I am looking to visit Cannes on the coming February and although I understood this is not a particularly good time to visit the French Riviera due to the low temperature this is the only time of the year when it would be convenient for me to travel. I would like to know what would my options be if I am looking for a family vacation which entails nice beach hotel, fancy restaurants, breathtaking scenery, and interesting places for strolling? Also, are the seawaters too cold for a swim at this time of the year? If so, do hotels usually warm the pool waters for guests? (Sorry if I asked questions that seemed to some of you like a no brainer because I live in Asia and this would be my first trip to the French Riviera.) I'm torn between Cannes and Monte Carlo actually so I'm wondering which would make a better base for my visit as well, based on criteria specified.
Visiting Cannes in February
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Prague Main Train Station
- 2 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 3 Castle "ruins" Tirol, Austria, Bavaria, Switzerland ?
- 4 The Adriatic? Or Turkey and the Greek Islands?
- 5 Car rental - Orvieto or Rome
- 6 recommended airport transfer in rome italy
- 7 Best private transfer from Civitacchia port to rome airport
- 8 Itinerary Questions
- 9 5 days to see Granada - Seville?
- 10 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 11 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe
- 12 Frankfurt Macarons
- 13 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 14 Manchester UK-good place for a Thanksgiving dinner?
- 15 London 12 day itinerary suggestions needed
- 16 Trieste as a day trip?
- 17 Any stay at first hotel reisen?
- 18 Geneva/Graechen/Milan Driving in February
- 19 Venice in Jan
- 20 Trieste as a day trip?
- 21 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 22 Lucerne & Zurich
- 23 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 24 Trip around Spain
- 25 Lake como