We are a couple in late 20s and would be visiting UK in the end of March 2013. We are landing in London (Heathrow) and are planning to stay in London initially for 2 days and then 3 more days while return (as the return flight is from London only). Also planning to stay for 2 nights in York + Leeds and 2 nights in Glasgow + Edinburgh.
1. Very first question is that giving 5 days to london and around is too much or not? I can only think of places like Oxford, Cambridge & Birmingham. Please suggest some more nearby places.
2. Where to stay in London? It should be easily reachable by tube and somewhere in the city itself. Infact the budget allows US for a less than 100 GBP accomodation per night. A few hotels in Hyde Park area and Kensington Area appear affordable - is it fine to stay there?
3. While being in York, we are thinking of touching Leeds and Manchester. I heard Sheffield is also beautiful. Any suggetions?
4. Finally, Glasgow and Edinburgh has been given 2 days in my itinerary, which I feel is sufficient. Any suggestions are invited.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italian Riviera
- 2 Explore Bergen myself or Take Norway In A Nutshell from Oslo to Bergen?
- 3 sfo to europe
- 4 Switzerland in mid-April
- 5 Christmas in London (& Paris)
- 6 Ireland/Scotland Trip: Itinerary Help Needed
- 7 Five day Iceland getaway in rainy November
- 8 Last min prep for Krakow - Questions
- 9 Critique my Budapest itinerary please!
- 10 16 night honeymoon in Spain
- 11 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 12 Rue des Rosiers
- 13 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 14 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 15 Pyrenees villages sth of Lourdes
- 16 Hamam Istanbul?
- 17 Holiday in Austria
- 18 Paris Under Seige...
- 19 First Trip to Europe!
- 20 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 21 visa appointment experience
- 22 Purchasing Italian train tickets from USA!
- 23 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 24 Received Black Friday ads feom Europe
- 25 Snakes on a Plane? Our Thanksgiving in Paris!