My husband and I will be travelling through Amsterdam the end of September for a one night layover from Rome then on to Canada at 12 noon the next day..(we roughly have 23 hours!)
Having never been to Amsterdam, we are excited to do a little touring around!
We were wondering if it is more convenient to just stay at a hotel near the airport vs downtown...(suggestions?? no more than 250$/night please).
Please also if someone could tell us which train to catch to get downtown from the airport area as well as a few suggestions to see the "touristy" spots in Amsterdam. (thought I would love to do a canal tour-if so, do they need to be prebooked?)
Thank you to all in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 2 http://healthpurelives.com/priamax/
- 3 Prague itinerary advice
- 4 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 5 Help / Day Planning Required ...
- 6 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 7 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 8 5 days in the Morvan (Burgundy)
- 9 Self drive tour companies
- 10 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 11 Forte dei Marmi with kids.....
- 12 Vineyard recommendations near Piacenza? La Stoppa or Marchese Malaspina?
- 13 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 14 Italian lakes
- 15 Advice needed- Sardinia or Costa Brava (again) in August
- 16 Favorite restaurants in Provence???
- 17 Layover, not get on connecting flight
- 18 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 19 Ideas for driving from Barcelona to Bordeaux
- 20 Italy - Car vs Train: Milan, Cinque Terre, Lalyake District in March
- 21 Oslo-Flam-Borgund-Balestrand in one day?
- 22 10 day Italy
- 23 Question re best time of day to visit Keukenhof
- 24 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 25 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
We have 23 hours only in Amsterdam....hotels and location??