We are a couple in late 20s and would be visiting UK in the end of March 2013. We are landing in London (Heathrow) and are planning to stay in London initially for 2 days and then 3 more days while return (as the return flight is from London only). Also planning to stay for 2 nights in York + Leeds and 2 nights in Glasgow + Edinburgh.
1. Very first question is that giving 5 days to london and around is too much or not? I can only think of places like Oxford, Cambridge & Birmingham. Please suggest some more nearby places.
2. Where to stay in London? It should be easily reachable by tube and somewhere in the city itself. Infact the budget allows US for a less than 100 GBP accomodation per night. A few hotels in Hyde Park area and Kensington Area appear affordable - is it fine to stay there?
3. While being in York, we are thinking of touching Leeds and Manchester. I heard Sheffield is also beautiful. Any suggetions?
4. Finally, Glasgow and Edinburgh has been given 2 days in my itinerary, which I feel is sufficient. Any suggestions are invited.
Thanks in advance.
Visit to UK for 10 days
- 1 Buy authentic passports , drivers license , id card for sale
- 2 Driving Through Adriatic Italy
- 3 Russia visa denials
- 4 Transportation from Barcelona airport to Li Riberia
- 5 Help with planning a trip to Turkey
- 6 I have a new eBook out on Mystical Ireland Travel
- 7 PLEASE help - Germany, France,Switzerland,Italy itinerary
- 8 Paris Transportation- Hotel near Saint Suplice Station to CDG Airport
- 9 Derby - What to do with 1.5 days?
- 10 Best area to stay in Rome
- 11 Sweden, Denmark, Norway Trip Report
- 12 London and Paris; Christmas 2013!
- 13 Positano: hotel recommendations needed!
- 14 Am I too fat too travel?
- 15 Crete in April
- 16 Finding Somene to Share the Cost of Car Rental with Driver to Tour Southern Tusacany in Mid Oct 2013
- 17 Getting from Tuscany to Lauterbrunnen
- 18 Scotland & Ireland - do I HAVE to pick 1 for 7-day trip?
- 19 Paris to Nice or to Cassis on september?
- 20 Rental car size in Spain: what's a supermini?
- 21 Trip Report: SE England - Stately Homes & Gardens in Kent
- 22 Confirm these things before you book yourself at B&B accommodation.
- 23 Day trip or 1 night in Paris from London (w 7y/o & visiting Disney)
- 24 Trip Report: 10 day trip (with lots of pictures!)
- 25 Paris Ticket t+