I am a bigtime foodie, but practical enough to be adjusting during travel. I am an Indian lacto-vegetarian, but enjoy ALL cuisines! Especially, Mexican, Italian, Middle-eastern, Mediterranean, etc. I have no qualms in buying stuff from super-markets for small back-up meals. I don't mind assembling a sandwich from store-bought bread, cheese, tomato and herbs, eating couple of fruits on the go (I LOVE fruits!) and washing it down with milk / juice / lemonade (again made from store-bought lemons)!
Any suggestions on how to tackle food issue while I'd be in Spain? Which dishes to order in cafes / restaurants? Are supermarkets / fruit shops / bakeries easy to spot? I can make do with the simplest of meals, but being prepared will reduce time taken to fuss around food and give me more time for sight-seeing.
Vegetarian Food Suggestions in Spain pls
- 1 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 2 A full week in The Netherlands
- 3 Prague Main Train Station
- 4 Need advice - Context Tours for Gallery Borghese & Vatican
- 5 Spain Travel
- 6 Venice in Jan
- 7 Le Marche and Rome - Part 2 - Urbino
- 8 Common practice to provide passport copies for apartment rental in Venice?
- 9 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 10 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 11 Southern France
- 12 Stockholm hotel suggestions please!!!!
- 13 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 14 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 15 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 16 Geneva/Graechen/Milan Driving in February
- 17 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe
- 18 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 19 Public transport from Ostuni
- 20 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 21 Itinerary Questions
- 22 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 23 at last an itinerary: feedback and hotel suggestions please
- 24 Bologna Restaurants open on Sunday?
- 25 Trip Report - Fringe Movements