First visit to Turkey. Will arrive in Istanbul on April 18th. After some time in Istanbul, not sure which direction to go first , down coast or towards Ankara, as it will be cooler when we first arrive. Thought we should spend time first in Istanbul to get over jetlag from West Coast Canada, then possibly work way to Cappadocia then down towards Antalya then back up coast taking in Datca pennisula, Kas , Fethiye,Ephesus, Selcuk,Pamukkale, ending maybe in Iznik. Not sure if fly back or take bus/ferry route from Izna to Istanbul. Know Kja picked up car in Ankara and dropped her car off in Bursa. What is the appeal of Bursa as sounded like difficult to navigate. I usually like to spend 2-3 nights in an area so as not to be always on the move and have baggage in the car but sounds like alot of one night stops. Is Ankara a good place to spend time and what is the best way to get there---Bus or ?. Where is a good place to change over to a rental car after using public transit. I would think flying takes quite a bit of time with process of security and transit in and out of Istanbul. We have 22 days to spend including time in Istanbul before flying back out of Istanbul. Is it best to stay in Istanbul on last night before leaving or somewhere else within proximity of airport. Our flight is mid afternoon on a Saturday. Sorry for all the questions.
Where to rent car and drop off with following itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sky diving in Barcelona
- 2 Advice on 8 day England Itinerary - No London
- 3 tuscany wine tours and transfers
- 4 Barcelona trip (La Festa Gracia! and more)
- 5 Spending money in Italy?
- 6 staying a month or so in each place
- 7 URGENT: Fontana Del Papa, Tolfa Cooking School Info Pls
- 8 What is considered acceptable travel attire
- 9 Beer baths, bears and bespoke cocktails in the Beskydy mountains.
- 10 Late night train from Prague
- 11 Robbed in Rome... by a "Police Officer"?
- 12 Down in the River To Say "Bore Da": Wales May/June 2014
- 13 December honeymoon in Europe
- 14 Buying Louis Vuitton Handbag
- 15 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 16 London: Oyster Card or Travelcard?
- 17 Stockholm/Archipelago Dinner Cruise
- 18 Itinerary for 11 day trip to France
- 19 Stay in Bayeux or Honfleur
- 20 Madrid and London
- 21 Moving to Bayswater (London) - How is the neighborhood?
- 22 Study Abroad: Amsterdam vs Berlin vs Prague
- 23 Visiting Amsterdam, Brussels and Bruges
- 24 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady
- 25 2 full days in Strasbourg - need advise on what tours to take