First visit to Turkey. Will arrive in Istanbul on April 18th. After some time in Istanbul, not sure which direction to go first , down coast or towards Ankara, as it will be cooler when we first arrive. Thought we should spend time first in Istanbul to get over jetlag from West Coast Canada, then possibly work way to Cappadocia then down towards Antalya then back up coast taking in Datca pennisula, Kas , Fethiye,Ephesus, Selcuk,Pamukkale, ending maybe in Iznik. Not sure if fly back or take bus/ferry route from Izna to Istanbul. Know Kja picked up car in Ankara and dropped her car off in Bursa. What is the appeal of Bursa as sounded like difficult to navigate. I usually like to spend 2-3 nights in an area so as not to be always on the move and have baggage in the car but sounds like alot of one night stops. Is Ankara a good place to spend time and what is the best way to get there---Bus or ?. Where is a good place to change over to a rental car after using public transit. I would think flying takes quite a bit of time with process of security and transit in and out of Istanbul. We have 22 days to spend including time in Istanbul before flying back out of Istanbul. Is it best to stay in Istanbul on last night before leaving or somewhere else within proximity of airport. Our flight is mid afternoon on a Saturday. Sorry for all the questions.
Where to rent car and drop off with following itinerary
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Need help with picking a place to stay between Paris and Bari
- 2 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 3 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 4 France and Spain Travel Itinerary
- 5 FRA airport: How big is "big"?
- 6 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 7 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 8 Cinque Terre Trails Condition Report
- 9 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 10 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 11 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 12 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 13 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 14 To Paris and Provence in June
- 15 Planning a holiday
- 16 Town in southwest Ireland to serve as a home base
- 17 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 18 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 19 Dawdling Through the Dordogne
- 20 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 21 Christmas Markets / Christmas experience.
- 22 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 23 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 24 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 25 London for Christmas