We are in the very beginning stages of trip planning. We are attending a wedding in Bratislava for a week in mid July. We are a family of 4 - 2 adults and 2 teens (17/19). We are all very able bodied, like biking, and prefer to travel light. We are thinking of doing the following:
Arrive Vienna - 1 day - then bus to Bratislava
Bratislava - 6 days (wedding festivities) - perhaps time for Vienna here
Budapest - 3 nights
Croatia - on the coast - 3 -4 nights
Krakow - 3 nights
Prague - 3 nights
fly out of Prague
We are thinking of train travel for each segment with a (hopefully) sleeper train from Croatia to Krakow. I had chosen a bus to get to Bratislava as the bus will pick you up at the airport and take you to the town square in Bratislava. Is this itinerary reasonable or over loaded? Any thoughts would be very much appreciated.
travelling through Eastern Europe
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Genealogy travel in Lithuania?
- 2 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 3 Fashion for larger man?
- 4 Advice Train from Berlin to Prague
- 5 Need help with Europe Itinerary
- 6 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 7 Traveling in France by train
- 8 Venice - visiting the Arsenal.
- 9 Fine-tuning a 30 day stay in Switzerland June 2014
- 10 Berner Oberland for 3 days over Thanksgiving
- 11 Which lake to visit in Italy
- 12 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 13 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 14 A little help needed for Dordogne area
- 15 What to wear
- 16 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 17 what to bring to Finland - gifts from California
- 18 Best website to book tickets for Uffizi Gallery Florence
- 19 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 20 Day trip to Northern Italy Suggestions
- 21 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 22 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 23 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 24 Croatia: Advice on 6 day itinery
- 25 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe