First visit to Turkey. Will arrive in Istanbul on April 18th. After some time in Istanbul, not sure which direction to go first , down coast or towards Ankara, as it will be cooler when we first arrive. Thought we should spend time first in Istanbul to get over jetlag from West Coast Canada, then possibly work way to Cappadocia then down towards Antalya then back up coast taking in Datca pennisula, Kas , Fethiye,Ephesus, Selcuk,Pamukkale, ending maybe in Iznik. Not sure if fly back or take bus/ferry route from Izna to Istanbul. Know Kja picked up car in Ankara and dropped her car off in Bursa. What is the appeal of Bursa as sounded like difficult to navigate. I usually like to spend 2-3 nights in an area so as not to be always on the move and have baggage in the car but sounds like alot of one night stops. Is Ankara a good place to spend time and what is the best way to get there---Bus or ?. Where is a good place to change over to a rental car after using public transit. I would think flying takes quite a bit of time with process of security and transit in and out of Istanbul. We have 22 days to spend including time in Istanbul before flying back out of Istanbul. Is it best to stay in Istanbul on last night before leaving or somewhere else within proximity of airport. Our flight is mid afternoon on a Saturday. Sorry for all the questions.
Where to rent car and drop off with following itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UK & Ireland 2 week travel itinerary (looking for input)
- 2 4-6 weeks
- 3 Best luggage for a 7 week trip
- 4 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 5 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 6 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 7 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 8 Which Northern Germany international airport?
- 9 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 10 Dresden or Leipzig
- 11 Zurich to Basel transfer
- 12 Why don't the French use shower curtains
- 13 flights from San Francisco to Germany
- 14 Eiffel tower tickets
- 15 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 16 Help With Vienna
- 17 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 18 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 19 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 20 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 21 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 22 Barcelona and/or ??? with another family
- 23 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 24 Venice Banning Fodors
- 25 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?