I am looking to visit Cannes on the coming February and although I understood this is not a particularly good time to visit the French Riviera due to the low temperature this is the only time of the year when it would be convenient for me to travel. I would like to know what would my options be if I am looking for a family vacation which entails nice beach hotel, fancy restaurants, breathtaking scenery, and interesting places for strolling? Also, are the seawaters too cold for a swim at this time of the year? If so, do hotels usually warm the pool waters for guests? (Sorry if I asked questions that seemed to some of you like a no brainer because I live in Asia and this would be my first trip to the French Riviera.) I'm torn between Cannes and Monte Carlo actually so I'm wondering which would make a better base for my visit as well, based on criteria specified.
Visiting Cannes in February
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Air France strike
- 2 URGENT HELP- Traveling soon for Croatia, B & H, Slovenia, Montenegro
- 3 Amsterdam neighborhood to stay for 2 weeks
- 4 Giverny in early October?
- 5 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 6 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 7 Interested In Coach Passes
- 8 visit a working farm in Southern Ireland
- 9 Voltage in UK and France
- 10 Help with Amsterdam for Christmas and Paris for New Year’s
- 11 Two Days in Prague
- 12 How many nights in Vienna vs. Salzburg?
- 13 Nuit Blanche 2014
- 14 Schengen Visa
- 15 Spain - looking for a historic town and beach town
- 16 Alterations to night trains routes
- 17 Paris GTG 10/1-10/8?
- 18 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 19 london in 2.5 days
- 20 Belgium, Germany, Netherlands
- 21 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece
- 22 Concert at St. Chapelle question
- 23 London GTG late September?
- 24 US looking into preclearance at European airports
- 25 Florence Hotel Advice