We are in the very beginning stages of trip planning. We are attending a wedding in Bratislava for a week in mid July. We are a family of 4 - 2 adults and 2 teens (17/19). We are all very able bodied, like biking, and prefer to travel light. We are thinking of doing the following:
Arrive Vienna - 1 day - then bus to Bratislava
Bratislava - 6 days (wedding festivities) - perhaps time for Vienna here
Budapest - 3 nights
Croatia - on the coast - 3 -4 nights
Krakow - 3 nights
Prague - 3 nights
fly out of Prague
We are thinking of train travel for each segment with a (hopefully) sleeper train from Croatia to Krakow. I had chosen a bus to get to Bratislava as the bus will pick you up at the airport and take you to the town square in Bratislava. Is this itinerary reasonable or over loaded? Any thoughts would be very much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European Championship
- 2 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 3 Things I Learned in 3 Weeks in southern Ireland
- 4 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 5 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids
- 6 Switzerland Itinerary - cheese making?
- 7 Happy accidents ,undiscovered gems -London, Paris
- 8 ATM skimmer - good example of a traveler finding one in Vienna
- 9 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 10 Getting from Gare de L'Est to Gare de Lyon
- 11 Parisian hotel lobby goes on the attack
- 12 Here I plan again....Amsterdam
- 13 Monti in Rome, your thoughts please
- 14 Scenic full day drive from Bacharach & return?
- 15 12 days, which 4 cities?
- 16 to do with kids 2 1/2 days with a layover in frankfurt
- 17 1 week in Cornwall, England
- 18 Scotland: Bluebells and Gorse, Castles and Stones, and NO Rain!
- 19 Le Marche, Italy
- 20 Trip Report: Edinburgh, York, Cornwall and Highclere
- 21 Ballet Bolshoi
- 22 Can't go to Ravello so....where?
- 23 Need help with Ligurian/CT itinerary
- 24 London, guided tours vs "do it oursleves"
- 25 Itinerary Help - 5 weeks Spain and Portugal Cities