We are looking to take a two week trip in 2014 beginning in Zurich and then travelling up through Germany (haven't set the German itinerary yet, but will likely be the usual recommended cities). Most of the travel advice I have seen tends to indicate June and July are the best times during the summer to be able to enjoy outdoor cafe's etc... While I understand the weather is variable, I was wondering if starting things out in Late May (May 25th) in Zurich and then travelling up through Germany would be pushing things as far as the weather goes. I am able to find some premium award seats now, but can wait a bit longer if it will make a substantial difference with the weather and quality of the trip. Any advice appreciated.
zurich and germany late May early June
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sunday Times Travel Magazine: Beach Hotels
- 2 Vespa Tours in Rome
- 3 Europe road trip with kids - thoughts please!
- 4 Amsterdam vs Prague
- 5 Bike touring in France
- 6 Valencia and Baleric Islands Itinerary suggestions for May travel
- 7 Spain Trip Ideas -Critique Welcome
- 8 I'm in a funk
- 9 Germany Visa for conference
- 10 Oktoberfest vs Amsterdam
- 11 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 12 Recs for Dublin B&B?
- 13 Transport advise- Rome - Florence - Berlin - Copenhagen
- 14 travel to western Europe from India
- 15 I went to Paris in June
- 16 Where to spend 4-5 days in Moselle valley
- 17 One week SW England for a group with diverse interests
- 18 Good Flamenco in Seville
- 19 Honeymoon in Greece - Athens, Mykonos, Santorini
- 20 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady
- 21 One Town on the Amalfi Coast
- 22 Paris with kids - a whirlwind even with 9 days!
- 23 :"Europe's Masterworks Vs. the Masses"
- 24 stop in lisboa or not
- 25 Santorini accomodations and more for a couple and baby