We are a couple in late 20s and would be visiting UK in the end of March 2013. We are landing in London (Heathrow) and are planning to stay in London initially for 2 days and then 3 more days while return (as the return flight is from London only). Also planning to stay for 2 nights in York + Leeds and 2 nights in Glasgow + Edinburgh.
1. Very first question is that giving 5 days to london and around is too much or not? I can only think of places like Oxford, Cambridge & Birmingham. Please suggest some more nearby places.
2. Where to stay in London? It should be easily reachable by tube and somewhere in the city itself. Infact the budget allows US for a less than 100 GBP accomodation per night. A few hotels in Hyde Park area and Kensington Area appear affordable - is it fine to stay there?
3. While being in York, we are thinking of touching Leeds and Manchester. I heard Sheffield is also beautiful. Any suggetions?
4. Finally, Glasgow and Edinburgh has been given 2 days in my itinerary, which I feel is sufficient. Any suggestions are invited.
Thanks in advance.
Visit to UK for 10 days
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advice and suggestions welcome for 2 month trip
- 2 There Nights in London - Lodging, Tour, Places
- 3 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 4 Interesting travel scam article
- 5 10 days in England
- 6 A full week in The Netherlands
- 7 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 8 Itinerey help for a 27 day trip to Europe for April of 2015
- 9 There Nights in Venice - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 10 Planning an itinerary in Southern France
- 11 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 12 Advice for first family trip to Europe
- 13 IRELAND - the driving is great: east to west, south to north!
- 14 Crete at Christmas-which 3 towns to base ourselves?
- 15 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 16 Need to get from ship to Venice airport
- 17 There Nights in Paris - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 18 British Plastic Shopping Bags All Have Holes in Them?
- 19 Favorite Views of Paris?
- 20 Drawing courses in Paris
- 21 Looking for add on city
- 22 Trip report/blog - 2 weeks in Amsterdam, Belgium, and South Africa
- 23 to take cash from USA or from ATMs in France?
- 24 restaurants / pubs near British museum / Bloomsbury
- 25 Travel phones in France and Italy