We are a couple in late 20s and would be visiting UK in the end of March 2013. We are landing in London (Heathrow) and are planning to stay in London initially for 2 days and then 3 more days while return (as the return flight is from London only). Also planning to stay for 2 nights in York + Leeds and 2 nights in Glasgow + Edinburgh.
1. Very first question is that giving 5 days to london and around is too much or not? I can only think of places like Oxford, Cambridge & Birmingham. Please suggest some more nearby places.
2. Where to stay in London? It should be easily reachable by tube and somewhere in the city itself. Infact the budget allows US for a less than 100 GBP accomodation per night. A few hotels in Hyde Park area and Kensington Area appear affordable - is it fine to stay there?
3. While being in York, we are thinking of touching Leeds and Manchester. I heard Sheffield is also beautiful. Any suggetions?
4. Finally, Glasgow and Edinburgh has been given 2 days in my itinerary, which I feel is sufficient. Any suggestions are invited.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome to Positano
- 2 Whirlwind Iceland w/ two kids - trip report
- 3 Looking for advice about 2 week solo trip to Italy
- 4 Backpack with Infant carrier?
- 5 Poland in September
- 6 Kids Travel Guides for Reading up!
- 7 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 8 How to get from the Airport (Charles de Gaul) to Marais
- 9 Sachsenhausen?
- 10 Cheap Paris Boutiques
- 11 Euro 2016 Football championship
- 12 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 13 First Trip to Italy-2 weeks
- 14 Amalfi Coast + Croatia Itinerary Help Needed
- 15 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 16 Corsica France...Calvi or Ajaccio or?
- 17 Basic Itinerary for Flight to Denmark
- 18 Hotel advice
- 19 Southern Spain or Sicily in early to mid March
- 20 Paris: Best Hot Chocolate
- 21 Taormina, Sicily
- 22 River Boat Cruise
- 23 Croatia travel ideas
- 24 Your Thoughts on the Black Forest, please --
- 25 house exchange