I am a bigtime foodie, but practical enough to be adjusting during travel. I am an Indian lacto-vegetarian, but enjoy ALL cuisines! Especially, Mexican, Italian, Middle-eastern, Mediterranean, etc. I have no qualms in buying stuff from super-markets for small back-up meals. I don't mind assembling a sandwich from store-bought bread, cheese, tomato and herbs, eating couple of fruits on the go (I LOVE fruits!) and washing it down with milk / juice / lemonade (again made from store-bought lemons)!
Any suggestions on how to tackle food issue while I'd be in Spain? Which dishes to order in cafes / restaurants? Are supermarkets / fruit shops / bakeries easy to spot? I can make do with the simplest of meals, but being prepared will reduce time taken to fuss around food and give me more time for sight-seeing.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 12 days, which 4 cities?
- 2 Monti in Rome, your thoughts please
- 3 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 4 London - Lakes - Hadrian - Traquair and more...
- 5 Is 2hr25m layover enough to collect and recheck baggage?
- 6 Searching for beach town in Amalfi area for summer holiday
- 7 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 8 Any experience with these three private guides for the Alhambra?
- 9 Reflections on our Trip to Barcelona, Languedoc, Dordogne and Paris
- 10 Cote d'Azur & Provence Itinerary - Stu Dudley's new/revised edition
- 11 Trip Report: Edinburgh, York, Cornwall and Highclere
- 12 Paris gtg in October?
- 13 Copenhagen / Stockholm trip advice
- 14 Lisboa upscale hotel choice (??)
- 15 Travel Pass Suggestion
- 16 Italy trains question
- 17 ATM skimmer - good example of a traveler finding one in Vienna
- 18 Things I Learned in 3 Weeks in southern Ireland
- 19 Iceland in July
- 20 Sample itinerary Germany in March
- 21 Itinerary….Need help from Ireland Guru's
- 22 Lisbon Airport - A Huge Mess
- 23 5 Ladies, 4 Destinations and 1 Month
- 24 Itinerary set for my grand Basque adventure
- 25 Spain and Portugal for two and a half weeks