My second post for this trip - the first is here: http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/2011-trip-around-some-of-eastern-europe-itinery-advice.cfm
Now, after much consideration, I have booked my trip for July, I could do with a quick lowdown of the sights and what to see. Originally I was going to fit Germany into the trip as well, but now that is going to wait until the 2012 massive trip (when I can afford it). So I have a more expansive budget than previously, I'll be able to afford £15-20 per day on sightseeing stuff, which (I believe) is more than enough for entrance fees and the like.
My itinery looks like this:
Gdansk - 4 Nights
Torun - 3 Nights
Warsaw - 5 Nights
Lublin - 4 Nights
Lodz - 4 Nights
Krakow - 7 Nights
Wroclaw - 3 Nights
Olomouc - 3 Nights
Pilsen - 3 Nights
Cesky Krumlov - 3 Nights
Prague - 7 Nights
So a total of 46 nights, and I would be much obliged if people who have visited any of the above could tell me the best sights to visit at each, special emphasis on historical sights.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Engadine Valley help
- 2 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 3 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 4 Northern Italy 11 days Milan in/out
- 5 Andalusia March 2 - March 11 Barcelona to Lisbon
- 6 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 7 Honeymoon in Greece
- 8 Italy for Christmas Week
- 9 A Month stay in Southern France
- 10 Shoes in Scotland
- 11 Please recommend an honest car rental service in Romania
- 12 Enough time to make connection at CDG?
- 13 Question about Half Fare Cards
- 14 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 15 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 16 A Week In Athens - Trip Report
- 17 Portugal with large family
- 18 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 19 restaurants in Marais district
- 20 Sicily
- 21 Road trip from Barcelona to Rome (1st time in Europe)
- 22 Palazzo Ravizza or Il Battistero-Siena?
- 23 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please
- 24 Help with Tuscany villa that is a walk to town/restaurants
- 25 Wedding in Ireland