Zurich.
I've found plane tickets and inexpensive lodging (I've not booked or purchased anything yet), but I'd like to hear opinions from people who have actually visited it. My interests? Strolling, eating and shopping a few items here and there.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bayonne or St Jean de Luz
- 2 Best Location for Car Pickup in Naples
- 3 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 4 Paris/Prague/Budapest/Zagreb/Nice/Paris
- 5 Bavaria: Santa Claus and Evil Twin Krampus!
- 6 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 7 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 8 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 9 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 10 Luggage storage in Barcelona
- 11 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 12 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 13 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 14 American Express
- 15 Airport ATMs
- 16 Three ferries to Mull
- 17 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 18 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 19 Christmas markets: E Germany, Poland, Prague
- 20 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 21 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 22 The Ghost of Christmas Future visited me..."Lead On"! Paris again...at Christmas.
- 23 All Set To Go!!
- 24 Our October trip to Andalucia!
- 25 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides