We are a couple in late 20s and would be visiting UK in the end of March 2013. We are landing in London (Heathrow) and are planning to stay in London initially for 2 days and then 3 more days while return (as the return flight is from London only). Also planning to stay for 2 nights in York + Leeds and 2 nights in Glasgow + Edinburgh.
1. Very first question is that giving 5 days to london and around is too much or not? I can only think of places like Oxford, Cambridge & Birmingham. Please suggest some more nearby places.
2. Where to stay in London? It should be easily reachable by tube and somewhere in the city itself. Infact the budget allows US for a less than 100 GBP accomodation per night. A few hotels in Hyde Park area and Kensington Area appear affordable - is it fine to stay there?
3. While being in York, we are thinking of touching Leeds and Manchester. I heard Sheffield is also beautiful. Any suggetions?
4. Finally, Glasgow and Edinburgh has been given 2 days in my itinerary, which I feel is sufficient. Any suggestions are invited.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Family holidays in Italy
- 2 5 Days in Dublin
- 3 Car rental scams at Frankfurt airport
- 4 Capri, Pompeii, Amalfi in 3 days with Naples as base...
- 5 Is Bullfighting still going-on in Spain in October?
- 6 How to Work Mastique Age-Defying ?
- 7 http://www.crevalorsite.com/xplosive-vital-reviews/
- 8 Trimplex Elite Makes You Young Looking and slim Once again!
- 9 tablet
- 10 Scooter hire in Sorrento/Amalfi...
- 11 TRAVEL COMPANION WANTED
- 12 Mennagio to Switzerland - 3 days....
- 13 Orange or other Spain SIM card available in Barcelona Airport?
- 14 Barcelona completely overrated
- 15 Schengen Entry Ban ,can travel Romania?
- 16 Prague old town
- 17 Rome Airport Question!
- 18 Train from London to Leeds and from York to London
- 19 Thanksgiving Trip from Land
- 20 26 days in Italy
- 21 Greenland from the Air trip report, photo gallery
- 22 Car rental between countries
- 23 Holland Itinerary
- 24 Train Ticket Help
- 25 Puglia Itinerary - too many choices