We are looking to take a two week trip in 2014 beginning in Zurich and then travelling up through Germany (haven't set the German itinerary yet, but will likely be the usual recommended cities). Most of the travel advice I have seen tends to indicate June and July are the best times during the summer to be able to enjoy outdoor cafe's etc... While I understand the weather is variable, I was wondering if starting things out in Late May (May 25th) in Zurich and then travelling up through Germany would be pushing things as far as the weather goes. I am able to find some premium award seats now, but can wait a bit longer if it will make a substantial difference with the weather and quality of the trip. Any advice appreciated.
zurich and germany late May early June
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 I need a haircut
- 2 Aberdeen Angus steakhouse
- 3 Suggestions on how best to spend our time in Lyon
- 4 We Need a Pact
- 5 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 6 Madrid and London
- 7 Monet in Normandy
- 8 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 9 Irish wedding - correct attire advice please?
- 10 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 11 Istanbul - Itinerary recommendations
- 12 Hire car seville to lisbon
- 13 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 14 Berlin to Salzburg in 2 weeks
- 15 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 16 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 17 3 weeks France + north Italy itinerary
- 18 DOURO RIVER CRUISE - 1 DAY - PORTO-PINHAO-PORTO
- 19 german rail ticket question
- 20 Best places to shop for leather handbags in Florence
- 21 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 22 flea markets in France
- 23 Italy vacation rental help
- 24 Best website to book tickets for Uffizi Gallery Florence
- 25 Day trip to Chartres -mini questions