I'm in the middle of planning my 40th birthday trip to the UK. I've been there 6 times before and spent my junior year in college at Sussex. Yet despite my previous trips and my lifelong love of all things Austen, I've never done a lot of the Jane Austen sights in the UK. My husband is not in love with all things Austen, but is coming along on the condition we also add in York. This doesn't fit in terribly well with my planned itinerary, but I'm trying to make the best of it. This has brought me to a basic plan is to see York for a few days, then head down to Austen country before ending up in London.
My questions thus far:
1. What is the best way to get from York to Bath? Perhaps with my aging, my skills are lessening ... but I can't seem to find any good public transportation to get between York and Bath. Presumably this is because the rail lines don't want to go in the same direction as I do, but talk about being highly vexing.
2. Because of my problems listed above, I'm looking into driving this trek, and thus started to expand my research into places to visit. I think I can sell my husband on a visit to Chatsworth as a 'pit stop' between our long day of driving from York to Bath. It seems doable when I plot it on the computer, but has anyone ever been crazy enough to do this? Exactly how insane is this idea? Because, I know, it is insane, but we do enjoy our times driving through Britain. I've thought about spending the night in Bakewell, and taking two days to get from York to Bath. But I hate moving around a lot when traveling, and I already feel like I'm pushing it with York, Bath and London.
In case this matters for your answers... we're traveling in May for two weeks, and we'll be in London in time for the Chelsea Flower Show, which is why I need to end up in London.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 경주카지노■※■『KIA700.CoM』■※■생중계카지노わ생중계카지노
- 2 최신바카라사이트■※■『KIA700.CoM』■※■아시안바카라ォ아시안바카라
- 3 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 4 Taxi Cost / Uber Question
- 5 How the kids age calculated
- 6 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 7 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 8 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 9 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 10 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 11 2 nights in the Montreux-Vevey-Lavaux area
- 12 roadtrip from Barcelona to Madrid
- 13 Beaune France
- 14 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 15 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 16 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 17 Firt time VISA applicant
- 18 Cordoba Overnight?
- 19 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 20 advance tickets?
- 21 38 Days in Paris
- 22 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 23 A week in Paris
- 24 June Festivals in Lisbon?
- 25 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England