I am taking my husband away on a Friday to Monday long weekend in December for his 40th birthday _ I am just haveing SO much trouble deciding where to go and thought maybe you all could help!
To give you details - we will be leaving from Paris (where we live), I have a budget of about 650 € (with which I would like to include a very nice hotel (with jacuzzi or hot tub if possible ) for the flight/train and hotel. Because I know these cities already, I do not want to go to : London, Barcelona, Istanbul, Bucarest,Prague, Berlin, Budapest, Rome, Portugal or anywhere in France. I'm sure there are others.
I have been looking at Seville and Bologne, which are my top two choices for the moment, though am also considering Naples, Stockholm or Oslo (though seems very expensive and is it nice even though the sun sets so early?), or Saint Petersburg (though I dont think my budget will allow me a romantic hotel)...
Would love ANY help and advice you are willing to give!
Where to go for a December long weekend - Bolgna, Naples, Seville..?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice Airport: How Long to Get Through Passport Clearance
- 2 Vienna and side trips
- 3 Isle of Skye Lodging
- 4 Weekend Driving in Rome
- 5 Milan, Venice, Bellagio, Piedmont wine country, a day in the Cinque Terre
- 6 Transfer at Paris (CDG) from terminal 2E and 2D by foot is possible?
- 7 Do I really want to stay in a hill top city?
- 8 What to do in Manchester for half a day?
- 9 Euro Travel Quiz #40 - Potpourri
- 10 London, Edinburgh, and Paris Itinerary
- 11 Malpensa to Milano/Porto Garibaldi o Centrale Question...
- 12 Emilia Romagna Region
- 13 Revised Itinerary with 2 kids
- 14 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 15 Scottland for a day!
- 16 Seeking Ideas/Suggestions for Post Rhine River Cruise in Switzerland
- 17 Swiss Pass or Eurail Pass worth it for multi-country trip?
- 18 Taking a 5 day trip to Europe
- 19 Portofino or Portovenere?
- 20 How far ahead do you buy plane tickets?
- 21 Provence planning
- 22 Help me plan an unforgettable London/Paris trip...for my 5 year old
- 23 Family of 4 traveling 10 months
- 24 Back from Bologna, trip report
- 25 Travelling From Seattle to Italy, Mid May