We are a couple in late 20s and would be visiting UK in the end of March 2013. We are landing in London (Heathrow) and are planning to stay in London initially for 2 days and then 3 more days while return (as the return flight is from London only). Also planning to stay for 2 nights in York + Leeds and 2 nights in Glasgow + Edinburgh.
1. Very first question is that giving 5 days to london and around is too much or not? I can only think of places like Oxford, Cambridge & Birmingham. Please suggest some more nearby places.
2. Where to stay in London? It should be easily reachable by tube and somewhere in the city itself. Infact the budget allows US for a less than 100 GBP accomodation per night. A few hotels in Hyde Park area and Kensington Area appear affordable - is it fine to stay there?
3. While being in York, we are thinking of touching Leeds and Manchester. I heard Sheffield is also beautiful. Any suggetions?
4. Finally, Glasgow and Edinburgh has been given 2 days in my itinerary, which I feel is sufficient. Any suggestions are invited.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 2 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 3 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 4 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 5 St Denis Cathedral
- 6 Sao Miguel, Azores
- 7 Ireland itinerary help please
- 8 No Periods in British Written English!
- 9 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 10 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 11 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 12 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 13 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 14 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 15 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 16 First time in Bulgaria
- 17 Question about Alsa Bus from Cordoba to Granada
- 18 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 19 Alps Drive
- 20 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 21 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 22 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 23 Paris cooking classes
- 24 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 25 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please