We are looking to take a two week trip in 2014 beginning in Zurich and then travelling up through Germany (haven't set the German itinerary yet, but will likely be the usual recommended cities). Most of the travel advice I have seen tends to indicate June and July are the best times during the summer to be able to enjoy outdoor cafe's etc... While I understand the weather is variable, I was wondering if starting things out in Late May (May 25th) in Zurich and then travelling up through Germany would be pushing things as far as the weather goes. I am able to find some premium award seats now, but can wait a bit longer if it will make a substantial difference with the weather and quality of the trip. Any advice appreciated.
zurich and germany late May early June
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 2 Air pollution in Paris
- 3 Info requested for Paris, Strasbourg and Berlin
- 4 Dublin to Armagh?
- 5 Trains in Italy
- 6 Euro Quiz #3 - Europe's Ten Biggest Castles...
- 7 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 8 Naxos in May
- 9 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 10 England and Scotland
- 11 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 12 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 13 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 14 Iceland: How to Split Up 7 Days self-drive
- 15 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 16 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 17 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 18 Budapest to Berlin by Train - Tickets on DB BAHN not available for 05 Jan
- 19 Switzerland to Ban Eating Cats and Dogs?
- 20 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?
- 21 connecting flight to marseille or not
- 22 rent phone and 3g wifi
- 23 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 24 Beaune to Chamonix to Paris---driving/train?
- 25 France, Italy and Greec