First visit to Turkey. Will arrive in Istanbul on April 18th. After some time in Istanbul, not sure which direction to go first , down coast or towards Ankara, as it will be cooler when we first arrive. Thought we should spend time first in Istanbul to get over jetlag from West Coast Canada, then possibly work way to Cappadocia then down towards Antalya then back up coast taking in Datca pennisula, Kas , Fethiye,Ephesus, Selcuk,Pamukkale, ending maybe in Iznik. Not sure if fly back or take bus/ferry route from Izna to Istanbul. Know Kja picked up car in Ankara and dropped her car off in Bursa. What is the appeal of Bursa as sounded like difficult to navigate. I usually like to spend 2-3 nights in an area so as not to be always on the move and have baggage in the car but sounds like alot of one night stops. Is Ankara a good place to spend time and what is the best way to get there---Bus or ?. Where is a good place to change over to a rental car after using public transit. I would think flying takes quite a bit of time with process of security and transit in and out of Istanbul. We have 22 days to spend including time in Istanbul before flying back out of Istanbul. Is it best to stay in Istanbul on last night before leaving or somewhere else within proximity of airport. Our flight is mid afternoon on a Saturday. Sorry for all the questions.
Where to rent car and drop off with following itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Please critique my Croatia/Slovenia itinerary
- 2 On the road again - another country roads tour of France.
- 3 Purse week?
- 4 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 5 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 6 Looking for add on city
- 7 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 8 Buying handbags and shoes in Italy, how much should I budget?
- 9 Walking shoes for London and Paris
- 10 Shoes for Paris in April
- 11 men's shoes spain
- 12 Would you take a Vera Bradley Hipster purse to London and Paris
- 13 Know of any good leather store to buy purse in Rome??
- 14 The perfect purse in Europe
- 15 I never carry a purse when traveling
- 16 Please help me find an attractive travel purse
- 17 Privy Purse Office - Buckingham Palace - signing guest book???
- 18 Purse substitute
- 19 Best purse/messenger bag to bring while travelling
- 20 Need Anti-pickpocket purse recommendations
- 21 Purse
- 22 Where do you put your purse in a restaurant?
- 23 Now it's the French worrying about purse snatching here!
- 24 Paris Purse shopping
- 25 Help finding an apartment in Paris 7th arrond.