I am taking my husband away on a Friday to Monday long weekend in December for his 40th birthday _ I am just haveing SO much trouble deciding where to go and thought maybe you all could help!
To give you details - we will be leaving from Paris (where we live), I have a budget of about 650 € (with which I would like to include a very nice hotel (with jacuzzi or hot tub if possible ) for the flight/train and hotel. Because I know these cities already, I do not want to go to : London, Barcelona, Istanbul, Bucarest,Prague, Berlin, Budapest, Rome, Portugal or anywhere in France. I'm sure there are others.
I have been looking at Seville and Bologne, which are my top two choices for the moment, though am also considering Naples, Stockholm or Oslo (though seems very expensive and is it nice even though the sun sets so early?), or Saint Petersburg (though I dont think my budget will allow me a romantic hotel)...
Would love ANY help and advice you are willing to give!
Where to go for a December long weekend - Bolgna, Naples, Seville..?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Basel Customs - Forgotten Pasport: photocopy suffice?
- 2 2000 years, 2 countries, 2 passports: Rome & Madrid, Jan. 2015
- 3 European Quiz # 66 Monday
- 4 Scandinavian Tour
- 5 Photo Safari to the south of France, the Italian Rivera and the Swiss Alps
- 6 Greek Pelion....Homebase? Nice Accommodation?
- 7 Ireland Cell Phones
- 8 Norway in June with parents.
- 9 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 10 proposed two week Greece itinerary
- 11 Wedding in Italy
- 12 Madrid...where for evening stroll on first night?
- 13 Questions about Rome, Venice, Florence, Positano and Paris
- 14 September Trip to Normandy/Brittany/Paris
- 15 Getting to London Gatwick or London Luton Airports from Heathrow?
- 16 Greece ferries/speed boats?
- 17 Visiting Anne Frank House
- 18 Staying in the Highlands
- 19 From Dingle to Dublin?
- 20 Trip Report: My Encounter With the Italian Hospital System
- 21 17 days in Spain, best itinerary?
- 22 Greece with 10yr old who wants to re-live Greek mythology
- 23 Where to stay in nice, arriving next week
- 24 Train tickets France and Spain
- 25 Hydra to Peloponnese to Zakynthos...a few questions