I am taking my husband away on a Friday to Monday long weekend in December for his 40th birthday _ I am just haveing SO much trouble deciding where to go and thought maybe you all could help!
To give you details - we will be leaving from Paris (where we live), I have a budget of about 650 € (with which I would like to include a very nice hotel (with jacuzzi or hot tub if possible ) for the flight/train and hotel. Because I know these cities already, I do not want to go to : London, Barcelona, Istanbul, Bucarest,Prague, Berlin, Budapest, Rome, Portugal or anywhere in France. I'm sure there are others.
I have been looking at Seville and Bologne, which are my top two choices for the moment, though am also considering Naples, Stockholm or Oslo (though seems very expensive and is it nice even though the sun sets so early?), or Saint Petersburg (though I dont think my budget will allow me a romantic hotel)...
Would love ANY help and advice you are willing to give!
Where to go for a December long weekend - Bolgna, Naples, Seville..?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Decision time...
- 2 Spain in November
- 3 Amsterdam, Antwerp, Bruges over New Years
- 4 Authentic czech food
- 5 Inexpensive Restaurant in Zurich
- 6 Italy..Tuscany Cinque Terre or Amalfi & Calabria Scilily
- 7 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 8 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 9 Hotel Regno versus Albergo Cesari Rome
- 10 Slow travel Lisbon and ??? in Portugal in early Nov.--2 weeks
- 11 Travel Cards / just made a $70 mistake?
- 12 Iceland! Summer 2015 Wanna help with my itinerary??
- 13 Croatia via Venice for two weeks - itinerary suggestions
- 14 Italy - unusually so
- 15 How to get to Plaka from Athens airport in the least expensive way?
- 16 About cars in Austria
- 17 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 18 Crete, Santorini, Naxos, Mykonos, Athens
- 19 Good book about 20th C. European history?
- 20 Venice Itinerary Help, Please
- 21 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 22 Wurzburg/Regensburg Weather in April
- 23 Greek Islands in October - who's open?
- 24 Where to play agains the best outdoor basketball competition in Berlin?
- 25 Southern Spain - What to SEE, what to BUY - what NOT to miss