We are a couple in late 20s and would be visiting UK in the end of March 2013. We are landing in London (Heathrow) and are planning to stay in London initially for 2 days and then 3 more days while return (as the return flight is from London only). Also planning to stay for 2 nights in York + Leeds and 2 nights in Glasgow + Edinburgh.
1. Very first question is that giving 5 days to london and around is too much or not? I can only think of places like Oxford, Cambridge & Birmingham. Please suggest some more nearby places.
2. Where to stay in London? It should be easily reachable by tube and somewhere in the city itself. Infact the budget allows US for a less than 100 GBP accomodation per night. A few hotels in Hyde Park area and Kensington Area appear affordable - is it fine to stay there?
3. While being in York, we are thinking of touching Leeds and Manchester. I heard Sheffield is also beautiful. Any suggetions?
4. Finally, Glasgow and Edinburgh has been given 2 days in my itinerary, which I feel is sufficient. Any suggestions are invited.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Verdun ceremonies -- 100th anniversary of the battle
- 2 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 3 Solo backpacking for 5 weeks
- 4 Cost of Van from CDG
- 5 3-ish Countries in 3 Weeks?
- 6 Ireland - Northern or Western
- 7 Croatian islands
- 8 Beyond the Trees: At Altitude in Italy's Snowy Dolomites
- 9 Walking GPS?
- 10 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 11 One Way... trust or bust?
- 12 To St. Pancras at stupid-o'clock: how would you do it?
- 13 London theatre fans: advance info about Globe productions?
- 14 Pure Forskolin XT @ http://fornatgaex.com/pure-forskolin-xt-reviews/
- 15 How best to spend a long day in Warnemunde
- 16 Fake police scam in Budapest
- 17 12 days in the Italian Lakes
- 18 However, once you've gotten
- 19 After Mass, on a Sunday, in Rome
- 20 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 21 Edinburgh Nightlife
- 22 Girls trip - Lisbon
- 23 Book recommendation: Non-travel book about the Dolomites
- 24 July 2-5, 2012 Int'l Philosphy Conference at Assos, Turkey (near Troy)
- 25 Cross Border Car Rental in Balkans