We are in the very beginning stages of trip planning. We are attending a wedding in Bratislava for a week in mid July. We are a family of 4 - 2 adults and 2 teens (17/19). We are all very able bodied, like biking, and prefer to travel light. We are thinking of doing the following:
Arrive Vienna - 1 day - then bus to Bratislava
Bratislava - 6 days (wedding festivities) - perhaps time for Vienna here
Budapest - 3 nights
Croatia - on the coast - 3 -4 nights
Krakow - 3 nights
Prague - 3 nights
fly out of Prague
We are thinking of train travel for each segment with a (hopefully) sleeper train from Croatia to Krakow. I had chosen a bus to get to Bratislava as the bus will pick you up at the airport and take you to the town square in Bratislava. Is this itinerary reasonable or over loaded? Any thoughts would be very much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 2 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 3 Italy Car Scam
- 4 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 5 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 6 Spanish Medical Providers
- 7 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 8 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 9 Barcelona alternative
- 10 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 11 Frankfurt to UK
- 12 Piedmont, Cinque Terre, Lucca trip report
- 13 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 14 Boozing and Bathing in Budapest!
- 15 God Save the Queen?
- 16 Daily budget for London (accommodation already paid for)
- 17 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 18 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 19 Trip Report: Scotland, Vienna, Prague, and Berlin (May/June 2017)
- 20 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 21 Paris to Italy
- 22 9 Days in Spain
- 23 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 24 Bulgaria- hidden gems
- 25 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?