My second post for this trip - the first is here: http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/2011-trip-around-some-of-eastern-europe-itinery-advice.cfm
Now, after much consideration, I have booked my trip for July, I could do with a quick lowdown of the sights and what to see. Originally I was going to fit Germany into the trip as well, but now that is going to wait until the 2012 massive trip (when I can afford it). So I have a more expansive budget than previously, I'll be able to afford £15-20 per day on sightseeing stuff, which (I believe) is more than enough for entrance fees and the like.
My itinery looks like this:
Gdansk - 4 Nights
Torun - 3 Nights
Warsaw - 5 Nights
Lublin - 4 Nights
Lodz - 4 Nights
Krakow - 7 Nights
Wroclaw - 3 Nights
Olomouc - 3 Nights
Pilsen - 3 Nights
Cesky Krumlov - 3 Nights
Prague - 7 Nights
So a total of 46 nights, and I would be much obliged if people who have visited any of the above could tell me the best sights to visit at each, special emphasis on historical sights.
Trip Booked - Poland and Czech, where to sightsee?
- 1 Emergency apartment/hotel - Frankfurt -Dornstetten-Hallwangen area
- 2 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 3 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 4 Sardinia and Berlin Itinerary
- 5 New & Improved 2 Week Honeymoon Itinerary Italy
- 6 Spain Pyrenees overnight stopover Help needed with route?
- 7 Villa or Hilltop Town?
- 8 Nuremberg VGN Tageskarten Plus
- 9 Easyjet has changed the rules re size of carry-on baggage
- 10 London at Xmas
- 11 Easyjet luggage/ baggage
- 12 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 13 best place to get euros for Ireland trip
- 14 ferry to Harwich
- 15 UK in the Fall: Trip Suggestions
- 16 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 17 10 day honeymoon in Italy in Nov
- 18 UK Trip Report So Far....
- 19 Anyone used this rental agency called Short Time Rental in Paris,
- 20 just want to know
- 21 Planning my trip to Italy
- 22 Backpacking through Europe
- 23 Sardinia July Our final plan
- 24 France and Italy for wedding and honeymoon
- 25 Matlock Public Transport Challenge: Matlock to Red House Carriage Museum