So, I'm going to be visiting Batam, Indonesia this summer, and I the flight that I am looking at has a layover in Frankfurt for 12.5 hours. I have a friend who lives in the city of Basel, Switzerland, and I understand that the ICE train has a direct route from the Frankfurt Airport to the central station in Basel. While I believe that this is doable, my main concern is my check in duffel bag. I'm planning on checking it all the way to Kuala Lumpur (my destination city). What will happen to my duffel bag? I've heard that the bag will be delayed to its destination and such.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Couscous
- 2 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 3 Italian lake cruise
- 4 Lisbon
- 5 Vatican tour
- 6 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 7 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 8 Need advice on multi-day, multi-museum private tours in Paris
- 9 Tuscany Itinerary
- 10 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 11 Has the Paris Museum Pass lost its luster?
- 12 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 13 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 14 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 15 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 16 Madrid and Andalucia Itinerary and Travel Advice
- 17 Best Barcelona neighborhood
- 18 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 19 One evening : Lausanne or Geneve ?
- 20 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 21 London in Winter Report
- 22 driving from London to Lourdes
- 23 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 24 Paris Restaurants esp in Marais
- 25 transportation from De Gaulle airport
What happens to check in bag if I leave country in transit (Germany)