My second post for this trip - the first is here: http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/2011-trip-around-some-of-eastern-europe-itinery-advice.cfm
Now, after much consideration, I have booked my trip for July, I could do with a quick lowdown of the sights and what to see. Originally I was going to fit Germany into the trip as well, but now that is going to wait until the 2012 massive trip (when I can afford it). So I have a more expansive budget than previously, I'll be able to afford £15-20 per day on sightseeing stuff, which (I believe) is more than enough for entrance fees and the like.
My itinery looks like this:
Gdansk - 4 Nights
Torun - 3 Nights
Warsaw - 5 Nights
Lublin - 4 Nights
Lodz - 4 Nights
Krakow - 7 Nights
Wroclaw - 3 Nights
Olomouc - 3 Nights
Pilsen - 3 Nights
Cesky Krumlov - 3 Nights
Prague - 7 Nights
So a total of 46 nights, and I would be much obliged if people who have visited any of the above could tell me the best sights to visit at each, special emphasis on historical sights.
Trip Booked - Poland and Czech, where to sightsee?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 2 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 3 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 4 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 5 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 6 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 7 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 8 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 9 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 10 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 11 travel from Malaga to Rhonda Spain
- 12 Public holiday Prague 17 Nov
- 13 Loire Valley - Private Driver/Guide
- 14 Five nights in Extremadura
- 15 Why go further, Manchester Christmas Markets back soon.
- 16 Suggestions needed for our first visit to Athens without speaking Greek
- 17 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 18 Travel between Madrid and Caceres
- 19 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 20 Parma- Uh, Oops- Historic Dist. Ticket
- 21 Mittenwald (or general vicinity)
- 22 Stonehenge and Bath
- 23 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 24 Pastry Classes in Paris
- 25 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget