Are 6 nights (5 full days) in Zurich too long? I am the kind of person who likes basing at least for a week in a place, but I've been checking Zurich itineraries here on Fodor's and I see that people spend very little time in it.
Is it that small? Is it that uninteresting?
I've bought a guidebook and, from what I understand (please, correct/help me if I'm wrong), there seems to be plenty to do in Zurich and Lake Zurich.
I've found plane tickets and inexpensive lodging (I've not booked or purchased anything yet), but I'd like to hear opinions from people who have actually visited it. My interests? Strolling, eating and shopping a few items here and there.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Small foodie tours in Bologna
- 2 One quick week -- where in France?
- 3 Travel to Karlsrhue
- 4 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 5 Switzerland and Northern Italy
- 6 London Itinerary and Questions
- 7 Barcelona completely overrated
- 8 Earthquake, so sad for Italy
- 9 Venice Cruise Port: Santa Lucia or Mestre?
- 10 Dordogne and Loire Valley
- 11 Amsterdam or any other city near London/Paris
- 12 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 13 Amsterdam for 5 days - HELP
- 14 MiFi in Italy
- 15 Cork or Galway?
- 16 Sitges Hotel ??
- 17 Italy - Car Rental - CDW's and Insurance
- 18 Bead Tours in Jablonec?
- 19 French lavender and cottages
- 20 Rail/Hoylhead/Edinburgh
- 21 Vienna →Melk → Durnstein → Krems: details, details…
- 22 A week in Europe (Switzerland area)
- 23 Seville in late January
- 24 Zermatt in Winter - Non-skiers and Passes
- 25 Trip Report Crete May 2016