We are a couple in late 20s and would be visiting UK in the end of March 2013. We are landing in London (Heathrow) and are planning to stay in London initially for 2 days and then 3 more days while return (as the return flight is from London only). Also planning to stay for 2 nights in York + Leeds and 2 nights in Glasgow + Edinburgh.
1. Very first question is that giving 5 days to london and around is too much or not? I can only think of places like Oxford, Cambridge & Birmingham. Please suggest some more nearby places.
2. Where to stay in London? It should be easily reachable by tube and somewhere in the city itself. Infact the budget allows US for a less than 100 GBP accomodation per night. A few hotels in Hyde Park area and Kensington Area appear affordable - is it fine to stay there?
3. While being in York, we are thinking of touching Leeds and Manchester. I heard Sheffield is also beautiful. Any suggetions?
4. Finally, Glasgow and Edinburgh has been given 2 days in my itinerary, which I feel is sufficient. Any suggestions are invited.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 2 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 3 Cetona, Barbarino Val d'elsa or Greve?
- 4 How many nights to spend in Granada and Malaga & a few other questions
- 5 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 6 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 7 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 8 Ireland in April
- 9 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 10 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 11 Amalfi Coast help
- 12 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 13 A few days outside Rome
- 14 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 15 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 16 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 17 CDG airport and connection time
- 18 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 19 Paris Metro
- 20 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 21 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 22 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 23 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 24 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 25 EATING IN LISBON..first visit