My second post for this trip - the first is here: http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/2011-trip-around-some-of-eastern-europe-itinery-advice.cfm
Now, after much consideration, I have booked my trip for July, I could do with a quick lowdown of the sights and what to see. Originally I was going to fit Germany into the trip as well, but now that is going to wait until the 2012 massive trip (when I can afford it). So I have a more expansive budget than previously, I'll be able to afford £15-20 per day on sightseeing stuff, which (I believe) is more than enough for entrance fees and the like.
My itinery looks like this:
Gdansk - 4 Nights
Torun - 3 Nights
Warsaw - 5 Nights
Lublin - 4 Nights
Lodz - 4 Nights
Krakow - 7 Nights
Wroclaw - 3 Nights
Olomouc - 3 Nights
Pilsen - 3 Nights
Cesky Krumlov - 3 Nights
Prague - 7 Nights
So a total of 46 nights, and I would be much obliged if people who have visited any of the above could tell me the best sights to visit at each, special emphasis on historical sights.
Trip Booked - Poland and Czech, where to sightsee?
- 1 Rome Accommodation
- 2 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 3 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 4 Tuscan Agriturismo
- 5 Chambermaid tipping
- 6 To Paris and Provence in June
- 7 London for Christmas
- 8 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 9 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 10 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 11 El Rocio festival, Huelva
- 12 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 13 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 14 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 15 Has anyone used Airfare.com?
- 16 Night trains across Europe--what are the fares?
- 17 Greek islands from Turkey
- 18 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 19 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 20 rent car / Munich
- 21 Advent weekend in Quedlinburg
- 22 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 23 Italian Lakes gardens
- 24 Walking shoes for London and Paris
- 25 TGV and Provence questions