Bath to Cormwall

Search

Bath to Cormwall

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13th, 2004, 12:26 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bath to Cormwall

Does anyone know the driving distance from Bath to Bodmin in Cornwall? We will be driving from Neuadd Farms in Wales to Bath and would it be feasible to continue on to Cornwall without a stopover.
Old Mar 13th, 2004, 02:04 PM
JMM

I cannot remember the exact distance but depending on where in Wales you are coming from it might be feasible. North Wales (too long unless you really like driving). Mid Wales (doable but a long drive). South Wales (say near Cardiff) - longish drive but not intolerable.
Old Mar 13th, 2004, 02:36 PM

You should be able to get the information at www.viamichelin.com I have used that site to get mileage and drive recommendations for our trip in the UK. Deborah
Old Mar 13th, 2004, 10:16 PM

I have no idea where Neuadd Farms is but do you mean travel from there to Bath -- tour the sites of Bath -- and then on to Bodmin. Bath will take 1/2 of, or most of one day to see. So unless Neuadd Farms is near Cardiff it would be a very long day. When are you traveling and where is Neuadd Farms? If it is in June/July it will be light until very late and you could make the entire drive in daylight. But if it is in another season when the days are shorter, most of the drive beyond Bath would be in the dark and more tiring.

Say it takes you 2 or 3 hours to get to Bath (not knowing the location it is hard to give you any accurate estimates), another 4 to 6 hours to see a bit of Bath, and another about 150 miles (3 to 4 hours depending on the traffic) from Bath to Bodmin.
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 06:47 AM

Sorry, should have given more details. We will be coming from New Quay Wales (Mid Wales) on the Cardigan Bay coast. We will be traveling in mid October. Our plans are to pick up a car at the Hertz Car Rental at the Bath Spa station and drive to New Quay to spend a week there. Then drive back to Bath and on to Bodmin. Will not be spending any time in Bath as we have been there at leat 6 times by now. Just wondering if the drive is doable in one day. We have more than one driver.
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 06:54 AM

Oh - in that case it is a reasonable drive. Since you are not stopping in Bath you can do the drive easily in less than a day..

But why are you going through Bath at all? Driving from mid Wales to Cornwall would not take you to Bath.
Old Mar 17th, 2004, 02:52 AM

Hi
We always use the routeplanner on www.theaa.com. You just put in your departure and destination details and a detailed route comes up with an estimation of driving times. You can ask for a non-motorway or a caravan friendly route as well, or go via different places. However - a lot depends on when you are driving - time of year AND time of day. It quotes New Quay to Bodmin (NOT via Bath) as five and a quarter hours. I'd take this with a pinch of salt. There's no motorway on the beginning and latter part of the trip and I think it would take longer, although easily done in a day. But I ask the same question as the previous poster - why go via Bath when you just want to get onto the M5 motorway and head west? This will add hours to your journey!
Old Mar 21st, 2004, 03:03 PM

Hi all...

I am the driver on this trip and we will have a night in between our two destintaions. The Wales (Nr New Quay) part of this vacation ends on a Friday and the Cornwall part starts on a Saturday. We do self-catering and like to pad the travel time between the 2 destinations with an extra day! I am in the process of checking out a B&B for a night in Bristol but, would welcome any suggestions and/or recommendations of other possible areas to look at instead. We have just confirmed with a place Nr. Looe in Cornwall...the Bodmin place was not available...so, I know the drive is possible in one day...looks to be a little under 300 miles!
Thank-you in advance!!!