I am looking to visit Cannes on the coming February and although I understood this is not a particularly good time to visit the French Riviera due to the low temperature this is the only time of the year when it would be convenient for me to travel. I would like to know what would my options be if I am looking for a family vacation which entails nice beach hotel, fancy restaurants, breathtaking scenery, and interesting places for strolling? Also, are the seawaters too cold for a swim at this time of the year? If so, do hotels usually warm the pool waters for guests? (Sorry if I asked questions that seemed to some of you like a no brainer because I live in Asia and this would be my first trip to the French Riviera.) I'm torn between Cannes and Monte Carlo actually so I'm wondering which would make a better base for my visit as well, based on criteria specified.
Visiting Cannes in February
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 2 Le Grand Depart and Yorkshire Festival
- 3 Need packing help! What to wear daytime sightseeing in Europe...
- 4 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 5 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 6 cheapest way to get from greece to turkey
- 7 Munich
- 8 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 9 Reservation needed in Germany?
- 10 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 11 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 12 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 13 Munich with a car?
- 14 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 15 Greek Island Chartering Yacht with Skipper?
- 16 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Le Marche and the Dolomites
- 17 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 18 Wales/Scotland Trip - August 2014
- 19 Barcelona to SW France to Madrid in 10 days
- 20 Itinerary Help!
- 21 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 22 Italy Roma Card, Florence Card Recommended? Train Pass?
- 23 Rent a villa in Crete or Not?
- 24 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 25 He said , she said