We are a couple in late 20s and would be visiting UK in the end of March 2013. We are landing in London (Heathrow) and are planning to stay in London initially for 2 days and then 3 more days while return (as the return flight is from London only). Also planning to stay for 2 nights in York + Leeds and 2 nights in Glasgow + Edinburgh.
1. Very first question is that giving 5 days to london and around is too much or not? I can only think of places like Oxford, Cambridge & Birmingham. Please suggest some more nearby places.
2. Where to stay in London? It should be easily reachable by tube and somewhere in the city itself. Infact the budget allows US for a less than 100 GBP accomodation per night. A few hotels in Hyde Park area and Kensington Area appear affordable - is it fine to stay there?
3. While being in York, we are thinking of touching Leeds and Manchester. I heard Sheffield is also beautiful. Any suggetions?
4. Finally, Glasgow and Edinburgh has been given 2 days in my itinerary, which I feel is sufficient. Any suggestions are invited.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving from Spain to Portugal - passport check?
- 2 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 3 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 4 Short Trip in July
- 5 Things to do in Brussels
- 6 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 7 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 8 Greek Islands (small)
- 9 Campervan in Croatia
- 10 K-Day
- 11 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 12 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 13 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 14 UK Visa Help
- 15 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 16 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 17 Spain in December
- 18 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 19 Reindeer Migration on NRK
- 20 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 21 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 22 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 23 Cell Phone Question
- 24 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 25 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)